Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call from 00 number

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

Owenzy31 wrote: »
    Same here - just 00 showing up on the phone. 3 calls yesterday but there on my landline phone - I'm with eircom. Just got another call there about 5 mins ago !!!
    i rang eircom about it yesterday as im getting more and more of the same calls.

eircom wont/cant block the number as its from outside the country.they werent aware of the 00 number.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

finally got something back from them.
    Dear Mr vibe666,

My apologies for the delay in responding to your e-mails regarding the
    issue of Meteor customer service calling individuals using the "00" caller
    ID.

As I had previously stated, this Office spoke with Meteor in January
    regarding this matter and Meteor informed this Office that it was ceasing
    this practice. Following you further e-mail, I again contacted Meteor in
    relation to the matter. At this point Meteor informed this Office that it
    had ceased the practice of asking the individuals that they have called for
    their PIN number.

Meteor then informed this Office that there is a technical difficulty to be
    overcome to cease displaying the "00" caller ID. Meteor have now informed
    this Office that it will have a remedy in place by the 28th June. This
    Office has informed Meteor of our disappointment at this delay but have
    accepted this final date and warned Meteor that any further delay will not
    be tolerated. We have also informed Meteor that it must not make any
    marketing calls from the "00" caller ID after that date. We have also
    recommended that Meteor place a notice on their website  informing
    customers that calls from Meteor are using the "00" ID and are legitimate
    calls.

I hope this clarifies the matter for you.

Yours sincerely,
    Canal House,
    Station Road,
    Portarlington,
    Co Laois.
    Ph. 057 8684779
    (This email is not a legal notice or a decision of the Data Protection
    Commissioner to which Section 26 of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003
    applies)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Almost two months to fix a displayed marketing number? That's a bit silly. Get the feeling Meteor are chancing their arm a bit here, and that the DPC is implemented in a kind of neutered fashion.

Would like to see the DPC flex their muscles a bit more really; not only does it look like Meteor were still spamming marketing texts even after being fined for it in the past (note: I 'think' this has now stopped, but not certain), but they seem to not be taking very seriously, DPC and customer complaints in general.

Companies that the DPC regulates over, need to be given much bigger fines, that undo all money earned from spamming these marketing calls/texts; if the fines are too small, and the regulation too lax, these companies won't care, because the penalties will just be the "cost of doing business", where they still earn a net profit.

Slap them down with much bigger fines, which wipe-out 2x, any profits generated through ignoring regulations; that moves away from 'cost of doing business' fines, towards proper regulation which will actually punish and deter companies away from breaching regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrroboito

I'm getting a similar call from 017652952 now. If I answer it immediately connects me to a ringing line. At which point I hang up because I can't believe I've fallen for it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

mrroboito wrote: »
    I'm getting a similar call from 017652952 now. If I answer it immediately connects me to a ringing line. At which point I hang up because I can't believe I've fallen for it again!

https://www.facebook.com/meteor/posts/610602702297103

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Flynbrd68

I just got a call from 00! I am in the US! I finally answered the call, heard a series of beeps, then the line went silent. Where does this call come from? This is quite weird and somewhat disturbing. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

Advertisement