Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22yo man on disability benefit charged with Phoenix Park gig assault

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Big Mouth wrote: »
    Yeah exactly, surely it would give huge incentive to get a job wouldn't it?

Because jobs are always easy to walk into you, and never easier when you get out of prison. Great sense, that.
    And to answer you're earlier post, a huge percentage of your near 20k posts are bleeding heart pieces. Anytime I look at boards and view one of these threads you usually throw your oar in with these Boyd-Barrett type opinions.

O you have me well sussed, no two ways about it.

I couldn't give two flying f*cks about people like him..

Yet here you are having the proverbial spasm about him. And of course, with the "fuck them" attitude, there'll be eejits like him around in every generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Scumbag attacks off duty gardai
    Boards angry that scumbag on disability benefit

I don't get what his benefits has to do with anything
    oc_pl wrote: »
    It makes me sick to see scum like that getting dissability benefits, I was taken out of my job for 6 months due to being diagnosed with epilepsy. My sick pay from work stopped and i tried to get money from the social and they told me i wasn't entitled to it because epilepsy isn't an illness its a condition.

will you be able to return to work? You should be entitled to Illness Benefit according to Irish Epilepsy Association
    Good luck oc_pl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Big Mouth

Nodin wrote: »
    Because jobs are always easy to walk into you, and never easier when you get out of prison. Great sense, that.

O you have me well sussed, no two ways about it.

Yet here you are having the proverbial spasm about him. And of course, with the "fuck them" attitude, there'll be eejits like him around in every generation.

Yes I do have you sussed so I'd hope that wasn't meant sarcastically, I'm only posting to put across the other view point to your rosy little world and because it makes me sick he gets disability and you're defending this.

Unfortunately there will be eejit's like him around for generations and also people like you to defend and protect these precious little souls, I don't mean to sound too smart there but valid point.

When I see another poster not able to claim disability for having an epilepsy "condition" it does wind me up, a person who has tried in life and lost their job versus a knacker who batters people at raves. (I know someone who knows him btw and by all accounts your typical rough scumbag)

Whatever happened to common sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

To qualify for Disability Allowance (DA) you must:
      Have an injury, disease or physical or mental disability that has continued or may be expected to continue for at least one year
    As a result of this disability be substantially restricted in undertaking work that would otherwise be suitable for a person of your age, experience and qualifications
    Be aged between 16 and 66. When you reach 66 years of age you no longer qualify for DA, but you are assessed for a State pension.
    Satisfy a means test
    Satisfy the Habitual Residence Condition.

So he's able to assault a guard but his disability restricts him from working, interesting

Yes I do have you sussed so I'd hope that wasn't meant sarcastically, I'm only posting to put across the other view point to your rosy little world and because it makes me sick he gets disability and you're defending this.?

So he doesn't deserve the benefit? Fascinating, because the rest of us don't even know what hes meant to be getting it for. Do please elaborate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Did he recognise the off duty cop or was it a random attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

A youtube clip of him at the gig has just been released.

So he doesn't deserve the benefit? Fascinating, because the rest of us don't even know what hes meant to be getting it for. Do please elaborate.

See post above for a legal definition. He has a "disability" but can go around battering people, you don't see why I have a problem with that?

See post above for a legal definition. He has a "disability" but can go around battering people, you don't see why I have a problem with that?

If you have one leg you can still clatter somebody with a crutch. That doesn't mean you're any less disabled.

If you have one leg you can still clatter somebody with a crutch. That doesn't mean you're any less disabled.

Yes they could I suppose whats your point? That fella hasn't a bother on him physically but I'm not going to bother anymore with this thread because you could reply with these comments all night.

He's a proper little toe rag and I hope the judge throws the book at him

• Advertisement

They might fall over. Having one leg does not make you disabled, it makes you differently abled.

Yes they could I suppose whats your point? That fella hasn't a bother on him physically ..........

You don't even know if he's on the sick because of a physical disability.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

reminds me did anyone see the pictures of the two inner city dubs that robbed that corrupt guys wife's handbag and electronics recently.. twins, maybe else the really pure indbreds all just look the same?

If yer interested in the rabbit jaw phenomenon, check them out. Look like classic pair o' inbred slowdraw mcDaw peasants from the wild west, except far worse dressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

If you commit a crime you should have your benefits taken away.

Able or disabled, doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Why did he pull his jacket over his head and then look directly at the cameras?

I don't agree with cutting of benefits either. Surely violent criminals belong in prison? If he is that much of a scumbag and guaranteed re-offender surely he will end up there long term before long? If he is a violent scumbag what is cutting his benefits going to do? Even if he got a job would it stop him being a scumbag? Do people with jobs simply not have the time to commit assault?

I would actually like to see offenders face harsher sentences than they get now. Be it for sex crimes or racking up massive lists of convictions but the cut to their benefits doesn't make any sense to me a solution.

It's a good thing the paper included the bit about him being on welfare or it wouldn't have garnered half as much outrage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭trodsky

Because his disability is being a scumbag.

Not all disabled people are scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

Clicked on the link to see him in the sun.....
    That seems to be a nice phone that he has. iphone maybe. I'm not sure as none of my family have an iphone. but then again, all my family work and are too rich to be able to afford such things. Those luxuries are only for the "poor" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭trodsky

yore wrote: »
    Clicked on the link to see him in the sun.....
    That seems to be a nice phone that he has. iphone maybe. I'm not sure as none of my family have an iphone. but then again, all my family work and are too rich to be able to afford such things. Those luxuries are only for the "poor" :rolleyes:

I have an iPhone and I'm not rich. What's your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

trodsky wrote: »
    I have an iPhone and I'm not rich. What's your point?

You are rich. You live in the Western world. Deal with it. Go tell a starving child in some poor country with no schooling just how poor you are.

The man who walks looks at the fella with the bicycle and thinks "he's rich, I'm not". The fella with the bike looks at the fella with the 10 yr old car and thinks "he's rich, I'm not". The fella with the 10 yr old car sees the fella with the BMW whizz by and thinks "he's rich, I'm not". The fella with the BMW looks at the fella with the helicopter.......

iphones aren't cheap. If you think they are then you are rich. The cheapest iphone plan on vodafone is 20 euro a month for a few vodafone-to-vodafone texts/calls and no data. With the old version of the iphone, the minimum contract of 18 months would mean you'd be handing over about 680 Euro over those 18 months. Any calls/texts to other networks are on top of that.

Fu$ked if I'd have had 680 quid to throw out on a phone when I was 22! And it ain't that long ago either.

• Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭kegzmc

yore wrote: »
    You are rich. You live in the Western world. Deal with it. Go tell a starving child in some poor country with no schooling just how poor you are.

The man who walks looks at the fella with the bicycle and thinks "he's rich, I'm not". The fella with the bike looks at the fella with the 10 yr old car and thinks "he's rich, I'm not". The fella with the 10 yr old car sees the fella with the BMW whizz by and thinks "he's rich, I'm not". The fella with the BMW looks at the fella with the helicopter.......

iphones aren't cheap. If you think they are then you are rich. The cheapest iphone plan on vodafone is 20 euro a month for a few vodafone-to-vodafone texts/calls and no data. With the old version of the iphone, the minimum contract of 18 months would mean you'd be handing over about 680 Euro over those 18 months. Any calls/texts to other networks are on top of that.

Fu$ked if I'd have had 680 quid to throw out on a phone when I was 22! And it ain't that long ago either.

Why dont you try to better yourself? Upskill, work harder etc. Then you'll get to enjoy the simple things in life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Some of the high horse brigade on here need to wise up, if this little gimp had assaulted their mother or sibling would they be so sympathetic to him because the op mentioned he was on disability allowance ?

He's a typical example of the scum in today's society, absolutely no respect for the people that contribute to the payments that pay for his little scumbag lifestyle .

Some of the high horse brigade on here need to wise up, if this little gimp had assaulted their mother or sibling would they be so sympathetic to him because the op mentioned he was on disability allowance ?
    ... .

Do us a favour, and quote and link to a post where that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I have relative who can barely walk and unable to work due to a degenerative condition and the ordeal she is being put through to get any state help is sickening. This clown should be reciept of an orange jumpsuit and manacles not state benefits. Why is it always the tracksuited classes that have all and sundry handed to them while those who work and contributed are treated like dogs?

You came in here to make that point?
    **** me lad talk about pointless statement.

Oh the bleedin heart liberals, you make the world slow down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I am SICK to death of this whole you can't generalise this that's a generalisation,not all are the same bla bla bla.

Most of the time people are saying that they have come across a certain person who acts in a certain way more than a few times.its not saying their all the same but its just a perception from experience,which is what educates us in life from day to day.

Arghhhhh if I hear it one more time I tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

latenia wrote: »
    A skanger called Seán attacks a garda called Wayne-it's like bizarro world.
    I enjoyed that post! :D

Post of the century. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

1210m5g wrote: »

From looking at his knuckles, I'd say he's been 'partying' again since the Park incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

xzanti wrote: »
    From looking at his knuckles, I'd say he's been 'partying' again since the Park incident.

Ha! Maybe that why is on disability.

'I got shocking sore knuckles doctor, dunno whats the cause'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

kraggy wrote: »
    If you commit a crime you should have your benefits taken away.

Someone on the dole gets caught breaking the speed limit. Dole gone.

That sort of thing?
    reminds me did anyone see the pictures of the two inner city dubs that robbed that corrupt guys wife's handbag and electronics recently.. twins, maybe else the really pure indbreds all just look the same?

If yer interested in the rabbit jaw phenomenon, check them out. Look like classic pair o' inbred slowdraw mcDaw peasants from the wild west, except far worse dressed

Jaysus - yesterday you were swearing blind that Irish genes and traits are something we need to protect and now you're running them down. You need to decide what side of the fence you're on buddy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement