Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22yo man on disability benefit charged with Phoenix Park gig assault

Options

Comments

1ZRed wrote: »
    Again, I'm not defending him. It was kind of made out that if he was able to go assaulting somebody he was well enough not to be entitled to disability. That was the only thing I got from the some vibes here. That's the only thing I wasn't agreeing with, the rest I fully get.

Obviously I don't agree with him getting his full benefits for what he's done but of course, but put that in the title and it's just an excuse to go taking shite about welfare/benefits again and again.

Well the thread title will sort of influence people opinions before they come in, i agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

1ZRed wrote: »
    Alright stop. You don't know what is medically wrong with him so you shouldn't be making any such hints that he wasn't entitled to his disability benefit. We don't know whether he was or wasn't.

That's not relevant. What's relevant is what he did and getting the appropriate punishment for it.

I feel sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Uriel. wrote: »
    I feel sick.
    Read along my posts. I think I was getting misunderstood with what I meant.
    I don't know where people got I was defending him. I agree with a lot of what's been said I just thought his assault charge would be the thing to get the focus, and then the welfare afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oc_pl

It makes me sick to see scum like that getting dissability benefits, I was taken out of my job for 6 months due to being diagnosed with epilepsy. My sick pay from work stopped and i tried to get money from the social and they told me i wasn't entitled to it because epilepsy isn't an illness its a condition.

oc_pl wrote: »
    It makes me sick to see scum like that getting dissability benefits, I was taken out of my job for 6 months due to being diagnosed with epilepsy. My sick pay from work stopped and i tried to get money from the social and they told me i wasn't entitled to it because epilepsy isn't an illness its a condition.

**** sake.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

A skanger called Seán attacks a garda called Wayne-it's like bizarro world.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

That is a disgrace...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Sorry, are you a Boards Moderator now? People who go around assaulting others shouldnt get State benefits, plain and simple.

Theres nothing as guaranteed to make somebody honest as taking away all their money. Never fails. Never, ever, ever, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Mickeys aside, I think this sums up what a lot of us are thinking. And I think anyone who commits a crime where other people are assaulted should have their benefits (be it jobseekers, disability or whatever) either reduced or docked for a prolonged period.

If you reduced or docked peoples benefits would that lead them to commit more crime or force them into deeper poverty ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I'd love for him to read this thread. Well thats if he was able to read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

He looks like an awful ****in' eejit in fairness, running around the place with a big smiley head on him wearing his fat man pants. Seriously who wears fat man pants to court :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    He looks like an awful ****in' eejit in fairness, running around the place with a big smiley head on him wearing his fat man pants. Seriously who wears fat man pants to court :rolleyes:
    I could never understand anyone who would go to court and not look respectable when their about to get a sentence.

Fat man pants are fucking great for drinking beer and eating pizza on the couch though, but that'd be about it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

mattjack wrote: »
    If you reduced or docked peoples benefits would that lead them to commit more crime or force them into deeper poverty ?

Perhaps it might make them think twice before assaulting people, knowing that their actions will have consequences. My sympathy rests with the innocent bystanders who get assaulted, not with these guys economic circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Did you go to your TD regarding this, sounds like a load of bollix someone spouted to me, and if its not it's a fuppin disgrace.

Perhaps it might make them think twice before assaulting people, knowing that their actions will have consequences.......

Their actions already have consequences. Do you think they get the same benefits when they get locked up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

Nodin wrote: »
    Their actions already have consequences. Do you think they get the same benefits when they get locked up?

And how many don't get locked up. Wishful thinking on your part .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Just because you have a genuine disability doesn't mean you can't engage in a brief burst of violent activity if you get your rag out.:cool:

I remember one interesting detail about the burning of the British Embassy in Dublin after the Brits had murdered a whole rake of peaceful protesters in Derry. One of the persons who subsequently appeared in court charged with throwing molotov cocktails at the embassy was a "disabled artist" (and a damn good one at that), who held his brushes in his mouth, because he had been born without arms.

He had also developed incredible dexterity and flexibility in his feet, enabling him even to use a public phone with its A and B buttons of those days. A Garda witness said he had seen the defendent throw a molotov cocktail, but the judge threw out the case.:)

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

You didnt see the menacing photo. A picture speaks a 1000 words

the one of him lookin over his shoulder he looked a terrible nasty skank altogether. with a knife to grind

And how many don't get locked up. .......

.....as you're the one so het up about it, I'd imagine you'd be the one to ask.

Did you even know they don't get benefits inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Big Mouth

.....as you're the one so het up about it, I'd imagine you'd be the one to ask.

Did you even know they don't get benefits inside?

The thing I find funny is if you and the rest of the bleeing heart liberals spent a few hours with chaps like this you probably wouldn't be so quick to defend them in every circumstance and the ironic thing is if you were in their company I pretty much know what they'd call you and think of you.

The world is far from perfect and some people are scumbags and are horrible people who will never contribute to society bar raising more of their ilk. I am quite certain from what I've read and seen this fella is one of those scumbags.

I'm related to people like him and I KNOW their scumbags and will never change

• Advertisement

Perhaps it might make them think twice before assaulting people, knowing that their actions will have consequences. My sympathy rests with the innocent bystanders who get assaulted, not with these guys economic circumstances.

Nobody is sympathising with the criminal , taking away somebody's benefit for a prolonged period of time leads to greater problems.He may be depending on that benefit to feed and house himself.
    Young men aren't famous for thinking out consequences.

mattjack wrote: »
    Nobody is sympathising with the criminal , taking away somebody's benefit for a prolonged period of time leads to greater problems.He may be depending on that benefit to feed and house himself.
    Young men aren't famous for thinking out consequences.

F*ck him, give me a year or two and when he comes out reduced benefits, a firm justice system is badly lacking in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

I hope the IMF see this.

Big Mouth wrote: »
    F*ck him, give me a year or two and when he comes out reduced benefits, a firm justice system is badly lacking in this country.

Easy there Big Boy , slow down and read your posts before submitting them.

The thing I find funny (.....)and will never change

Lovely stuff.

Whats it got to do with anything I've posted or the topic though...?

So after being sentenced, having done his time, he's then penalised during the period he's supposed to be going on the straight and narrow......

The thing I find funny is if you and the rest of the bleeing heart liberals spent a few hours with chaps like this you probably wouldn't be so quick to defend them in every circumstance and the ironic thing is if you were in their company I pretty much know what they'd call you and think of you.

The world is far from perfect and some people are scumbags and are horrible people who will never contribute to society bar raising more of their ilk. I am quite certain from what I've read and seen this fella is one of those scumbags.

I'm related to people like him and I KNOW their scumbags and will never change

I do .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

davet82 wrote: »
    the point is the guy could have the mental capacity of a 2 year old, the article says nothing about why he is legitimately claiming disability

Where was his carer? Surely if he had the mental capacity of a 2 year old, he would have a carer with him at the gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Boombastic wrote: »
    Where was his carer? Surely if he had the mental capacity of a 2 year old, he would have a carer with him at the gig?
    You're right, that's a good question. I blame the missing carer ;) seriously though i'm not taking up for the scum but he may have a legitimate disability. I think i'd be more concerned about the fact that he targetted an off duty police officer but maybe i'm missing the point.

• Advertisement

So after being sentenced, having done his time, he's then penalised during the period he's supposed to be going on the straight and narrow......

Yeah exactly, surely it would give huge incentive to get a job wouldn't it?

And to answer you're earlier post, a huge percentage of your near 20k posts are bleeding heart pieces. Anytime I look at boards and view one of these threads you usually throw your oar in with these Boyd-Barrett type opinions.

I couldn't give two flying f*cks about people like him. Call me old-fashioned but my simple view of the world is work hard, enjoy life when possible, be good to your family and friends, if you have kids do your best by them and teach them respect and good manners.

I'll mark your card now about this chap while I'm at it; I would bet my life he will re-offend numerous times throughout his life

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement