Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed checks in temp speed limit area (Sarsfield rndbout)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I have to commend the latest and insistent patrol of the middle lane approaching the Sarsfield roundabout west bound by the Gardai. It's great to see chancers be told in no uncertain terms to drive straight on and not to turn right towards Wilton.
    I saw one Gard going absolutely nuts with one dopey driver who was either too thick to understand the instructions or was trying to get him/herself taken into the station, after about 3 minutes of the Gard furiously waving his hand and shouting at the driver to continue on straight he/she finally did...it brightened up my evening commute:D

Seen it the other day going to Lesiureworld, I was heading towards the roundabout in the middle lane around 6pm, car in front tries to sneak into the Wilton lane on the roundabout only for the Garda to wave them on.

Eventually people will adhere to the correct lanes out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Seen it the other day going to Lesiureworld, I was heading towards the roundabout in the middle lane around 6pm, car in front tries to sneak into the Wilton lane on the roundabout only for the Garda to wave them on.

Eventually the roundabout will be no more thankfully! We will see a rise in people passing their driving test as a result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I have to commend the latest and insistent patrol of the middle lane approaching the Sarsfield roundabout west bound by the Gardai. It's great to see chancers be told in no uncertain terms to drive straight on and not to turn right towards Wilton.
    I saw one Gard going absolutely nuts with one dopey driver who was either too thick to understand the instructions or was trying to get him/herself taken into the station, after about 3 minutes of the Gard furiously waving his hand and shouting at the driver to continue on straight he/she finally did...it brightened up my evening commute:D

It pisses me off when the chancers do that and they dont give a rats behind about clogging up a lane they shouldnt be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

GavRedKing wrote: »

Shame its a bit late though , in another few months it wont be possible to do that anyway.
    Although im glad the gardai are there, as a cylcist that crosses that roundabout its safer with them there. The amount of red lights being run by people not paying attention is dangerous there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

and the van is back, well it was there yesterday at 17:00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

and the van is back, well it was there yesterday at 17:00.

yeah I passed it at about midday yesterday behind a couple of other cars, I think I might have been doing about 70, I've that sinking feeling :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yeah I passed it at about midday yesterday behind a couple of other cars, I think I might have been doing about 70, I've that sinking feeling :'(

I had a long hard look at the back windows and I could not make out any cameras or sensor of any sort. The windows didn't look like blackouts either so who knows, could have been a decoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I had a long hard look at the back windows and I could not make out any cameras or sensor of any sort. The windows didn't look like blackouts either so who knows, could have been a decoy :)

that would be great if its the case! I do loads of driving for work and I'm pretty careful about speed so I'd be gutted to get points for something so stupid.. We'll find out in a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

I passed by there yesterday at about half 4 and didn't see it.....not sure if that is a good or bad thing! Anyone know when the work will be finished at the roundabout as there doesn't seem to be a lot happening there at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Resurfacing works going on over the weekend at night, the bridges for the flyover are being put in place next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Some time in July they estimate the flyover will open in the latest update with all works supposed to be completed by q3 this year. All depends on the weather though I guess.
    There is a thread over in the roads forum about it including the latest update.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭familystand

The laws were changed in the last few years so any local authority can impose a temporary change in speed limits, the 60kph limit for roadworks that are ongoing in that area were published in all media, tv radio, newspapers, twitter / facebook

The signs were put up and there is adequate notice of a reduced speed limit, forget what the barrack room lawyers say in here , If you were exceeding the 60kph you were speeding in that area and will be fined / get points on your licence

The days when a solicitor could question whether there was a change in the byelaws are long gone , that loophole is well over.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭familystand

How can the roundabout be blamed for a person not passing there test ?

Advertisement