Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 John Treacy Dungarvan 10 mile January 27th

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Overall a good race.

Liked:
    General organisation & marshalling
    Route
    T-shirt (good quality, even though I didn't get the flashy yellow one - navy for me and a few others)
    Food afterwards

Didn't like:
    Congestion between mile 2 & 3
    Couldn't find the 70 min pacers at the start
    75 min pacers were running in front of me (at 72 min pace), with a big group, for first few miles, so I got slowed down and had to try a few scary overtaking manoeuvres to keep on schedule.
    The bloody wind (though it wasn't too bad in fairness when running in groups or on the country lanes)
    That hail shower around mile 7 or 8

• Registered Users Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭Trampas

Great race. New pb of 75.03.

8-9 I found hard.

Only down point was pacer. I was with 75 min and seemed a bit up and down with their pace.

The 70 pacers ended up losing their balloons during the run via burst and blew away

I wanted a yellow tshirt also

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Does anyone know if there are photos for this event posted anywhere on the internets?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The Rook wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are photos for this event posted anywhere on the internets?!
    A good selection of photos here. Keep an eye on John's blog here: http://munsterrunning.blogspot.ie/ for updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭CorkRunning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭opus

Very well organised run again this year, amazing that they pumped the water off the course on Sat.

I paid way too much attention to the talk of the strong wind in the dressing room beforehand and decided to stick with the 65 min pacers rather than doing my own thing, it took 'til around 7 miles before I finally copped it wasn't that bad so I hopped off the bus at that stage & finished around a min in front of them.

Some spread of food afterwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

I see a few people got different shirts that would have rathered the green one.What are they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 anthony.whelan

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Was looking for them at the start but could see no sign of them. No matter anyway cos I couldn't have stayed with them.

Apologies for this . I was one of the 70 min pacers. Unfortunately My colleagues balloon punctured after 2 miles and I lost mine after 3-4 miles. The wind was keeping the balloons from flying over us and my one spent most of the time wrapped around my neck ha. We got a bit separated for first mile but after the first mile we were no more than 15 seconds off the pace so hopefully managed to pick up most of those looking for us. Hopefully you enjoyed the race and best of luck getting your sub 70 in the next 10 miler! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Apologies for this . I was one of the 70 min pacers. Unfortunately My colleagues balloon punctured after 2 miles and I lost mine after 3-4 miles. The wind was keeping the balloons from flying over us and my one spent most of the time wrapped around my neck ha. We got a bit separated for first mile but after the first mile we were no more than 15 seconds off the pace so hopefully managed to pick up most of those looking for us. Hopefully you enjoyed the race and best of luck getting your sub 70 in the next 10 miler! :)

Anthony, ye did a great job, got me home for a PB! Thanks for the encouragement over the last mile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

my favourite race of the year every year...one not be missed as more and more people are finding out every year.

I ran with the 60 min pacers up to 8m and pushed on a bit then...they were spot on.....5:57ish for most miles and a couple of seconds over on the tougher windy miles to balance it out,there was a huge group running together....could not fault them one bit....i think they (organisers) got 73 under 60 minutes...with about 20 of those 59:xx...its the race to set a good time in as you have a good fair course and guaranteed to have bodies around you to keep you going...no lone running unless your way up the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Tipp man running

Fantastic race as usual, great strength in dept, very fair course and well organised.....at the top my list with the Charleville half marathon and one or two others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

I see a few people got different shirts that would have rathered the green one.What are they like?

I got the navy one, not the green one. It's nice, has a bit of white down the sides of it, and white logo etc.

Great race again, first couple of miles were a bit congested, but after that, it spread out. Generous goody bag, with quality tech top, and all for €20. Brilliant value

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Bit late I know but one of the best and well organised races I have run. Well done to all involved. Pity I was blowing out of my backside from start to finish:(

Hope to go back there next year when fit and give this a good lash. Great course;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Pronator wrote: »
    Bit late I know but one of the best and well organised races I have run. Well done to all involved. Pity I was blowing out of my backside from start to finish:(

Hope to go back there next year when fit and give this a good lash. Great course;)

Ditto. Raheny is a great race but Im gonna give this a bash next year instead.

Advertisement