Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 John Treacy Dungarvan 10 mile January 27th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Andalucia wrote: »
    27273_520402437992072_1678448923_n.jpg

Nice photoshopping - I hope! After a wicked (bad) night in Wexford it's looking like a good day for running - hope it's the same in Dungarvan.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

that was yesterday morning on the route, pumped away now. windy, cold but dry now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Down there now. Dry but windy. If rain holds off till after the start I will be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Just home - very well organised race and a lovely tee-shirt and goody bag. Great value for money race, will defo be back for this one. Well done West Waterford AC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Beef wrote: »
    Just home - very well organised race and a lovely tee-shirt and goody bag. Great value for money race, will defo be back for this one. Well done West Waterford AC.
    +1 Great race and fantastic spread after as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

Great race - best organisation and marshalling of any event, run, bike or tri that i have done.

Weather held off nicely - stayed with the 70min pace setters until mile 8 but fell away a bit . The pacing was perfect - volunteers were calling the times at each mile marker - consistently had a few seconds in hand at each marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

another brilliantly organised race today. Well done to West Waterford AC.
    The goody bag was great, those Nike tech tops are worth the entry fee alone.
    ...and the real genius was small bottles of water along the route, ideal.

Last year I said Ballycotton had some stiff competition when it comes to great races but I have to say, Dungarvan is the leader when it comes to 10 mile races.

The spread at the end was great too, despite the large numbers everything flowed and everyone was well catered for.

...pity my time is going the wrong way:(

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Headed home around 2.40 along the road of the 3 to 5 mile stretch & you'd never think approx 1750 runners had passed by the water stop,there wasn't a bottle to be seen anywhere & there was a crew collecting the road signage at that stage too.
    That's serious organisation & volunteerism.
    Well done WWAC on another superbly run event.

+1 Great race and fantastic spread after as well

Nice to meet you career_move with your boards ac t-shirt. If only there wasn't a headwind it could have been a better day but everything else was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Indeed a great runner's race. Very solid organization and fantastic job done by the volunteers, keeping wave after wave of sandwich and cake trays bulging for hours!

Anyone know if/where the results are available? Great to meet so many boards runners down there. Some superb results, particularly Ronnie, who ran a superb 57:xx. Could be the man to beat in London.

• Advertisement

Indeed a great runner's race. Very solid organization and fantastic job done by the volunteers, keeping wave after wave of sandwich and cake trays bulging for hours!

Anyone know if/where the results are available? Great to meet so many boards runners down there. Some superb results, particularly Ronnie, who ran a superb 57:xx. Could be the man to beat in London.

They are going to be in the independent in the morning. They may have to wait after that. Personally it nice to see the results in the paper for a lot of people so they probably have to wait till after tomorrow I presume to put up the full results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Another great West Waterford event, great value for money and getting your time by text was good idea.

boodiebhoy wrote: »
    Another great West Waterford event, great value for money and getting your time by text was good idea.
    I got no txt. Did you have to pay extra for that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

http://munsterrunning.blogspot.ie/

Results as they become available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Loved this race, had a great day and while I was hoping for a sub 80 minutes I was very happy with 81:10 due to wind and ..... and .... and ... any other factors which may have been against me which I can't think of ....!!!

Seriously though, if there's a better brac than the homemade one that they give out at the Race HQ after this race I've yet to see it.... fantastic stuff. Cracking t-shirt too.

I really enjoyed my daytrip to Dungarvan so many many thanks to all in WWAC!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deargabu

i'm new to running , 1st race last year - this is the best organised, best goodie bag out of the muster series - (dungarvan, ballycotton, mallow) and the 1/2 marathons i've done in Wexford & Clonmel - and even the Dublin city marathon.

Some of the older "pedigree" races need to loosen up a bit, and take a leaf out of Dungarvan's book - cups of water vs bottles and a Nike dry fit T-Shirt for everyone vs a mug!!! pure class - thanks organisers and volunteers for a great day again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Great course and organisation and I'll add my congrats to the club and volunteers for a job well done. Lovely sandwiches, cakes and tea after. Pity the hot water ran out - an icy cold shower was a bit of a shock to the system!:eek:

Nice to meet you there Career_Move. You picked the right loo queue, by the way. I just about made it to the start in time :p

http://munsterrunning.blogspot.ie/
    Results as they become available here.

Is the team competition only for Munster clubs? Sli Cualann had a 57 minute finisher(#395), another 57 minute finisher (#1327) and a 58 minute finisher (#1223), so should have been in third place instead of St Finbarrs A.C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Emer911 wrote: »
    Great course and organisation and I'll add my congrats to the club and volunteers for a job well done. Lovely sandwiches, cakes and tea after. Pity the hot water ran out - an icy cold shower was a bit of a shock to the system!:eek:

Nice to meet you there Career_Move. You picked the right loo queue, by the way. I just about made it to the start in time :p
    Haha I had to abandon it Emer and use the portaloo at the start ;)

Is the team competition only for Munster clubs? Sli Cualann had a 57 minute finisher(#395), another 57 minute finisher (#1327) and a 58 minute finisher (#1223), so should have been in third place instead of St Finbarrs A.C.

I think you can only qualify for 1 prize as 2nd Lady was not in the our Ladies team. Up the barrs :P

but then again Lizzy Lee is in the team... There is something strange there. There is two other club guys that would be in the first barrs team also unless something major went wrong. Will have to wait for the full results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

Have to agree with all comments on what has to be one of the best run races in Ireland, well done to all at WWAC?
    A PB for me today so came away happy and also met and had a few words with John Treacy who was one of my heroes growing up.
    Will be back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

wrote:
    . Pb looks like going blown away

As predicted the SW blowing in the Cork road worked a treat and I secured a PB ( first time getting in under the magical 70min barrier to boot).

Incidentally, only encountered the 70 min pacing team for a couple of miles between mile 6 and mile 8, so it was all my own doing too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

eliwallach wrote: »
    only encountered the 70 min pacing team for a couple of miles between mile 6 and mile 8, so it was all my own doing too!

Was looking for them at the start but could see no sign of them. No matter anyway cos I couldn't have stayed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Was looking for them at the start but could see no sign of them. No matter anyway cos I couldn't have stayed with them.

the 2 lads pacing the 70mins looked annoyingly comfortable at that pace :mad:.
    not a drop of sweat in sight.

according to the fitness/vo2 max test I did last weekend I was in anaerobic for most of my 71'ish minutes today.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Great race indeed very impressed with organisation.

Managed to get my sub 60 goal also on a windy day so happy out. Fast but honest course id say.

Sorted. One of the lads picked up an M40 prize so was ineligible for the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

rom wrote: »
    I got no txt. Did you have to pay extra for that ?

No, thought everyone was getting them

• Registered Users Posts: 32 deisefan

boodiebhoy wrote: »

No, thought everyone was getting them

Only people whom gave there phone numbers when registering received a text, around 850 out of 1800 entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

The Rook wrote: »
    Seriously though, if there's a better brac than the homemade one that they give out at the Race HQ after this race I've yet to see it.... fantastic stuff. Cracking t-shirt too.

bang on!
    Unreal brac wasn't it? And not a broom nor pumpkin in sight:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭student2010

Super race again, well done to all at WWAC!

P.B. by 2 mins.

Still my favourite race, purely because of how it is so well organised.

Looking forward to 2014 already.

Advertisement