Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 John Treacy Dungarvan 10 mile January 27th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

It is better that they start slow than too fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Ceepo

opus wrote: »

Thanks for the reminder, put the form in the post this morning. Let's hope there won't be any diesel spills this year!

I was speaking to one on the organiser's yesterday, approx 350 places left and they think they will be gone next by weekend.
    Just a heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

latest news is only 150 enteries left

100 places left now. It might go before Ballycotton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭jfh

seems to be full, cant access it on active global site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Entries closed for this one - Posted on their FB page below:

"John treacy dungarvan 10 is full now for online entries .we are just taking the postals that arrive in the post today on a first come system .all others will be returned.please don't post anymore entries. the elite entries will remain open as advertised"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Wow lucky me then
    Only entered yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭scout33

The John Treacy Dungarvan 10 mile road race is now full! the limit of 1,750 Has been reached

The race now will only be accepting elite entries. Men must have run sub 55 minutes and women sub 60 minutes in the 3 years prior to the race date. The Dungarvan 10 mile road race takes place on Sunday, the 27th of January at 1pm.

Just wondering if those of you who entered via post & cheque - has your cheque been cashed? I sent off mine on 27/11, but it hasn't yet gone through my account. I thought it would have by now. Hope it didn't get lost in the post, I'd be v disappointed not to get to run this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭trats

RubyK wrote: »
    Just wondering if those of you who entered via post & cheque - has your cheque been cashed? I sent off mine on 27/11, but it hasn't yet gone through my account. I thought it would have by now. Hope it didn't get lost in the post, I'd be v disappointed not to get to run this one.

I got a text confirming my entry,did you get one? I would get in touch as soon as possible but not sure if you'll get in.

• Advertisement

trats wrote: »
    I got a text confirming my entry,did you get one? I would get in touch as soon as possible but not sure if you'll get in.

No I didn't get any text. Now I'm worried :o Think I'll drop them a quick email. Thanks trats.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭trats

RubyK wrote: »
    No I didn't get any text. Now I'm worried :o Think I'll drop them a quick email. Thanks trats.

Sent you PM with contact details.

Many thanks for that trats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭scout33

The entries that were unsuccessful for the 2013 john treacy dungarvan 10 have now all been returned.so if you haven't recieved your's back in the post you are in for the january 27th event.

Thanks Scout33, I got word that I'm in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

The race pack arrived today. Checking bus time tables, weather forecasts etc etc.

To follow pacers or not to follow pacers, that is the question...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭student2010

druss wrote: »
    The race pack arrived today. Checking bus time tables, weather forecasts etc etc.

Looking forward to it now, that was a quick year!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

druss wrote: »

I take it that there is pacers so? wasnt aware that this was the case. Was looking on the website but couldnt see any mention of them.
    It would certainly help the cause...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

EauRouge79 wrote: »
    I take it that there is pacers so? wasnt aware that this was the case. Was looking on the website but couldnt see any mention of them.
    It would certainly help the cause...

Yes. It was mentioned on the facebook page. Pacers for 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85 and 90 min marks. Two pacers for each time target and all rigged out in yellow bibs and balloons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

I'm in for this as well - didn't get any race pack just yet but hopefully tomorrow so.

Pacers sound good, hope its not too early in the season to aim for 60 so!

Course sounds good, little rolling and flat so a nice one for first 10 miler I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Best of luck all, it's a great race. Enjoy the spread after. Sorry i cant be there but maybe next year.

I hear the Esso truck has been out earlier today to "oil up" the route ;)

Best of luck all, it's a great race. Enjoy the spread after. Sorry i cant be there but maybe next year.

I hear the Esso truck has been out earlier today to "oil up" the route ;)

Thats low. tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭CorkRunning

For anyone who has never done this race before, there is a preview of the course now up here... http://munsterrunning.blogspot.com/2013/01/preview-of-dungarvan-10-mile-road-race.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭Trampas

Weather looks bad for tomorrow. Pb looks like going blown away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Trampas wrote: »

No doubt about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Trampas wrote: »

Well, you can look at it that way, or you can take the view that the strong SW will be on our backs for that difficult last 1.7 miles. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭Trampas

eliwallach wrote: »

Well, you can look at it that way, or you can take the view that the strong SW will be on our backs for that difficult last 1.7 miles. :)

And sit on the shoulder of a pacer for the 1st 8.3 miles.

They'll have their work cut for them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Best of luck to everyone doing this tomorrow. I have been training for this since November and was hoping for a massive PB. However I've picked up another injury and despite the best efforts of my physio I wont be running tomorrow. Such a shame I've wasted an entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Solobally8 wrote: »
    . Such a shame I've wasted an entry.

Not quite.
    I think, like Ballycotton, they allow for a certain amount of ( and please excuse this term) natural wastage. So their upper numer of 1750 will allow for , probably, 1600 starters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

27273_520402437992072_1678448923_n.jpg

Advertisement