Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula E

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

CEknY-2UEAA8hqU.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 15,595 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I thought the track was very short. I think they could make it a bit longer and have a few less laps. The race was good do. The crash at the beginning was cleared very quickly. Would have took longer if it was an F1 crash. Lucky no one was hurt. They will have to look into doing something different there next year even if it means moving the start back a bit to give the cars space to spread out. It is a very narrow track.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

AMKC wrote: »
    I thought the track was very short. I think they could make it a bit longer and have a few less laps. The race was good do. The crash at the beginning was cleared very quickly. Would have took longer if it was an F1 crash. Lucky no one was hurt. They will have to look into doing something different there next year even if it means moving the start back a bit to give the cars space to spread out. It is a very narrow track.

Wonder were they were restricted to keeping the race in the harbour area so as not to shut down the rest of Monaco or maybe wouldn't have the resources to cover the full circuit or something. I see it won't be back to Monaco next year because it was taking the place of the Historic GP which happen every second year.

The race was good do. The crash at the beginning was cleared very quickly. Would have took longer if it was an F1 crash.

Because they could pull the cars up the hill after Sainte Devote first, then take them off the track.

• Advertisement

Gonna guess they basically used the bit of the GP circuit that's already ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Gonna guess they basically used the bit of the GP circuit that's already ready.

The full circuit is used for the historic race which takes place this time of the year every 2nd year so I would guess the full circuit could have been used .

On the way into Monaco there is a storage area where the equipment is kept all year round.

I would guess,like Long Beach,that there would have been very few laps if the full circuit had been used.

Attendance seemed ok - tickets were free for the event and there was a lot of publicity over the last few weeks.

Ms

Wonder were they were restricted to keeping the race in the harbour area so as not to shut down the rest of Monaco or maybe wouldn't have the resources to cover the full circuit or something. I see it won't be back to Monaco next year because it was taking the place of the Historic GP which happen every second year.

Its because the cars are electric and there range is not great yet. They would not have done a lot of laps and it would have been a very short race if they tried to race the whole circuit. Maybe in a few years when the battery,s are better they might get to race the whole track.

So will it be a biannual race at Monoco for Formula e then.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Formula E is back again this weekend. Its in Berlin this time. Qualifying from 11am on ITV4 and the race from 1pm I think.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Race is at 3pm Irish Summer Time. Coverage starts at 2pm on ITV4. Qualy is also TV.

Below times are local to Berlin.

STARTS ENDS ACTIVITY
    7:00 18:00 Gates open/close
    8:15 9:00 NON-QUALIFYING PRACTICE 1
    9:30 9:50 FE School Series - Practice/Qualifying
    10:30 11:00 NON-QUALIFYING PRACTICE 2
    12:00 12:10 QUALIFYING SESSION GROUP 1
    12:15 12:25 QUALIFYING SESSION GROUP 2
    12:30 12:40 QUALIFYING SESSION GROUP 3
    12:45 12:55 QUALIFYING SESSION GROUP 4
    14:40 15:00 FE School Series - Race
    15:23 15:33 Pitlane open/close
    15:50 FanBoost implementation
    16:00 17:00 RACE

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Must say when I seen the track and the fact it was at an old airport I did not think it that it would make for a good race. But the race was actually quite good and much better than I tought it would be. No major incidents either but plenty of good skill and passes too and a deserved winner. Have to feel sorry for Trulli do he just does not have any luck in the races. Nelson Piquet done very good too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Di Grassi has been disqualified for modified front wing fairings.

This race is on at 2pm today!!!!

First time watching a race. Seems like a bit of craic but they misjudged the length of the race this time, no real danger on power usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

That little bit of argy-bargy at the end will probably be quite a steward kerfuffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I have to admit this race was a bit boring. The track was just too narrow for passing.

The hairpin didn't lend itself to a good overtake down the inside as it was too tight a turn.

Ms

Missed this race only seen the last 10 or so laps. Thought it seemed like a decent track compared to the made up one in Germany. Will watch the replay at 10.10am today. Last few laps were exciting anyways. I can,t say I have found a single boring Formula-e race yet . Ok maybe they might not have any classic races like F1 have but that will take a few years maybe a decade or two maybe before that happens but the racing in it so far has been good.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Missed this race only seen the last 10 or so laps. Thought it seemed like a decent track compared to the made up one in Germany. Will watch the replay at 10.10am today. Last few laps were exciting anyways. I can,t say I have found a single boring Formula-e race yet . Ok maybe they might not have any classic races like F1 have but that will take a few years maybe a decade or two maybe before that happens but the racing in it so far has been good.

I much preferred Berlin to Moscow. Open track let the cars move, so they weren't like Trulli today.

Ms

First time watching a race. Seems like a bit of craic but they misjudged the length of the race this time, no real danger on power usage.

After watching the full race now I agree the track could have been longer. Maybe they might modify it a bit next year and make it longer too.Not sure how they will do if they do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

_rebelkid wrote: »
    I much preferred Berlin to Moscow. Open track let the cars move, so they weren't like Trulli today.

Good point. And it did wear there tire,s a bit more as well putting marbles on the track a bit like F1. Just with it being in on airfield will they be able to make the track the exact same again come next year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Looked like Trulli skipped the chicane a few times and held on to the position, all seemed a bit too relaxed, didn't seem fair
    Bit silly of Buemis team to lose 10sec in pits due to misunderstanding minimum pit time

Looked like Trulli skipped the chicane a few times and held on to the position, all seemed a bit too relaxed, didn't seem fair
    Bit silly of Buemis team to lose 10sec in pits due to misunderstanding minimum pit time

I can't understand how they messed that up.

I'm surprised Trulli wasn't given a penalty.

Ms

Two Formula e races on this weekend. Races start at 3pm both days. Saturdays is on ITV4 and the Qualifying is also on at 11am. Sundays races and Qualifying are the same times as Saturdays but are on ITV.
    The races are in Londan at Battersea park.
    History will be made when one of 3 former F1 racers becomes the first Formula e winner.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Good to know

Course looks very tight and pretty bumpy. Wont be very forgiving

Might make for good race with lots of incidents or maybe frustrating one

Ms

Looks very bumpy indeed. Hopefully it will be a good race. Are they racing in the same direction tomorrow or are they racing around the track the opposite way? That would make it very interesting.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its incredibly tight and bumpy, like boreen racing!

Nice lap following Chandhok till he stuck it in the wall :)

I think first lap of the race will have somebody in the wall with it being so narrow
    Plenty of speed on straights though

• Advertisement
    Ms

Ye there does not seem too be many places for cars to pass easy. Do think there will be a crash or two in it alright.
    Well done to Sebastien Buemi getting pole.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement