Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Waste €10 credit with €49 top up payment Dublin City

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

called again this morning, spoke to a more helpful girl and had a callback by lunch time offering me the 175e for the year option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

sweetie wrote: »
    called again this morning, spoke to a more helpful girl and had a callback by lunch time offering me the 175e for the year option.

what was her name.
    im going to call them again. were you getting offered the 29 pm option?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

That's great.

just been onto greyhound and got a really unpleasant girl.

she wont give us the option of an annual plan, wont revise the silly monthly plan of 29€ for 2 bins and wont refund the 90€ on our account as per their terms and conditions which say they wont refund them within 24 months of the contract.

She tried to justify their charges against oxygen as being cheaper and by her figures I'd be paying €310 per year on their pay per lift as opposed to oxygens €220.

She also tried to tell me sweetie was lying!!!
    Incredible.

Well they maybe getting increased calls about this and so the first few got it but the rest wont?? Switch!

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Well they maybe getting increased calls about this and so the first few got it but the rest wont?? Switch!

I cant.

I've 90 euro on my account which I got before they sent the letters out.

it was their 10e free offer when you topup by 49.

I'll use up the credit over the next few months and then go for the monthly option of 29 pm in january until the credit is used up...and then 'll switch.

I just wish I could name the person I spoke to but dont want to get banned by the mods :D

I can't remember the girls name to be honest. Btw is the free 10e credit for e49 top up offer over now?

I can't remember the girls name to be honest. Btw is the free 10e credit for e49 top up offer over now?

they are now offering 20e free this month and 10 in nov.
    but at this stage i'll be using my credit and moving from them.

trying to tell me the pay per lift option was cheaper than oxygens annual plan was the last straw especially when it was 90 dearer:confused:
    muppets:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

When do these new price plans kick in. I haven't recieved any letter and there's nothing on the greyhound website. I assume I'm still on the original 6 euro per lift plan?

When do these new price plans kick in. I haven't recieved any letter and there's nothing on the greyhound website. I assume I'm still on the original 6 euro per lift plan?
    January 1

Oxygen are doing a yearly rate of 220 or 60 per quarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Hi Guys. A fellow boardsie recommended I link my boards poll on this thread. Take a minute to see the poll and you might be surprised by the content of the Plan you are on.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056805298

so in the end I decided 175 was too much and due to where I cant get citybin and their 99e deal. I then found out im eligible for the bag & tag drop and will try that. It's 3e per bag and wont be usinga brown bin and not sure about recycling bin but ill just sort my stuff and drop to local centre 5 mins away once a month. Even at 3 bags a month which is unlikely (potty training in a few months) it would be cheaper than the 175 or any of the other options.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

got a leaflet in the door this morning for The City Bin Company.

All 3 bins collected for 99 euro for 1 full year.

No weight limit either.

Offer open to the 1st 5000 people to sign up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I got the same leaflet today telling me that even if I have credit with my current provider, it's cheaper for me to switch to Citybin.

Which is an utter lie.

Put me off ever using them in future.

MOH wrote: »
    I got the same leaflet today telling me that even if I have credit with my current provider, it's cheaper for me to switch to Citybin.

Which is an utter lie.

Put me off ever using them in future.

well it depends on the credit level but for most it probably is cheaper to switch and now the NCA have forced Greyhound to repay credit and leaving fines it is cheaper to switch for most

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

cookie1977 wrote: »
    well it depends on the credit level but for most it probably is cheaper to switch and now the NCA have forced Greyhound to repay credit and leaving fines it is cheaper to switch for most

So is it safe to cancel Greyhound today and get a full refund of the balance without any charges (minus maybe the bonus credit). My year contract is near up and would defo sign up with city bin if I know I'd get my whats fairly owed to me.

The details of the Greyhound decision is http://corporate.nca.ie/eng/Media_Zone/Press%20Releases/greyhound-undertaking.html but it seems a bit ambiguous.

Advertisement