Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Waste €10 credit with €49 top up payment Dublin City

Options
  • 26-09-2012 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Has to be exactly €49 (no more no less) I think it also applies for every €49 you make within the stated dates.Also it only comes up when you click on Dublin City on their website Greyhound.ie.See link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

kinda poxy, the minimum top up is 12e

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

kaimera wrote: »
    kinda poxy, the minimum top up is 12e

I think €20 euro credit on 2x€49 top-ups is very good as the €100 annual charge is coming up in January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Just to let you know folks, they are moving the goalposts.

Minimum top up of your bin account is now €20.

My terminal is updated already and every other one should be done now, or shortly.

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

This is what happens when you let a very dodgey company and an offshore company run a waste collection/management service.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/tag/greyhound/

People get ripped off and screwed over and waste is illegally stored and dumped.

DCC should be ashamed for giving the contract to Greyhound and also for allowing them to bid twice for the contract too.

I would shop around with other waste collection/management companies 1st,and see what deals they will offer you.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

topped up by exactly €49 today.

how do i know that i get the extra bonus €10?

My confo email says:

Payment: EUR: 49.00
    Account Balance: EUR: 59.00

but i think i started with a balance of EUR 10

• Advertisement

mtdelany wrote: »
    topped up by exactly €49 today.

how do i know that i get the extra bonus €10?

My confo email says:

Payment: EUR: 49.00
    Account Balance: EUR: 59.00

but i think i started with a balance of EUR 10

credit will be applied at the end of the week in which the payment was made

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

any alternatives to this shower in D5?

any alternatives to this shower in D5?

Oxigen,Thorntons,Panda and a few more too.

Theres also the local Dublin City Council Recycling Centres too,namely beside Coolock Garda Station and also at The North Strand.....10am to 4 pm each day (monday-Friday)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

ninty wrote: »
    credit will be applied at the end of the week in which the payment was made

Credit was applied. Thanks OP
    Customer Balance help_14.gif €69.00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Just to let you know folks, they are moving the goalposts.

Minimum top up of your bin account is now €20.

My terminal is updated already and every other one should be done now, or shortly.

:(

I think it depends on your location. Greyhound services in DCC (Dublin City Council) area still allow you to top up by what ever amount you want and charges are still by lift and not by weight. I wil be moving to Thorntons soon though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I got something in the post today, they've a few new pricing structures from next year, one of whom as a reduced annual charge of €60, but if you pay your annual charge in advance by November, it's reduced to €50. I wonder if this offer and the one in the OP can be combined? I'll check it out later (when the kids are in bed) and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Am fed up with this Greyhound crowd, have sent several emails to their customer care and via their 'webcontact' form and not even a reply to my enquiries.

Yearly charge is due shortly, but they have already taken it from my online account, thereby putting it into a negative value, meaning that my bins don't get collected because the credit I had available is now gone!!

Not renewing with them, so they should not have taken the annual charge and should have emptied my bins using the credit that I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I may be mistaken but I was sure Greyhound took over from January 16th so I don't understand how they are now specifying renewals from 1st January onwards any ideas

I'm going with option 3 (Annual Fixed) from greyhound. Last year it cost me 188euro (100 annual charge and 12 lifts of grey bin plus a couple of brown bin lifts). I was going to switch to Thorntons where I'd estimated it would cost 152 euro for the year but after I got the offers I'm going with the Annual fixed plan from greyhound. It's normally 175euro but if you pay before the end of November you'll get it for 160 for (no weight restrictions, particularly important as we've still one kid in nappies). On top of that I rang greyhound to check if I could top up by 49 euro to get the free 10 euro credit and they said I could and that I could then use that credit towards the 160 euro annual fixed plan.

Basically the plan should end up costing me about 140 euro with greyhound instead of 152 with Thorntons and a bid saving of 48 euro over last year (we really were ripped off last year). I'm in Dublin city council area.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Can you make multiple 49 euros payments on this offer?

epopnomis wrote: »
    Can you make multiple 49 euros payments on this offer?
    I was told by greyhound that I could make multiple 49 euro payments and each would give me 10 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I'm going with option 3 (Annual Fixed) from greyhound. Last year it cost me 188euro (100 annual charge and 12 lifts of grey bin plus a couple of brown bin lifts). I was going to switch to Thorntons where I'd estimated it would cost 152 euro for the year but after I got the offers I'm going with the Annual fixed plan from greyhound. It's normally 175euro but if you pay before the end of November you'll get it for 160 for (no weight restrictions, particularly important as we've still one kid in nappies). On top of that I rang greyhound to check if I could top up by 49 euro to get the free 10 euro credit and they said I could and that I could then use that credit towards the 160 euro annual fixed plan.

Basically the plan should end up costing me about 140 euro with greyhound instead of 152 with Thorntons and a bid saving of 48 euro over last year (we really were ripped off last year). I'm in Dublin city council area.

Were are these options on their site? I can't find them

Were are these options on their site? I can't find them

They seem to be only releasing it to select customers at present but they will launch for january. Ring and ask them about the 4 plans. I'll scan in the doc I have later and post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

I got the same letter. Here are the price plans.

I got the same letter. Here are the price plans.

That's the one but remember plan 1 comes with limits. After 25kgs you get charged 33cent per kilo on the grey bin and 24cent per kilo on the brown bin which could work out very expensive.

There are no such weight limits on the Annual fixed plan.

One thing I will say is that the letter I got for my area said the annual fixed plan was 175 and not 250. What area are you in lily?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

That's the one but remember plan 1 comes with limits. After 25kgs you get charged 33cent per kilo on the grey bin and 24cent per kilo on the brown bin which could work out very expensive.

One thing I will say is that the letter I got for my area said the annual fixed plan was 175 and not 250. What area are you in lily?

Was thinking there why you were mentioning that it was so low. So these cowboys are selecting which areas to run cheaper in.

msg11 wrote: »
    Was thinking there why you were mentioning that it was so low. So these cowboys are selecting which areas to run cheaper in.

seems that way.

223735.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

I'm in Dublin 8

Told you...nothing more than a bunch of cowboys and crooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Anyone in D5 get a flyer with prices on them?

To compare to the above.

I'm in Dublin 8
    Cookie- were are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I didn't get a chance to look at this properly last night, but I'm pretty sure my plan 2 cost was €19 per month, Plan 3 was €250. I didn't spot that there were weight limits for plan 1. I'm in Dublin 3.

I'd shudder to think what one of our bins would weigh (we only put it out when full).

Edit: This is looking less and less like a bargain alert. Perhaps the "bargain" was to soften us up.

kaimera wrote: »
    Anyone in D5 get a flyer with prices on them?

To compare to the above.

Maybe only for Dublin South? link

Cookie- were are you?

D6W but we're the Dublin City Council side.

• Advertisement

D6W but we're the Dublin City Council side.

Im in D7 .I'll try them in the morning

Advertisement