Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to concerts by yourself

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

going to bruce springsteen by myself, crapping myself :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

going to bruce springsteen by myself, crapping myself :/

Awh dont! I'll meet up with you if you want!

Im dragging my dad this time LOL not because I dont want to go by myself, but because the man doesnt get out enough

cant wait to book my tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kate08

The two gigs I went to this year were all on my lonesome - Watch The Throne and Lady Gaga. I find the worst part is when the concert finishes. Near missed the bus from wondering around trying to find it after Gaga, I went up on the train to get in line early so hadn't a clue where it parked.

Go for it :)

Kate08 wrote: »
    The two gigs I went to this year were all on my lonesome - Watch The Throne and Lady Gaga. I find the worst part is when the concert finishes. Near missed the bus from wondering around trying to find it after Gaga, I went up on the train to get in line early so hadn't a clue where it parked.

Go for it :)

l went to bressie by myself cause my friend had to pull out.. hated waiting before hand ...l was the only person on my own! kinda embarressed but im glad l went anyway...i just felt people were lookin at me like...oh shes no friends etc...pretended l was on the phone for half an hour :L:L

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

l went to bressie by myself cause my friend had to pull out.. hated waiting before hand ...l was the only person on my own! kinda embarressed but im glad l went anyway...i just felt people were lookin at me like...oh shes no friends etc...pretended l was on the phone for half an hour :L:L

They are kind of sad if that's what they arr thinking. Me, I'd be thinking, "Fair fecks to her"...
    I'll be heading off to Elton John and The Gaslight Anthem on my own. Should be good!

I think the more pressing matter was the fact that ye were all lining up to see Bressie! :pac:

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    They are kind of sad if that's what their thinking. Me, I'd be thinking, "Fair fecks to her"...

I think the more pressing matter was the fact that ye were all lining up to see Bressie! :pac:

ha thanks! and l was first in que...right in front of the sexy man for the whole gig :D:D

Where you sitting by any chance? anytime I've gone alone i've stood so it's hasn't seemed that bad, well for me anyway.

Kate08 wrote: »
    Where you sitting by any chance? anytime I've gone alone i've stood so it's hasn't seemed that bad, well for me anyway.

no l was standing, l just hate queing before hand...going to B Springsteen next summer, will have to que a dy or two before hand to get to the front :( il go mad :P

no l was standing, l just hate queing before hand...going to B Springsteen next summer, will have to que a dy or two before hand to get to the front :( il go mad :P

You never know I got a day ticket to Oxegen a few years back - I just wanted to see Queen Beyonce - and I was at the very front! :D you might get lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

couldnt get tickets to the Boss. so annoyed. no gigs or anything for a while :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

My favourite band (Matchbox 20) just announced their concert today for April in Vicar Street. I know nobody else that wants to go, so will be heading along on my lonesome. Is it best to get seated or standing when you are by yourself?

SarahBM wrote: »
    couldnt get tickets to the Boss. so annoyed. no gigs or anything for a while :(

aw no which ones were you trying to get?

cee_jay wrote: »
    My favourite band (Matchbox 20) just announced their concert today for April in Vicar Street. I know nobody else that wants to go, so will be heading along on my lonesome. Is it best to get seated or standing when you are by yourself?

l'd say standing, its easier to get chatting to a few people too..u can also move around if anyones annoying you. l remember l was sitting at one concert & the one beside me wouldnt stop singing the songs!! so annoying..u can also dance a bit when your standing :pac:

Advertisement