Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

Its a Game of Thrones reference. There was a story told in the last ep about a chap who used to smash beetles all day long and the guy telling the story made a noise to represent it - khuu khuu - the guy in the pic is supposed to be George RR Martin who wrote the books. So the cartoon speculates Georgie was talking about himself when he wrote that, which would be kinda cool, although not funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

ah right, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I thought it was funny.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90711256&postcount=511

Got 2 thanks in the short time that it was up, so am assuming at least 2 others thought it was funny too.

Bad taste maybe, but 'not even slightly funny' is stretching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,452 ✭✭✭✭Penn

eamonnq wrote: »
    I thought it was funny.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90711256&postcount=511

Got 2 thanks in the short time that it was up, so am assuming at least 2 others thought it was funny too.

Bad taste maybe, but 'not even slightly funny' is stretching it.

Humour is subjective. What's appropriate for the forum is less so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Penn wrote: »
    Humour is subjective. What's appropriate for the forum is less so.

I don't mind people thinking I am 'inappropriate' as long as they are not accusing me of being unfunny.

If it was 'inappropriate' then that is fine, but like you say humour is subjective.

If anyone was 'offended' on the subject's behalf well there is not much can be said about that.

Not sure if the subject spends much time on this forum either so doubt there was any risk of him being offended by my post (or motivated by the original either).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,452 ✭✭✭✭Penn

eamonnq wrote: »
    I don't mind people thinking I am 'inappropriate' as long as they are not accusing me of being unfunny.

If it was 'inappropriate' then that is fine, but like you say humour is subjective.

If anyone was 'offended' on the subject's behalf well there is not much can be said about that.

Not sure if the subject spends much time on this forum either so doubt there was any risk of him being offended by my post (or motivated by the original either).

In the context of the thread, your pic and comment was unfunny. That's not necessarily a comment on humour, but one of taste.

Either way, it's semantics. And your comment about the subject not being on the forum is just digging a hole for yourself. I'd suggest you just drop it now, and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,163 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

What was it?
    The suspense is killing me.

bradpittse7en-jpg.jpeg?w=510

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

dogsears wrote: »
    Its a Game of Thrones reference. There was a story told in the last ep about a chap who used to smash beetles all day long and the guy telling the story made a noise to represent it - khuu khuu - the guy in the pic is supposed to be George RR Martin who wrote the books. So the cartoon speculates Georgie was talking about himself when he wrote that, which would be kinda cool, although not funny.

I think it was said in the GoT forum that the speech wasn't in the books

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Duggy747 wrote: »
    15 seconds of why you should buy the product.

45 seconds of why you shouldn't buy the product.

At least on this side of the Atlantic, we have the good sense to ban advertising of prescription medicines. That way the 'disclaimer' part of ads over here is merely "Remember the value of your investments may fall as well as rise".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

But...I am an adult? :P:D

zz-funny-119.jpg

Seriously though, I actually have no idea! :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Also, is this not one of the worst photoshops in the world! :D :P :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Who's on First

It's on youtube, but I can't seem to link to it properly.

Eeden wrote: »
    Who's on First

It's on youtube, but I can't seem to link to it properly.

Ah yes! I know the one. I just never linked the two together, largely because I had no idea of the comedians performing it, which meant that the names meant nothing to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Wilberto wrote: »
    Ah yes! I know the one. I just never linked the two together, largely because I had no idea of the comedians performing it, which meant that the names meant nothing to me!!

Classic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The nostalgia brought a tear to my eye. Haven't seen Bill in a long time
    10309480_10152595961757150_7061592692256154999_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

When I click on YLYL, it brings me to the last post straight away.

When I click on Photo't That Shook the World, it takes half the day skipping around posts before it will settle. Anyone else have this problem?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭44thservice

7241_3682_500.jpeg

if this was to happen to me, my first thought would not be to take a photo!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    When I click on YLYL, it brings me to the last post straight away.

When I click on Photo't That Shook the World, it takes half the day skipping around posts before it will settle. Anyone else have this problem?

Probably due to the amount of posts that have to be deleted in PTSTW.

GBX wrote: »
    20 actual leaving cert english quotes.....

Bull****. Source please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Bull****. Source please?

I've come across the same list for years on the internet, and it definitely seems American to me.

Eeden wrote: »
    I've come across the same list for years on the internet, and it definitely seems American to me.

Well, apart from the Mayo reference!

But, really, the reason I said it was bull**** is that the Dept of Ed are not in the habit of releasing such details from LC exam papers after the fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Bull****. Source please?
    It's YLYL, not a college essay :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭red_0007

Anyone know what this is about?
    QvexrNv.png?1
    Resized to save the electrons

Is it that the print is like a waffle iron did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭Evade

red_0007 wrote: »
    Anyone know what this is about?

Is it that the print is like a waffle iron did it?
    Blue waffle, google it if you dare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Just to reiterate, its one of the most disgusting things you will ever see. Don't google it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Yeah, no, seriously don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭red_0007

Evade wrote: »
    Blue waffle, google it if you dare.

Thanks to all for the replies

Blue waffles = lame.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

No...Blue waffle is an internet thing - http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/bluewaffle.asp

Don't google image search it, at least with safesearch off.

• Advertisement

I want this gorgeous cat!

In fact I used to have a cat that was quite similar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement