Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I have a hard time believing the stalker picture. You'd have to call someone every 5 seconds every waking minute for a week to rack that up. Not to mention all the emails, texts, etc on top of that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

fr336 wrote: »
    Meanwhile at Glastonbury
    <snip>

Yeah, maybe Glastonbury 1990!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Why is it exactly that images with a black border get their own thread? What's so special about a black border? If I change it to blue, will it stay in YLYL?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Do you mean Demotivationals? It's the same as Rage Comics; there was a time when so many of them were being posted because they were so easy to make that they were essentially taking over the main YLYL thread and annoying people. So a separate thread was created for them.

If you post one with a blue border instead of black, it'll still be moved though. We're not racist.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I don't get it either. I mean, they're basically the exact same style of jokes as in YLYL but having a border means they go in to a separate thread?? Doesn't bother me really, just never really understood it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It's called "Border Control"....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

quickbeam wrote: »
    I don't get it either. I mean, they're basically the exact same style of jokes as in YLYL but having a border means they go in to a separate thread?? Doesn't bother me really, just never really understood it.

They have a pretty specific format with the caption & sub title. And often ruining what would be a funny picture on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

Eoin wrote: »
    They have a pretty specific format with the caption & sub title. And often ruining what would be a funny picture on its own.

They're too far removed from the originals that they're not demotivational anymore. I remember the originals http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/774278/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

KAGY wrote: »
    They're too far removed from the originals that they're not demotivational anymore. I remember the originals http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/774278/

The original demotivationals were good. A captioned pic with black borders does not a demotivational make. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

The original demotivationals were good. A captioned pic with black borders does not a demotivational make. :confused:

I actually used to report them for a while because other than having a black border, they mostly weren't demotivationals at all. It seems like it's just a thread to suck up the humourless nonsense of one particular poster so in a way I'm glad I don't have to look at it in YLYL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hello!

Just a suggestion for YLYL.

Every time someone quotes a pic, chats or posts a gif/video/something else that shouldn't be in the thread, there is a slew of people tripping over themselves to post "thats a paddlin" pictures and what not.

This imo is as retarded as "blast it with piss", "yore ma" or some of the other hilarious things banned from After Hours over the years.

I would like to see rubbish like this added to the auto card/auto ban list please.

Its annoying and is not funny as it has been posted, no exaggeration*, a billionty times.

Thanks.

*may be a slight exaggeration

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

That's a paddling should be snipped as a repost really :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

This imo is as retarded as "blast it with piss", "yore ma" or some of the other hilarious things banned from After Hours over the years.

I would like to see rubbish like this added to the auto card/auto ban list please.
    Jinks. I was coming here to post the exact same thing! I'm sooooo sick of seeing various forms of "That's a paddlin". It stopped being funny long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Gawwwwwd enough of the cat pics please.

Can we put a ban on Swarez pics... it's so old now ...

I agree with the back seat paddlin,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Hello!

I would just like to say that I love your username and avatar!! :D:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Armelodie wrote: »
    Gawwwwwd enough of the cat pics please

That's a lot of cat pics in a row... I posted the last one, didn't notice so many.
    Not mad about cat pics either, and when there's so many beside each other... ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It's ruined my evening :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Can we put a ban on Swarez pics... it's so old now ...

It was old pretty much the moment it started for those giants of brilliance among us :pac:

Allyall wrote: »
    That's a lot of cat pics in a row... I posted the last one, didn't notice so many.
    Not mad about cat pics either, and when there's so many beside each other... ugh.

It's canineist....speaking of which at least that 3-caption-alsatian-excuse-for-telling-a-joke-which-has-nothing-to-do-with-funny-pictures has run its course

Anyone ever look at the waterfordwhispersnews most of the viral pics are from YLYL or else folk poach the pictures from there and put them here. is there some palace you can find trending viral pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

It's canineist....speaking of which at least that 3-caption-alsatian-excuse-for-telling-a-joke-which-has-nothing-to-do-with-funny-pictures has run its course

Anyone ever look at the waterfordwhispersnews most of the viral pics are from YLYL or else folk poach the pictures from there and put them here. is there some palace you can find trending viral pics?
    Buckingham?

But seriously most of YLYL is here on tickld. http://www.tickld.com/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

ken wrote: »
    Buckingham?

But seriously most of YLYL is here on tickld. http://www.tickld.com/

Or Reddit

Or Reddit

Cheers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    "Has anyone ever seen a baby pigeon?"

Yes, I'm sure some people have. Ornithologists, perhaps, or bird-watchers. Maybe even the odd racing pigeon enthusiast. In fact, the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that many hundreds of thousands of people must have seen a baby pigeon since we climbed down from the trees.

So why, Boom_Bap, do you think a 'picture' that merely consists of that question deserves a place in YLYL?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So why, Boom_Bap, do you think a 'picture' that merely consists of that question deserves a place in YLYL?
    LOL. Don't let it get to you man.
    I just googled it anyway. Ugly little feckers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    LOL. Don't let it get to you man.
    I just googled it anyway. Ugly little feckers

Yeah, they are ugly as hell. And I thought humans had the ugliest babies :eek:

Yes, I'm sure some people have. Ornithologists, perhaps, or bird-watchers. Maybe even the odd racing pigeon enthusiast. In fact, the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that many hundreds of thousands of people must have seen a baby pigeon since we climbed down from the trees.

Actually, after reading that it occurred to me that I have never seen a baby pigeon. I have seen thousands of the adult feckers, especially in London, but never a baby. It made me think "where the feck are all the baby pigeons?" Off to google I went and it turns out they hide their babies pretty well and when they emerge from the nest they are pretty big.

I can see how the post won't have you in stitches but it did make me think. I enjoyed it :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You don't see too many baby birds of any type other than ducklings!. I can equally say I never saw a baby crow or sparrow

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    You don't see too many baby birds of any type other than ducklings!. I can equally say I never saw a baby crow or sparrow
    I never seen gangs of adult crows or sparrows hanging around the streets making a general nuisance of themselves in busy cities.

That is because crows are solitary. Ever seen a baby Seagull?

Does boards have an ornithology forum? If not it needs to be rectified. These are important issues.

Ah here it is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=406

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I never seen gangs of adult crows or sparrows hanging around the streets making a general nuisance of themselves in busy cities.
    So, pigeons are totally gangster?

pigeons_rap_album.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement