Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pakistani minister offers $100,000 for the death of the US film maker

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

biko wrote: »
    The sooner we level liberate Pakistan the better for everyone.

From who, exactly? The westernised urban elite? The westernised family dynasties who run the place? The tribesmen who are a source of a lot of the trouble (but don't run the place)? Ignorant illiterate rednecks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

No it isn't, plenty of great minds have had extremist views, I wouldn't constitute the director as a great mind or Dawkins as an extremist, neither should be put to death for their views. Examples of people who had extreme views include Newton and Robespierre(for his time). Would the world have been better off if both of them had been killed off? Killing people off for 'extreme views' sounds more like something Stalin would have endorsed. I don't think we should execute people for murder so definitely not for frigging thought crime. Criticise them but don't become barbaric....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

Nuke Mecca for starters.

Jellicoe wrote: »
    Nuke Mecca for starters.

And what would that do, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

Jellicoe, I'd get a tank and drive over to Arabia and riddle them duh-duh-duh-duh, then I'd fire the big gun at those tower things they have on the temples, Ka-boom! and they'd all be runnin' an' shoutin' "AAAArrggh! Kill ze infidel schwienhund" an' then I'd steal a submarine and excape and they wouldn't see me cause I'd be underwater and they'd be goin' "Allah, save us and..."
    Have to go now me Ma says me tea is ready but I enjoyed discussing world issues with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Piss and moan all ye like, its just Darwin, and survival of the fittest.
    Actually I'd top both the film maker and the Railways minister for the 100k, and I'd throw in Dawkins head for free. Its all extremists and their views that are the problem with this world.

The execution of people who you don't like to create your own personal Utopia has nothing to do with evolution or Darwin and thankfully survival of the fittest has never meant that a species must try and eliminate other members of it's species arbitrarily. Actually I can't think of many worse attributes a species could have with regards evolution and actually many suggest our empathy for one another (at least at tribal level) is part of our success at increasing our population. What you're proposing is actually a lot closer to say eugenics than evolution.

Nodin wrote: »
    And what would that do, exactly?

It fairly put manners on the Japs.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,210 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It fairly put manners on the Japs.

Do you really think the situations are similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Hardly surprising Pakistan they couldn't catch Bin Laden with Cabinet Ministers like this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gotta love how he is offering the almighty dollar as reward,doesn't matter what religion all bow down to money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Gotta love how he is offering the almighty dollar as reward,doesn't matter what religion all bow down to money.

Wonder where he got the 100k from. Where is Pakistan on the world corruption index?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Savage924

so, eh. anyone else thinking what i'm thinking?

Enlighten us:rolleyes:

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Wonder where he got the 100k from. Where is Pakistan on the world corruption index?

No doubt he's done a few Bertie style deals in his day.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

juan.kerr wrote: »

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-2-110983-I-am-a-Pakistani-and-I-want-to-commit-suicide!
    According to one study suicide rates have increased in Pakistan by a shocking 24 percent this year. An HRCP report stated that 392 cases of suicide were reported in the first three months of this year, out of which the number of females committing suicide was 112 and number of males committing suicide was 280.

According to HRCP the growing number of people taking their own lives amid sheer hopelessness might continue to increase. Raja Khan from Naushero Feroze (Sindh) who committed suicide near parliament has joined nearly 1,600 people who have taken their own lives this year out of desperation can. This figure is in addition to more than 800 people who have attempted suicide. Yet the most distressing aspect is the apathy shown by the government in response. This apathy is not only giving way to violent behavior in society but also making people increasingly keen to launch vociferous protests in the hope that someone would take note of their plight.

Pakistan is under the wave of many gigantic problems. Corruption, unemployment, poverty, loadshedding, terrorism and insecurity all contribute to this increasing trend. All that has become much worse over the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

Your restricted view of morality is not mine, morality is subjective.
    It's quite moral to top all these extremists in my morality.

I didn't ask about your morality, I was wondering if you could even see the contradiction.

You're answer was that by your morality it's okay to be a hypocrite.

Which indicates you do see the contradiction. You're just actively choosing to be a hypocrite.

Interesting.

Sycopat wrote: »
    I didn't ask about your morality, I was wondering if you could even see the contradiction.

You're answer was that by your morality it's okay to be a hypocrite.

Which indicates you do see the contradiction. You're just actively choosing to be a hypocrite.

Interesting.

Again there is no contradiction or hypocrisy in my version of morality.
    It's great when you’re free from the shackles and manipulation of group think.
    Darwin, survival of the fittest, that’s all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Which you quite clearly don't understand . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

survival of the fittest is a horrible concept to base your morals around- but this is bringing the thread Off Topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

wprathead wrote: »
    survival of the fittest is a horrible concept to base your morals around- but this is bringing the thread Off Topic

Especially when he/she clearly has misunderstood it.

Jellicoe, by your morality, others would be perfectly in their right to kill you for such extreme views. Would that be correct?

I am in no way advocating that anyone should, nor am I directly or indirectly threatening you. I'm only pointing out that your moral outlook in this instance places yourself firmly within your own parameters for termination.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I'd top him for 50k.
    Piss and moan all ye like [...] Actually I'd top both the film maker and the Railways minister for the 100k, and I'd throw in Dawkins head for free. Its all extremists and their views that are the problem with this world.
    Jellicoe, if anybody here thought that you're serious with these threats, your full details would turned over to the police prontissimo. As it is, they ring with an almost distressing hollowness.

Please use your week's holiday to familiarize yourself with the forum charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Piss and moan all ye like, its just Darwin, and survival of the fittest.
    Actually I'd top both the film maker and the Railways minister for the 100k, and I'd throw in Dawkins head for free. Its all extremists and their views that are the problem with this world.

Yeah, not people who will kill in reaction to offence or for money. They're not the problem at all. You're either a troll or a total moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Normally, a hit man likes to remain anonymous.The difficulty in these fatwa cases for the would-be assassin is that he would have to make himself publicly known, in order to claim the reward. Then he becomes a target for interpol, special counter fatwa agents, or extraordinary rendition. So, no deal.
    But the Pakistani minister still secures his own re-election without spending a single dollar of his own, or a single rupee belonging to the taxpayer. Even our own Minister for Health couldn't manage that trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Iran have increased their bounty on Salman Rushdie as well.
    Isnt it great when you have such a great religion.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-09-17/uk/33901565_1_anti-islam-film-salman-rushdie-ayatollah-hassan-sanei.

And it wont be long before the rest of the Arab world joins in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A Pakistani Cabinet minister has today offered a US$100,000 reward for the death of the
    Is the person in question a US citizen, and if so, his killing by Taliban will be state sponsored terrorism. I wonder what the US will do? Not so long ago they'd do nothing, as they needed Pakistan to transport stuff into Afghanistan for their military, now though, I'm not too sure.

'Rest of the Arab world'

That reminds me:

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/09/20129168313878423.html[/QUOTE]

Yes,and not to mention
    The latest controversy over an Islamophobic film would not have occurred if Salman Rushdie actually had been killed.;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/iran-blog/2012/sep/17/salman-rushdie-bounty-increased-film

So there is the solution to the problem:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Actually I'd top both the film maker and the Railways minister for the 100k, and I'd throw in Dawkins head for free.

Sure you would.:rolleyes:

And it wont be long before the rest of the Arab world joins in as well.

Iranians are not Arabs. Seeing as its 25 years ago since Iran offered the bounty originally, you might want to define "won't be long".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    Iranians are not Arabs. Seeing as its 25 years ago since Iran offered the bounty originally, you might want to define "won't be long".

No they are not Arabs,but i believe they share the same religion:rolleyes:

Advertisement