Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 6 Megathread - All iOS 6 discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Am I missing something with passpook it was there on the upgrade but when I open it I can do nothing with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Had a heart stopping moment when I clicked into contacts and had over 800. :O All my Facebook friends added to my contacts. My number available to them all. But I soon realised it's just FB profile links and email. And then clicked on the groups and hid them all. Crisis averted. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The only major update I've seen is the do not disturb thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

davehey79 wrote: »
    Am I missing something with passpook it was there on the upgrade but when I open it I can do nothing with it

Someone has to send you a pass - like a boarding pass or an invite to a movie etc. of course Apple could have explained that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

davehey79 wrote: »

Not sure but I think tickets etc get dropped into it when created via other apps/websites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

Someone has to send you a pass - like a boarding pass or an invite to a movie etc. of course Apple could have explained that.
    If you click the appstore link from passbook, it brings up a lufthansa app.
    that wasn't there until late this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

cloud493 wrote: »
    The only major update I've seen is the do not disturb thing.

Any ideas how to configure this? I can turn it on or off but can't do anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Just noticed a crescent moon symbol beside my clock in the upper bar

What does it actually do? The do not disturb I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

It's in settings somewhere - in the phone. It stops people calling past a certain time unless they ate in your list, or call twice - and you can turn that off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

First time all day i've clicked 'check for app updates' and it's said none available. I must of downloaded some amount of stuff today. Thanks God for UPC and my 500GB usage limit :D

They've changed the mail settings, now you pull the mail down to update, rather than tapping the icon, looks kinda cool. And the font's changed on the music screen/.

a lot of things have changed, new dialer, new ipod ui, post to twitter/facebook from the NC, new app store, safari can go full screen in landscape, icloud tabs on multiple devices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭decies

What's I cloud tabs and how do I get panoramic camera to work :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

decies wrote: »
    What's I cloud tabs and how do I get panoramic camera to work :-/

Open tabs will appear on multiple devices.

Click options on camera. Choose Panoramic. Then hold steady and slow down!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Painful process on an iPhone 4. Indicator initially states 6 minsto complete but it took 90.

looks as if icloud tabs was there before but i think it just syncs all your web browsing across all devices, i think panarama only works on the 4s and 5

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Need to download the podcast app as podcasts are no longer stored in music.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Really? What a ****ing pain >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭wush06

Can anyone post a few screen shots of maps just so we can have a look. Nowhere in particular
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭decies

No panorama on I phone 4 all right

cloud493 wrote: »
    Really? What a ****ing pain >.<

Yep. Went to update my podcasts and said podcasts have moved and clicking ok brings you to the app store. The app was released before and you could have the podcasts in both the app or music but once you download the app the podcast name vanishes from where it was before.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

wush06 wrote: »
    Can anyone post a few screen shots of maps just so we can have a look. Nowhere in particular
    Thanks
    Good overview here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Really nice change in Photos for emailing, texting, tweeting etc. all icons now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Is that app still rubbish? I got it when it first came out but found it awful so I went back to using rssradio.

naasrd wrote: »
    Really nice change in Photos for emailing, texting, tweeting etc. all icons now.

thats 1 of the things i really liked about android when i tried it about a year ago

Is that app still rubbish? I got it when it first came out but found it awful so I went back to using rssradio.

Doesn't seem bad to me but it seems apple haven't given us a choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I wouldn't mind trying iOS 6 but I need to wait for the jailbreak I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Liking imessages more now that we can text from our desktop using our phone number instead of our email. Like the maps too, especially considering the negative feedback it was getting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The reason Apple introduced the standalone Podcasts app is because they wanted to remove podcasts from the Music app. It doesn't make sense to have them in both places.

The app still has a lot of bugs and annoying behaviour, but a new update came out today that promises more stability improvements. I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Advertisement