Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE ONE new daytime show "Today" .. *sounds of trumpets*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

What's the obsession with pointless celebrity gossip? This is vacuous stuff. Thank God for The Chase on ITV. Back to Bradley Walsh for me.

I'm gone over to Pointless, although I also like The Chase. I wish they weren't on at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Talking over each over constantly.....

Claps like a seal......Ohhhhhhhhhhh..........Yes..........Forgets guests............

Oh, yes........This will end.

Badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

telekon wrote: »
    Its taken some more long caffeine fuelled brainstorming sessions for the RTE management team with responsiblity for naming programs, but once again they have pulled an absolute corker out of the bag...."Today".

This, from the same people that have brought you "The Saturday Night Show" and "The Afternoon Show".

Helloooo, creativity, where are you????

That's nepotism for you; me, mine and our decendents have jobs in broadcast media for life, sure creativity suffers and you get a generational more of the same bland fest, but the taxpayer covers it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

I couldn't face watching this today, but caught bits of it during the week. It is cringeworthy stuff, a complete & total waste of time & our taxpayers money. Claire O' Byrne carried Daithi in last years prog, he really is very poor. He relies completely on the autocue & when he veers off it his comments are juvenile at best. Maura seems besotted with him & sits beside him giggling like a teenager. The prog is full of promos & adds for competitions & how to contact them, very light on actual content.
    As for those poor 'panelists', they don't get a look in! David Coleman was on during the week, they asked him one question & that was it, move on to next promo. Same old faces popping up, Mary McEVoy??
    Yesterday, the link to Brian Dobson was broken, no sound, nobody noticed!
    Surely there is more talent in RTE than this show would suggest, we'd be better off with re runs or repeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Icsics wrote: »
    I couldn't face watching this today, but caught bits of it during the week. It is cringeworthy stuff, a complete & total waste of time & our taxpayers money. Claire O' Byrne carried Daithi in last years prog, he really is very poor. He relies completely on the autocue & when he veers off it his comments are juvenile at best. Maura seems besotted with him & sits beside him giggling like a teenager. The prog is full of promos & adds for competitions & how to contact them, very light on actual content.
    As for those poor 'panelists', they don't get a look in! David Coleman was on during the week, they asked him one question & that was it, move on to next promo. Same old faces popping up, Mary McEVoy??
    Yesterday, the link to Brian Dobson was broken, no sound, nobody noticed!
    Surely there is more talent in RTE than this show would suggest, we'd be better off with re runs or repeats.

Perfect summing up. 'Murder She Wrote' would be way better viewing. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hitchens wrote: »
    Perfect summing up. 'Murder She Wrote' would be way better viewing. ;)
    Yes. It would save on public money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

ghiertal wrote: »
    For the other four days of the week, Maura Derrane and Daithi O'Se are travelling up the country to present their shows. This is quite possibly the most stupid thing i've ever heard of in my life.

Isn't Daithi from Kerry? He maybe living in Dublin possibly now but if he is I am sure he has some culc... relations down there he could stay with during the week:p.I know Maura is living in Dungarvan west Waterford, as she is married to the Waterford TD John Deasy so she wont have to travel too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

jimmyw wrote: »
    Isn't Daithi from Kerry? He maybe living in Dublin possibly now but if he is I am sure he has some culc... relations down there he could stay with during the week:p.I know Maura is living in Dungarvan west Waterford, as she is married to the Waterford TD John Deasy so she wont have to travel too far.

Think Daithi is still living in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

He said the other day he was living in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

He said the other day he was living in Kerry.

He's living in Cloud Cuckoo Land if he thinks he's doing a good job on this show......The pair of them are stuck together like a giggling glue pot....:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

He's living in Cloud Cuckoo Land if he thinks he's doing a good job on this show......The pair of them are stuck together like a giggling glue pot....:(

Stopped watching any of it after last Friday when I realized that it was the same format as Mon-Thur with two new presenters. Can Daithi and Maura not cover Friday as well or are RTE trying to justify a salary for Blathnaid + 1 by throwing her in for the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sheepkins

Desperate is the only way to describe the second offering. Norah and what's her name will have to do better

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

Have to say Today is one of the worst programmes on at the moment. Why do they keep giving Daithi these shows - he's so poor and amateurish and I'm sick of looking at Maura Derrane. She's like an old granny. It's the same as last years programme with Clare Byrne which was a little better because of Ms Byrne who has a bit of class.

Hey all,

Has anyone got any information on this? Or where I could watch today's episode back?

(RTE rang me up today looking to see if they could use a photo of mine, so I just need to know if they did actually use it or not in the end). I can find the afternoon show, but nothing's coming up on Google for a 'today' show. :confused:

Anyone any idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭brian_t

Hey all,

Has anyone got any information on this? Or where I could watch today's episode back?

(RTE rang me up today looking to see if they could use a photo of mine, so I just need to know if they did actually use it or not in the end). I can find the afternoon show, but nothing's coming up on Google for a 'today' show. :confused:

Anyone any idea?

It's also repeated tomorrow morning at 9.40am

Not sure why that was so hard for me to find. Thanks a lot though, aphex! :)

Cheers Brian, I'll just let it play away in the background though on the PC while i do other stuff (not planning to pay attention to an hour of a show :P ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

No worries ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Yeah it was a bit surreal having Claire Byrne advertising her new show on Sundays,
    & i knew this would happen to people travelling to the show
    as Conor Pope was held up in the train heading to Cork from Dublin, they rang him later on the train! he was going to talk about Health Insurance afaik, no prizes for guessing what the topic will be next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭George White

Why is it nowbeing referred to as the Today Show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Skid wrote: »
    Yeah, Sheana seemed to come out worst from that battle. She hasn't been seen on RTE in a few years now. Shame, I think she is a better presenter than those who are appearing on the all new Afternoon Show.

I do miss Sheana wherever she went to. Mainly because I really used to fancy her.:)

The new afternoon/today show seems to be a bit if a mess overall. Based in Cork so some guests have missed spots due to transport issues and a lot of other guests only appear on the big screen presumably from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Lisa murphy is on
    I always think she is a very nice girl a genuine person but her face is unrecognisable
    I hope she does well now post Gerard

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

Lisha wrote: »
    Lisa murphy is on
    I always think she is a very nice girl a genuine person but her face is unrecognisable

I agree - if you see pictures of her from 10 years ago she looks completely different. She's ruined herself. She comes across nice but I don't like her put on "posh" accent. Bit affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Lisha wrote: »
    Lisa murphy is on

Is that the one with the melted face?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

Tuned into this show today.
    It is an embarrassment to Irish television and it's people. The talk had as much substance as a couple of students on a campus.
    It was rubbish and the conversation being had was hardly television worthy and was more suited to one of the D4's cocktail parties!
    Irish people pay a tv license! For what!? To watch crap like that?
    It's an absolute disgrace. The today show makes TV3 Midday seem good.

The problem with RTÉ is they're not short of clowns!
    Could do with a few natural people with a bit of cop on!

Pretentious asshóles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭George White

Hooray, it's coming back with Maura and Daithi all week, so none of those two wagons!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Hooray, it's coming back with Maura and Daithi all week, so none of those two wagons!

RTE will have to find a new show for their star Blaithnaid which is very worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Scaramanga 4

Back next Monday, The Norah Casey and Bláithnaid ni chofaigh Friday edition has been axed so more bog man this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I was shocked to read Daithi is only 37,he looks alot older .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Zardoz wrote: »
    I was shocked to read Daithi is only 37,he looks alot older .

Pfft. Are they still pushing that 'Daithi is 37' line?

Advertisement