Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE ONE new daytime show "Today" .. *sounds of trumpets*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/new-show-is-fun-but-its-no-loose-women-blathnaid-3229826.html

Why can't two presenters host the show five days a week? Sounds like a complete waste of money to do this. I presume that Blathnaid has a contract with RTE and that they are just trying to fit her in somewhere. Also, is there a need to rebrand what is essentially the same show every 2 or 3 years?

The RTE star said that she was also looking forward to working with co-host Norah Casey, publisher behind the titles Irish Tatler, Woman's Way and Food and Wine.
    "We don't agree on everything, but that is a good a thing as well, it makes for good TV."

That comment really cracked me up.What the hell is going on up in Montrose?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Welcome to 3 days ago. Threads merged. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Today, huh?

Obviously the folks at Montrose aren't too aware of certain long-running morning shows on NBC and on BBC Radio 4... :rolleyes: ;)

But, seriously. Do they really, really think that there is still a need for this sort of show?! :rolleyes:

And do they really, really think that it'll solve their financial problems?! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

telekon wrote: »
    Its taken some more long caffeine fuelled brainstorming sessions for the RTE management team with responsiblity for naming programs, but once again they have pulled an absolute corker out of the bag...."Today".

This, from the same people that have brought you "The Saturday Night Show" and "The Afternoon Show".

Helloooo, creativity, where are you????

In the past they have just used the same names for different programmes within months of each other.

In 2010, RTE2 had a music show presented by Dave Fanning called 'The Eleventh hour'

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/the_11th_hour.html

In February 2011 they used the same name for an pre-Election Vincent Browne style programme, also on RTE2

http://www.rte.ie/tv/eleventhhour/

So, as you said, originality of programme names has never been a priority with RTE. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭George White

Sounds awful! And is Daithi really 36? When was he a butcher then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Sounds awful! And is Daithi really 36? When was he a butcher then?

If Daithi is 36, then I'm a Chinaman.

They launched this programme today. To be read in your best Cork accent.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0928/today.html

RTÉ TV launches Cork daytime show
    Speaking at the show's launch in Cork's English Market, RTÉ Television's Managing Director, Glen Killane, said: "This is a good day for RTÉ Television and a good day for Cork. It's the first time we will be producing daytime television from Cork and this is a fantastic opportunity for us to showcase the huge range of talent we have here and across the entire country.

"RTÉ has always had a strong commitment to Cork and this announcement is a further show of our support for Cork and the regions and our confidence in the expertise and abilities of the production team in RTÉ Cork.

"There's a real track record of broadcasting excellence here - the Cork team have a huge range of experience gleaned here and in the UK and many programmes produced in Cork have been sold all around the world, so we know that programmes produced in Cork have set the standards in Lifestyle programming."

There is more in the article, but no further mentions of Cork, so who'd be interested in that, like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Is that really the show's logo on those coffee cups?

Fantastic. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Norah Casey again? She seems to be getting well established in the meedya now.

So its basicly the same s...e as was on before, without Claire Byrne.Whats the point of that?

Oh by the way Claire has her new/same show on Saturdays from one, since Charlie has retired.I think they should have kept the "doc on one "programmes going and give us a break from current affairs.I actually liked them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Mitch epitag

The ad for this show makes me want to throw the tv out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

If Daithi is 36, then I'm a Chinaman.

****Puts chopsticks in pockets*****

Heads to HA's gaff........:D;)

Skid wrote: »
    They launched this programme today. To be read in your best Cork accent.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0928/today.html

RTÉ TV launches Cork daytime show

There is more in the article, but no further mentions of Cork, so who'd be interested in that, like?

YA LANGER..............BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Has Sheana not been given a place on this show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

RTÉ One launch new daytime show

Amazed RTE are giving Blannidge another job, after the bullying fiasco with Sheana keane.. But I guess Norah Casey will be able to hold her own... How many jobs is she taking from media graduates at this stage..?
    Yep, pretty disgusting of RTE to let Blanith have a job, not a good message it sends out.

deelite wrote: »

I'd be surprised if Sheana and Blathnaid could stand being in the same county as each other, let alone the same studio ;)

deelite wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if Sheana and Blathnaid could stand being in the same county as each other, let alone the same studio ;)

Yeah, Sheana seemed to come out worst from that battle. She hasn't been seen on RTE in a few years now. Shame, I think she is a better presenter than those who are appearing on the all new Afternoon Show Four Live The Daily Show whatever it is called this year.

They should have let Blathnaid and Sheana settle their differences in a wrestling match (live on RTE1) - last woman standing to get the Afternoon schedule to themselves.

Loving the irony of a discussion about soup kitchens with the lead female presenter being the wife of a well-heeled Fine Gael TD :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

The ad for this show makes me want to throw the tv out the window.

Don't watch it then, trust me! So far they have discussed speed bumps and food kitchens. How many €160.00 does it cost to put on this guff? Surely some re-runs of Friends or Scrubs is cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pity RTE Live is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,251 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

mike65 wrote: »
    Pity RTE Live is dead.

I hear ya mike, was looking forward to seeing show no.1 and nothing's happening.

*slow handclap for RTE*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

jonski wrote: »
    So , where do I watch Claire Byrne now , and don't say outside her house as the barring order is still in effect .

She has upper arms like a Lough Erne pike! :eek:
    00066558-628.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

I hear ya mike, was looking forward to seeing show no.1 and nothing's happening.

*slow handclap for RTE*

You are missing nothing. Broke at 16.55 for news and back on now re-running the competition promo again. This show has less content and more repetition than Ireland AM.

The sound quality is shyte. It's like as if they're broadcasting from a warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Poor RTE, all they can think of is putting even more overpaid presenters, into a very tired format. They believe this will make more people watch mindless daytime magazine pap. I suggest to RTE; be more imaginative, take risks and start treating your audience as if they have a brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Why isn't the Live feed working ... it's working for RTE2.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,251 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Huge studio, yet they put Henry Healy in a passport photo booth! :D

Loose woman from TV3.........Same, same..........:(

Drivel......

mike65 wrote: »
    Pity RTE Live is dead.
    Callan57 wrote: »
    Why isn't the Live feed working ... it's working for RTE2.

Seriously lads, is there nothing on the Internet you would rather watch than the latest incarnation of Afternoon Yak?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Watched the show yesterday and it wasn't for me at all. I didn't like the cookery part not being "live". The presenters being behind the desk doesn't work for me.

• Advertisement

I've seen it all now. Neil Prendeville is a guest on today's show. :rolleyes:

They better make sure that his hands are above the table at all times...

Advertisement