Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE ONE new daytime show "Today" .. *sounds of trumpets*

Options
  • 14-09-2012 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

RTÉ One launch new daytime show
    The new hour-long show, Today, which starts on Monday November 5th on RTÉ One, will be fronted by the team of Dáithí O Sé, Maura Derrane, Norah Casey and Bláithnaid Ní Chofaigh.

Dáithí Ó Sé and Maura Derrane will anchor the show from Monday to Thursday with a lively mix of topical chat, fun and lifestyle items, while on Fridays Norah Casey and Bláithnaid Ní Chofaigh kick start the weekend with an all-female, feelgood show focusing on entertainment, beauty, fashion, movie reviews and celebrity gossip.

Amazed RTE are giving Blannidge another job, after the bullying fiasco with Sheana keane.. But I guess Norah Casey will be able to hold her own... How many jobs is she taking from media graduates at this stage..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

No offence to Cork but they would get far more guests if they based it in Dublin surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,148 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Daithi is just a joke yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Amazed RTE are giving Blannidge another job, after the bullying fiasco with Sheana keane.. But I guess Norah Casey will be able to hold her own... How many jobs is she taking from media graduates at this stage..?

Let's be fair Jon. It was alleged bullying and to the best of my knowledge, no action was brought against Blathnaid...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

And they want people to pay their tv licence for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

And they want people to pay their tv licence for this?

We already pay for Six in the city - cant get much worse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dáithí O Sé, Maura Derrane, Norah Casey and Bláithnaid Ní Chofaigh.

pokes ears and eyes out.

To be serious for a moment, RTE binned two daytime gabfests in the spring citing no money and yet they can afford this four pronged attack on our sensibilities from Cork....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Mr E wrote: »
    Let's be fair Jon. It was alleged bullying and to the best of my knowledge, no action was brought against Blathnaid...

Stop bullying me :mad:

tbh, I'm surprised that either of them would get a job again.. neither of them were mature or professional enough to sort the issue out between them..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Stop bullying me :mad:

tbh, I'm surprised that either of them would get a job again.. neither of them were mature or professional enough to sort the issue out between them..

Rte is still surprising you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Sooo this is basically last years effort with a new name, a four day week for the main presenters and made in Cork for some reason??

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Handy Shandy should present the show from Cork :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

wow this sounds amazing.

napoleon-dynamite1.jpg?w=600

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Its taken some more long caffeine fuelled brainstorming sessions for the RTE management team with responsiblity for naming programs, but once again they have pulled an absolute corker out of the bag...."Today".

This, from the same people that have brought you "The Saturday Night Show" and "The Afternoon Show".

Helloooo, creativity, where are you????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/rte-confirms-brand-new-afternoon-show-today-to-be-broadcast-live-from-cork-3229289.html
    before Blaithnaid and Norah will take over on Friday to host a lighter, all female show in preparation for the weekend
    *cringe* all female is lighter? cos daithi is heavy ?

*cringe* all female is lighter? cos daithi is heavy ?

I dont see what the problem is..

Monday - Thursday: Mighty Schtufff
    Friday: Light stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Amazed RTE are giving Blannidge another job

I concur.

One of her earliest programmes was presenting 'Echo Island' with a young Dara O'Briain.

I wonder who he might have been referring to here :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Blackbra32

How many more times are RTE going to rename their afternoon program ? In the last 7 years we have had, The afternoon show, Seoige and O'Shea, Seoige, 4live, The daily show and now "Today" all talking about the same tired topics day in day out with the same tired guests like tina leonard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Blackbra32

And how did Norah "Im a business Woman" casey become a tv and radio presenter all of a sudden ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Skid wrote: »
    I concur.

One of her earliest programmes was presenting 'Echo Island' with a young Dara O'Briain.

I wonder who he might have been referring to here :rolleyes:

I have never laughed so much Skid............LOLLOLOLOL.............

I would have no clue as to who DO'B was referring to?.....:D:D:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭George White

Norah Casey is NOT a TV personality, but a hard-nosed humourless middle-aged heavyset publishing exec fronting a lighter programme! Oh, RTE, you do make me laugh! And Daithi 'Oh, look at me, I'm a sexy leprechaun, and I'm 36 years of age, yeh right' O'Se once again being a sexy Gaeilgoer, and Maura Derrane, oh god RTE have some problems and Today reminds me of that newspaper in Britain! Thank god, I'll be leaving for England eventually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Norah Casey is NOT a TV personality, but a hard-nosed humourless middle-aged heavyset publishing exec fronting a lighter programme! Oh, RTE, you do make me laugh! And Daithi 'Oh, look at me, I'm a sexy leprechaun, and I'm 36 years of age, yeh right' O'Se once again being a sexy Gaeilgoer, and Maura Derrane, oh god RTE have some problems and Today reminds me of that newspaper in Britain! Thank god, I'll be leaving for England eventually!

You could choose not to watch it while here :)

• Advertisement

I know, but they'll still be in ads on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maura Derrane is needed on TV for Republic of Telly skits :p

Nora Casey looks like Niamh Kavanagh to me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Hiya

Is there an actual TV studio big enough to fit the whole show from RTE Cork? I know the location of the studio is in Father Matthews Street isn't it?

I understand that radio programmes are broadcast there from the likes of John Creedon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Daithi will present the LLS when Ryan retires ...betcha!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Norah Casey is NOT a TV personality, but a hard-nosed humourless middle-aged publishing exec fronting a lighter programme!
    they'll all be so busy playing dumb as tv presenters do.

Hitchens wrote: »
    Daithi will present the LLS when Ryan retires ...betcha!

;)
    Heh, does anyone honestly believe that Daithi is 36? He must be well into his forties. Did you see him on that It's an Irish Thing on Friday Night, he was definitelty not reminsicing about just 20 years ago?

And RTE must have a presenter shortage. Why else would they get Norah Casey? And yes, it's going to be the same show all over again, but on an even lower budget! Imagine trying to refer to it in conversations?
    'Did you see Today last night?'
    What do you mean?
    'Oh, that show with yer man Daithi'
    'Oh, you mean the Daily Show'
    'No, not the Jon Stewart, Today!'
    'What?'
    'Today, it's the show with Daithi and yer fine wan Maura'
    'Oh, yes, have they renamed it again!'
    'Yes'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

So , where do I watch Claire Byrne now , and don't say outside her house as the barring order is still in effect .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭iseegirls

telekon wrote: »
    Its taken some more long caffeine fuelled brainstorming sessions for the RTE management team with responsiblity for naming programs, but once again they have pulled an absolute corker out of the bag...."Today".

This, from the same people that have brought you "The Saturday Night Show" and "The Afternoon Show".

Helloooo, creativity, where are you????

Just like the same creative team on TV3 that brought us such great names as Midday, The Morning Show and Midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭jmcc

they'll all be so busy playing dumb as tv preenters do.
    The scary thing, when it comes to RTE, is that they may not be playing. :) Wonder when Sean Gallagher takes over that Proime Toime slot?

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

telekon wrote: »
    RTE management team with responsiblity for naming programs, but once again they have pulled an absolute corker out of the bag...."Today". This, from the same people that have brought you "The Saturday Night Show" and "The Afternoon Show".

Hey Telekon... you're gonna love this..

Claire Byrne for new current affairs show

"Radio 1's Claire Byrne has been confirmed as presenter of a new current-affairs programme on Saturday afternoons. Saturday with Claire Byrne begins on September 29."

:D:D

Advertisement