Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snappy comebacks

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I'd probably say something along the lines of, "Wow now that's interesting! Is that question considered acceptable in your culture? Where I'm from it'd be considered quite rude. Huh!" and then walk off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Faith wrote: »
    While the question is rude, I think some of the suggested responses here are worse. "Why do you want to know" is extremely rude and defensive. Personally, I'd just smile enigmatically and say "Enough" and leave it at that.
    I have to agree with this.

Some of the responses in this thread are over the top, rude and unnecessary.

Yes, the question your co-worker asked is rude, but there are replies in this thread which are far more rude IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Faith wrote: »
    While the question is rude, I think some of the suggested responses here are worse. "Why do you want to know" is extremely rude and defensive. Personally, I'd just smile enigmatically and say "Enough" and leave it at that.

it doesn't have to be rude, it depends on the tone of voice in which it's delivered. a quizzical look, while saying mildly and conversationally "why would you want to know that?" is neither rude nor dismissive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

A so called "friend" asked me if my diamonds where real diamonds, so I told her he got it out of a lucky dip bag! :rolleyes:

Advertisement