Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IM and standard of bike

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭ray o

Ceepo wrote: »
    Why

I've not seen the Mdot tattoo discussion on here yet. Please discuss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

ray o wrote: »
    I've not seen the Mdot tattoo discussion on here yet. Please discuss

Maybe here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Why

Ask yourself this would you get a tattoo of microsoft, mcdonalds or even haribo on your skin?
    No would be the answer to that.

But I wouldn't compare ordering a Happy meal or down loading the lastest thing from Microsoft to doing an Ironman.
    Not everyone eats at McDonald's.
    Not everyone gets a tattoo
    Not everyone does an ironman,
    and not everyone who does an ironman will get a tattoo.

Most who do, get it as a symbol of something the have achieved more than trying to be a symbol to corporate world

That's in my opinion

Each to there own

RedB wrote: »
    Maybe here?

I said here not there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭griffin100

No would be the answer to that.

But I wouldn't compare ordering a Happy meal or down loading the lastest thing from Microsoft to doing an Ironman.
    Not everyone eats at McDonald's.
    Not everyone gets a tattoo
    Not everyone does an ironman,
    and not everyone who does an ironman will get a tattoo.

Most who do, get it as a symbol of something the have achieved more than trying to be a symbol to corporate world

That's in my opinion

Each to there own

An mdot is a corporate logo, nothing more, you might as well get a Microsoft logo tattooed on your leg. I also suspect its not about commemorating your achievement, it's about saying to the world 'look at me, I did an ironman' - that's my opinion on it but each to their own ;)

• Advertisement

I said here not there

That's right :)

That's right :)

you've lost me....are you acting the pr1ck or am I missing something :)

you've lost me....are you acting the pr1ck or am I missing something :)

neither - just not that interested in a thread about tattoos here. Work away though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

griffin100 wrote: »
    An mdot is a corporate logo, nothing more, you might as well get a Microsoft logo tattooed on your leg. I also suspect its not about commemorating your achievement, it's about saying to the world 'look at me, I did an ironman' - that's my opinion on it but each to their own ;)

I think this is going to be a case of each to their own. If you want a tottoo that shows that you have achieved something that most people dream about (or hold on, maybe most sane people don't dream about 140.6) then get one.

Only those who know what the symbol of an MDot represents will understand it and recognise the achievement that it represents. Maybe you will have to explain the tattoo to some people if they ask. At the end of the day, everyone is individual, get the fecking tattoo if you want. Don't get it if you don't want it but don't knock those who do or don't get one.

As Ceepo said, I don't think you can compare buying a fecking big mac or Windows 7 to the adventure that is an Iron distance race but again everyone will have their own stance on the whole issue of getting a tattoo after completing the distance within the time.

Live and let live.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I decided not to get an mdot because:

I felt my IM time was too slow.
    After the event was such an anticlimax - a tat didn't seem important.
    An mdot is like wearing a target in every other race you ever do.
    Its like a form of showing off. :)

• Advertisement

neither - just not that interested in a thread about tattoos here. Work away though

Your right, it's off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Your right, it's off topic.

With my newly acquired mod hat on I'll have to agree with these two gentlemen. If you want to discuss the merits or otherwise of an M-dot tattoo please feel free to open a new thread on that topic. Otherwise, can we keep this one back on the original topic. Thanks.

Advertisement