Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please explain this picture to me

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 joncon45

Probably an image of Bishop (Len) Brennan on the skirting board!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Then clarify:

Have a look at post #104 pls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

I think some of ye need to let it off are ye suffering from "dyssemia" ???

Give him a break.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Northclare wrote: »
    I think some of ye need to let it off are ye suffering from "dyssemia" ???

Give him a break.

As opposed to dyslexia in your case.
    Grammar Nazi ahoy!;)

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

IT-Guy wrote: »
    Have a look at post #104 pls
    Post 104 is a series of false statements.
    Does it matter what service the photo was taken at?
    Obviously yes; if you are going to be making jokes about the service.
    Your repeating that it's for abuse victims changes nothing,
    That it was a service for sexual abuse victims is a matter of fact.
    there's no link between the OP and abuse
    :confused: Yes there is. The image is taken from a service FOR ABUSE VICTIMS.
    yet you've imagined one into existence, mental gymnastics at their finest
    No I have not. See above.

Now perhaps you could now point out what is "wrong" in this statement:
    viewpost.gif
    1. Yes, and it has now been established that the priests were lying down in a service that was organised for and by victims of child abuse.
    2. To seek out comedy from this service is wrong IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've drafted this post several times but ultimately I don't know what to say.

The way this thread has gone has just made me sad.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Northclare wrote: »
    Brown Bomber if I were you I'd ignore them,some are descent and others have as much empathy as a shoal of hungry piranhas who have just encountered an animal thrashing about in the Amazon.

Your entitled to your opinion so are they but I wouldn't bother with them....

I'll probably be red flagged for sticking up for ya.....

But it's only a forum,some react on an emotional level,others respond with a more laid back style and put principles before personalities....

I'll get it next lol
    Thanks for your advice and sticking yout kneck out. Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Dades wrote: »
    I've drafted this post several times but ultimately I don't know what to say.

The way this thread has gone has just made me sad.

It was going well until the child abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Seeing as misdirection and red herrings are the cut'n'jib of this thread now...
    Brown Bomber: do you think that for one second, your username does anything to dispel the stereotype of "Mental Suicidal Islamists" who want to "rape fourteen year olds and blow up anything they can get their lunatic grenades into" when most true followers of Islam consider it a peaceful religion. You're a disgrace to those of your religion who actually take it seriously. I hope you feel the shame you should feel. Dis.gusti.ng.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

To be clear: Mock the clergy all you want. I am not "trying to equate mocking the clergy of the RCC with mocking their victims". I am simply saying that IMO it is extremely bad taste to seek out comedy from a service that is for sexual abuse victims.

On a serious and off-topic note, I wish that instead of performing services the church would, instead, come clean about its role in the whole scandal and get real about compensating its victims.

Offering services/masses for victims brings to mind McDonalds offering a free chicken nugget to people who contracted AIDS from a Chicken McNugget Meal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭parrai

smokingman wrote: »
    Seeing as misdirection and red herrings are the cut'n'jib of this thread now...
    Brown Bomber: do you think that for one second, your username does anything to dispel the stereotype of "Mental Suicidal Islamists" who want to "rape fourteen year olds and blow up anything they can get their lunatic grenades into" when most true followers of Islam consider it a peaceful religion. You're a disgrace to those of your religion who actually take it seriously. I hope you feel the shame you should feel. Dis.gusti.ng.

seeing as BB writes alot in the ct forum, I would have taken his name to mean 'rubbish destroyer', just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

parrai wrote: »
    seeing as BB writes alot in the ct forum, I would have taken his name to mean 'rubbish destroyer', just a thought

Couldn't he have just used "binman" instead then? :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Seeing as all the mirth has been sucked out of this thread - you know who you are - I see no point in leaving it open to jibes and bickering.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement