Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers** Series 7, Episode 2 - "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship"

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That's quite true. Unless the doctor setting them up for a chorus of 'doctor who' was just dramatic effect :pac: I do agree about river though, don't miss her mind, but she has seemingly dropped off the face of the earth (See what I did there ;) )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Amy did say "what they did to me in Demon's Run" referring to having river, right? The rest of the glossing I assume refers to them never actually keeping her and raising a child

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭wench

Jessibelle wrote: »
    I did find it interesting that, when given the chance to leave the Daleks with a clean slate so to speak, the Dr deliberately went back to goad them into asking 'Dr who...?' .

I don't think that was deliberate - it looked more like he thought she had only wiped the ones on the surface.
    When they didn't recognise him, he said something along the lines of "oh, you did it to them all..."

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

I really think there are only two real differences between the Doctor killing this guy and how he usually does it:

A) He killed him after he already beat him (ie, foiled his plan and rendered him temporarily harmless). Usually if the Doctor beats them before killing them he lets them go. If he kills them before beating them then apparently that's fine with everyone but once the Doctor has the upper hand he has to be all mister forgiveness because it's wrong to kill the evil genocide committing people when they're not actively trying to kill people (unless its cool like blowing up entire fleets full of Cybermen in order to make Rory's statement seem a bit more badass, that's totally morally ok)

B) He had less make-up on than most villains.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

We stuck it on again last night "for our kid" and the thing that struck me was how differently the Doctor behaved when he was out of sight of his "posse". All bells and whistles when any of them was around, then cool and distant when they weren't.

Matt Smith is absolute class.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yup, at first I didn't think much of his 'dramatic' acting, he seemed a bit weak, but he has definitely improved & really grown into the role. He's still the best of the modern actors for the comic elements, the man has timing to spare (and to me, comedy is much harder than drama anyway, but I digress)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Aye, I feel like Matt Smith's Doctor is the most like the new sherlock to me. To quote Molly hooper 'your eyes are sad. When you think he can't see you.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Das Kitty wrote: »
    We stuck it on again last night "for our kid" and the thing that struck me was how differently the Doctor behaved when he was out of sight of his "posse". All bells and whistles when any of them was around, then cool and distant when they weren't.

Matt Smith is absolute class.

I've noticed this two. The Doctor has always been more unrestrained when alone, tends to go insane a bit quicker than usual.

I have to admit though, I am very tired of the Ponds. I did initially like them, but not their story line is just old.

Advertisement