Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Tri Gear

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

You're funny

to look at ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I want a hoodie:o

Mind your eyes:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/264981_516161991734310_1863696628_n.jpg
    Oryx wrote: »
    And amph, what were you thinking of, kit wise? (I darent say gear or mcos will be making me offers)

Honestly not sure. Was hoping to get more of an input than 010001 (hope that's an insult in binary! :p ) as to what people though of the idea.

Whether people would be happy with a badge to sew onto their existing club hoodie as a sign of being a boardsie. That or a tattoo across the back of the neck.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yikes. Thats vivid. Go faster stripes? Well Id run like feck away from them.

I would like a hoody. As long as its not grey. People would wonder what Im at if Im checking them out looking for a badge....

And I prefer to have my tattoos where the sun dont shine.

I know a member here who's in that club..........and likes the gear:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Problem with a boards hoody:

"Oh who are you on boards? I'm XYZ"
    "Tunney....."
    *Smack*

Sure why not though. Could be worth asking LCD for his opinion on styles and the like seeing as that is his business.

tunney wrote: »
    Problem with a boards hoody:

"Oh who are you on boards? I'm XYZ"
    "Tunney....."
    *Smack*

Sure why not though. Could be worth asking LCD for his opinion on styles and the like seeing as that is his business.

Well i did mention you a few times in Athy and you never came forward;)

Well i did mention you a few times in Athy and you never came forward;)

Probably because a certain boardsie collapsed and could only be released by the ambulance crew into the care of someone he knew. And he saw me, so I was otherwise engaged :)

Probably because a certain boardsie collapsed and could only be released by the ambulance crew into the care of someone he knew. And he saw me, so I was otherwise engaged :)

Before the race at 7:30am.....................i even played orbital for you:(

Before the race at 7:30am.....................i even played orbital for you:(

Sorry, enxt year :)

• Advertisement

Sorry, enxt year :)

Ok he says as he wipes the tears away:p

So you're 1st to sign up for the double:D

Ok he says as he wipes the tears away:p

So you're 1st to sign up for the double:D

Dunno, gotta see dates. Might be sprint or olympic.

2nd

Not talking dates, registration.

Dunno, gotta see dates. Might be sprint or olympic.

June bank holiday, i think you should do the tri a tri........easy ( small;) ) money:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I want a tri suit.. where do I line up?

and now my head hurts reading all that thinking it was relevant:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I want a tri suit.. where do I line up?

and now my head hurts reading all that thinking it was relevant:(

Problem with a tri suit I guess is that most on here are in clubs and have tri gear already. I'd be happy with tri shorts to match up with my boards cycling jersey though. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Somewhere like champion system do have minimum order quantities but they will mix items within that and you can order just one of say, a trisuit, within a larger order. Now choosing the design is another matter. :)

But most the people in the cycling forum have cycling apparel and they're in a club too?

But most the people in the cycling forum have cycling apparel and they're in a club too?

Most people on the cycling forum don't race. See here

In a race no one who is in a club is going to wear any other gear bar sponsors, or national kit (see above link for this one)

Training gear maybe.

I'm well aware of this but none the less they still have it. It still outlines the boardsies while training or whatever.

• Advertisement

I'm well aware of this but none the less they still have it. It still outlines the boardsies while training or whatever.

The comment was on a boards tri suit. no one trains in their race kit really in tri.

Then would a boards tri suit not be ideal? I feel we're arguing the same point?:P

Then would a boards tri suit not be ideal? I feel we're arguing the same point?:P

No. No it would not.

People do not train in tri suits. They just race in them.

People will not race in colours other than club colours.

Therefore people will not race in a boards tri suit and its a bad idea to see about getting them made.

The difference between Cycling and Tri forums is that Tri posters are by and large active racers and members of clubs where as Cycling posters aren't.

Just to complete the circle ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80623634&postcount=1

I agree with Tunney. Tri suit will not work for the vast majority of people.

What I had in mind was a sew on badge (along the lines of the old AC/DC patch on your jacket) to go on an existing club hoodie or tri suit.

Its more to help with the identification before and after events rather than what myself and catweazle did introducing ourselves by boards.ie tags during a race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 IronmanJNR

After reading 4 pages of this Sh1t , do you really want to indentify yourselves ??

IronmanJNR wrote: »
    After reading 4 pages of this Sh1t , do you really want to indentify yourselves ??

LOL - thought had entered my mind too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

What I had in mind was a sew on badge (along the lines of the old AC/DC patch on your jacket) to go on an existing club hoodie or tri suit.

I organized a Boards running top for the jogging forum. FWIW its helped people to recognize each other at races (or avoid them, if that's your thing), or get a "Go Boards" shout from the sidelines. If you have something in mind, from my experience, just do it. Once you start asking for opinions, you'll get hundreds, and get nowhere. Build it and they will come. Nice idea for a conversation starter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Before you can even do anything you need to decide what the gear is going to be - a t-shirt, a hoody(seems to be interest in a hoody, but again most will have a club hoody), a badge of some sort, training gear to help people hook up for group sessions (where the idea of cycling and running gear originated I guess), tri suit (for group OW swims?), a jacket? Need permission I assume to use the logos? Someone needs to design it and decide on a supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I'd be up for a hoodie..

Threw a design together really quickly just to try and help people come to a descision.. Something like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

I'd be interested in a boards.ie hoodie.

I had to think long and hard after reading through 4 pages of that brown stuff :D

Advertisement