Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are women tougher to work with?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 beauty27

I am just newly promoted to 2nd in command in my company and I have a female boss.
    We both have very different managerial styles.
    I think she wants me to be more like her and sometimes she treats staff appallingly and freaks out over little things and wants Me to do the same her approach is do as I say not as I do and how I got the promotion is basically from taking over the workload that built up over her lack of planning.

I am pretty much hands on and like a bit of hard graft. I will avoid conflict if it can be avoided but lately staff have been coming to me and saying they want to leave this place because of her.
    I have tried to speak to her about it and she is of the opinion that they are just pissed off because she is not telling them how great they are.
    The staff feel low self esteem and lack confidence as she will pull them up on tiny mistakes and go off on one.
    She is always right. I am female also but just find some days working with her is impossible.
    Women bosses are the worse in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

beauty27 wrote: »
    I am just newly promoted to 2nd in command in my company and I have a female boss.
    We both have very different managerial styles........ I am female also but just find some days working with her is impossible. Women bosses are the worse in my opinion.

See this kind of post makes zero sense to me...you are female and you are now second in command therefore in the position of actually being a 'woman boss' but you dismiss 'women bosses' as being 'the worse'. This despite acknowledging the fact that you both, as individual women, have different styles of management. How on earth does that compute? :confused:

Advertisement