Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have no fear they've got stories for years like Daisy gets a cat, Fitz and Mack go shoe shopping. :D

AoS Season 12
    Mack: "I need a shoe... or a shotgun-axe... or some sort of shoe-shotgun-axe combination..."

Wonderful episode. If anything, slightly less eventful than I'd anticipated, but still full of wonderful moments and callbacks, and Coulson's fear conversation was really well done and thought out, as was the general reveal that he's dying.

I think most people probably called that Deke was Fitz/Simmons grandson, but the reveal of it was still great.

And always great to have J August Richards in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jebus no one has quoted the simpsons yet, have no fear they've got stories for years. The show is great and oddly enough I didn't see that ending coming I really hope it's real and not some framework blah blah, the intro S.H.I.E.L.D logo phasing in the past ones I expected a few more background pop up guest stars, thought I seen Daisy's dad at one point in Mister Hyde mode, Kyle MacLachlan has a very unique immediately recognisable face.

Needed to be a feature length episode though there was a lot to be expanded on for what took place in the episode, jebus that explanation given to Coulson was extremely believable it touched on his whole character and wilefullness to belong to something as a whole be that a family or team or even the organisation as a whole. This show can and must go on it is such an enjoyable thing to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,345 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jebus no one has quoted the simpsons yet, have no fear they've got stories for years. The show is great and oddly enough I didn't see that ending coming I really hope it's real and not some framework blah blah, the intro S.H.I.E.L.D logo phasing in the past ones I expected a few more background pop up guest stars, thought I seen Daisy's dad at one point in Mister Hyde mode, Kyle MacLachlan has a very unique immediately recognisable face.

Needed to be a feature length episode though there was a lot to be expanded on for what took place in the episode, jebus that explanation given to Coulson was extremely believable it touched on his whole character and wilefullness to belong to something as a whole be that a family or team or even the organisation as a whole. This show can and must go on it is such an enjoyable thing to watch.
    No Grant Ward seemed like a shocking oversight. That was the glaring ommission I thought I guess Brett Dalton must have been busy? Be it OG Ward, Hive Ward, Good Ward suprised he didn't appear

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

they're really stretching this out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

they really stretching this out

??? what show are you watching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

they really stretching this out

Could you elaborate more on that?

Was sad no Bobbi and Hunter or Fury given it was such an important episode number.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Could you elaborate more on that?
    I thought they would deal with coulson in this ep.

Didn't they though, he disclosed what's going on to the team.

Project Tahiti used kree dna to fix him I'm guessing by the end of the season there will be a kree invasion let's hope someone on the show figures out kree dna is what's needed again, simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Meant to ask, i haven't seen it for a while (mexican ghost rider featured in an episode)
    But is it possible to watch this season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Meant to ask, i haven't seen it for a while (mexican ghost rider featured in an episode)

S5 just started on E4. Ep1 is available on catchup and airs every Sunday at 9pm.

If you haven't seen Season 4 make absolutely sure you watch that entire season first before season 5. Its absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Felt very much a celebration of the 100th episode. Yeah why not :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,966 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The character stuff was nice, focusing on Coulson and the family he has made for himself, but as a 100th episode it was pretty flat and disappointing. Fleeting cameos just reminded me of bigger, more exciting times .

And something another site remarked regarding Coulsons ticking clock: even if this weren't the last season, could the show keep going without him at the helm? Daisy just isn't the leadership type, possessing none of the gravitas or charisma that'd gel, and SHIELD pretty much is Coulsons baby - hard to see anyone else taking the reigns...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

pixelburp wrote: »
    The character stuff was nice, focusing on Coulson and the family he has made for himself, but as a 100th episode it was pretty flat and disappointing. Fleeting cameos just reminded me of bigger, more exciting times .
    I imagine more a sign of the budget than the story. They would have looked cool but other than dragging out the story, there would not have been much of a point.
    And something another site remarked regarding Coulsons ticking clock: even if this weren't the last season, could the show keep going without him at the helm? Daisy just isn't the leadership type, possessing none of the gravitas or charisma that'd gel, and SHIELD pretty much is Coulsons baby - hard to see anyone else taking the reigns...
    Coulsons ticking clock will very much be the end of the show, they will end him if the show is not renewed, they will save him if he is. Agree about Daisy, leading SHIELD, he has lost his mind? She is a good first officer, keeping the moral compass pointing the right way but she can't make the hard decisions. Forcing her to sound like a leader in this episode was probably the weak point.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was thinking what Coulson asked of Fitz and then the delay in the lift was for Fitz taking over leadership. Didn't think it would be what it was. Happy to see.
    And talking about the coincidence of Deathlok showing up just in time made me think it might still be a vision, but I guess they were just kinda breaking the fourth wall.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I was thinking what Coulson asked of Fitz and then the delay in the lift was for Fitz taking over leadership. Didn't think it would be what it was. Happy to see.
    And talking about the coincidence of Deathlok showing up just in time made me think it might still be a vision, but I guess they were just kinda breaking the fourth wall.

Did the word institution not give it away? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,966 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

CramCycle wrote: »
    Coulsons ticking clock will very much be the end of the show, they will end him if the show is not renewed, they will save him if he is. Agree about Daisy, leading SHIELD, he has lost his mind? She is a good first officer, keeping the moral compass pointing the right way but she can't make the hard decisions. Forcing her to sound like a leader in this episode was probably the weak point.

As much as SHIELD improved from its ropey beginnings, it never QUITE moved on past its insistence on playing Daisy as its 'hero' character; thankfully the dreadful hacker / outsider persona was ditched pretty quickly, and instead got something of the rookie trainee agent growing within May's shadow, but the show never quite got over this sense that Daisy had to be the centre of everything - Season 5 again demonstrating this with her being the apparent cause of the world's end. And as you say, she's NOT a leader, not at all; if Coulson & May spoke of new blood, Quake is clearly the replacement for the latter, not the former. If anyone should take the place of Coulson, Mack or Fitz have demonstrably shown the ability to make the tough choices as a General (or in Fitz's case, those tough choices manifesting themselves through rank evil as a leader in HYDRA!). But if this is to be the show's last hurrah, its oddly fitting that it's falling back towards some of the worse patterns from season 1 - that Skye/Daisy is the lynchpin of the whole narrative.

'that i can only describe as fear dimensions' really?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭pah

Daisy
    does become director of SHIELD in the comics
    so they are probably leaning that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭kerplun k

As a supporting character, I have nothing against Daisy, but Chloe Bennet is not a good enough actor to carry the show. Its simple, No Coulson, No S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Imagine Bennet as the lead in a S6, with a reduced budget. This would surely tarnish the legacy of the show.

I'd have no issue with Daisy leading the team. If anything, her struggling with the leadership, leaning on Mack/May for help/advice and learning to be more like Coulson through experiencing the struggles he faced as Director could be a good minor plot arc for her character and help her character evolve.

Penn wrote: »
    I'd have no issue with Daisy leading the team. If anything, her struggling with the leadership, leaning on Mack/May for help/advice and learning to be more like Coulson through experiencing the struggles he faced as Director could be a good minor plot arc for her character and help her character evolve.

Agreed, however i couldn’t imagine this program without Coulson.
    It’d be like watching Thor without Thor.

Blazer wrote: »
    Agreed, however i couldn’t imagine this program without Coulson.
    It’d be like watching Thor without Thor.

Yeah well that would definitely be the bigger issue imo, and a much harder pill to swallow.

Even the marketing material down the years has very deliberately positioned Coulson as the lead character - which makes sense, given the very fact this show exists is arguably due to Coulson's popularity from his cameo appearances during the first phase of MCU films. It's a minor miracle they not only managed to credibly bring him back from the dead, but spin a pretty decent set of narratives from it too.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Even the marketing material down the years has very deliberately positioned Coulson as the lead character - which makes sense, given the very fact this show exists is arguably due to Coulson's popularity from his cameo appearances during the first phase of MCU films. It's a minor miracle they not only managed to credibly bring him back from the dead, but spin a pretty decent set of narratives from it too.

I think Coulson will die (seems only way to break the time loop). If there is another season he could again return (after a few episodes)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,438 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This incarnation of AoS dies with Coulson it would fitting to finish the series with his death.

AoS could be rebooted in a couple of years again if they want for Phase 5 of the MCU having been rebuilt in secret while introducing new cast members.

Weirdest thing so far is where the hell is Robin, armless YoYo seemed to be a seer in the future which backs up the screams of it's all coming true we heard from her. I mean send Deke out to get the kid rather than Zima. :p

Weirdest thing so far is where the hell is Robin, armless YoYo seemed to be a seer in the future which backs up the screams of it's all coming true we heard from her. I mean send Deke out to get the kid rather than Zima. :p

Robin (and her mum) is in hiding with Hunter and Bobbi.

• Advertisement

Why were they not brought in I suppose is my point knowing what the team know will happen to Robins mother and how important Robin is or maybe they've just accepted Robin will find her way to them sooner or later given what they now know of the future that they are trying to prevent. Jebus I've over thought this a wee bit.

Advertisement