Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mindy Project [Fox/Hulu - US]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, another comedy that has really hit it's stride..

.. anyone who dismissed it early on should definitely give it a second chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Basq wrote: »
    Yep, another comedy that has really hit it's stride..

.. anyone who dismissed it early on should definitely give it a second chance.

I still find Mindy very annoying at times

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I still find Mindy very annoying at times
    And yet still less annoying than Jessica Day..

.. she's not bad to be fair. Definitely has more comedic presence than Zooey Deschanel, plus a top notch writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I have caught this a few times on E4 and it's quite good actually. Will probably catch up on the beginning of the series now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Must give it another shot. Didn't like the first few but plenty of shows didn't click early.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

This brutal excuse for a show aired its season finale last night, and god help us....was renewed for season 2. Is Mindy Kalling the most annoying person since Zooey Dechannel or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Have to admit, it's losing me (as is "Go On"), have it on auto download but will probably delete it from my schedule.

Richard.. I'm annoyed at you for comparing Mindy to Zooey!

Most improved show this season without question for me anyways..

http://tvline.com/2013/07/16/the-mindy-project-season-2-cast-james-franco-mindy-replacement/#more-446313

James Franco is joining the Fox comedy for a two-episode arc as the doc who fills in for Mindy while she and Pastor Casey volunteer in Haiti

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Watched the whole season. Still not sold on it. Overall 6/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Yeah I really enjoyed it. Think she's hilarious. I suppose if people find her annoying then that's the show over for them!

That's some superb casting...

With him and James Franco both making appearances, second season should be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

http://tvline.com/2013/07/16/the-mindy-project-season-2-cast-james-franco-mindy-replacement/#more-446313

James Franco is joining the Fox comedy for a two-episode arc as the doc who fills in for Mindy while she and Pastor Casey volunteer in Haiti

:cool:
    she'll probably get a few more of the "this is the end" cast to appear:pac::pac::pac:, you wouldn't think of kaling a mover and shaker but she clearly is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I have to agree. I hated the first few eps and gave up on it, then took it up lately and shocked myself by loving it!
    I didnt find it as predictable as the usual comedy. Its the only new comedy of this year that I could say I enjoyed . (I think) :)

don ramo wrote: »
    she'll probably get a few more of the "this is the end" cast to appear:pac::pac::pac:, you wouldn't think of kaling a mover and shaker but she clearly is

Seth Rogen already was in season 1 but maybe his character could come back again

Glenn Howerton latest star in for Season 2, he has been cast in a recurring role
    as a shy attorney who becomes romantically involved with Mindy

Have to say, I finally watched the whole first season and this show gets some legs about half-way through. It's a fantastic comedy that is wholly underrated IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

didn't like the pilot at all, but show picks up alot- some great dialogue and the cast is brilliant

only downside: the ****ing them music at the start, it is even more annoying than black books theme music

Timothy Olyphant is to guest star in Season 2 as a skateboarder

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

First episode of season 2 is out....

First episode of season 2 is out....

Some funny bits but slightly weak. Looking forward to this season tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Started watching this last week. Had a slow start but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Ike Barinholtz & Chris Messina play their characters very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

After a bit of a slow start into season two I have to say I really enjoyed last night's episode. Adam Pally and Glenn Howerton are great!

Vince Gilligan and Anna Gunn to guest star Source

I love Danny dancing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Great ending to the mid season finale!!!

Yep. Very strong final 2 episodes and I was genuinely surprised by the ending. Thought for sure Danny would stay in his seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

My heart lifted when he kissed her!!! Awww, can't wait til it retuns in April.

Glenn Howerton is great in it too. Them and the cast of Workahollics are like the new Brat Pack.

Advertisement