Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mindy Project [Fox/Hulu - US]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Quite like Mindy Kaling so I'll give it a go!

She did write some damn fine episodes of The Office too.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It has a good supporting cast in Chris Messina, Anna Camp, Ike Barinholtz and Stephen Tobolowsky

Not bad although Chris Messina had all the best lines!

Am hoping it does well if just to justify that not all female writers / comedians are as insipid and repulsive as Whitney Cummings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Basq wrote: »
    Not bad although Chris Messina had all the best lines!

Am hoping it does well if just to justify that not all female writers / comedians are as insipid and repulsive as Whitney Cummings.
    but she's playing an insipid character, will she be repulsive

but she's playing an insipid character, will she be repulsive
    Don't get you there.. was that a question? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Not sure what to make of this & not sure it knows what it wants to be. It was enjoyable & I like Kaling (I also like Whitney, so what do I know), but I don't know if it's light drama with comedy or light comedy with drama. I do like the fact that although it's named after her & she's the star & she wrote it, that it's not +all+ about her, she's generous with other actor's lines & doesn't hog the best ones.

I quite liked the second episode.

The punch from Beth Grant was a expected highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

picked up for a full season, 9 more episode, should bring it to i think 22, i liked the first 2 eps, and id say itll be a series ill like :)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/08/fox-orders-more-the-mindy-project-and-ben-kate/

Enjoyed the second one, seemed more balanced. Will give it a couple more before I commit 100%

I do think there would have been great mileage in a dedicated Kelly & Ryan spin off though.

Watched the first episode and really not impressed by it. Don't think I laughed once, there was the odd smile raiser but little of it was memorable. Will give it another few episodes but unless it picks up significantly I don't see myself following the show weekly.

• Advertisement

don ramo wrote: »
    picked up for a full season, 9 more episode, should bring it to i think 22, i liked the first 2 eps, and id say itll be a series ill like :)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/08/fox-orders-more-the-mindy-project-and-ben-kate/

:eek:

Is it doing well in the ratings?

Watched episode 2 and while the show isn't laugh out loud funny or particularly original the cast are all likeable, there's some funny enough lines and the whole thing has an easy going charm that's hard to dislike. Nothing ground breaking but there's lots of potential here.

Anyone still watching? Quite good to be honest..

.. although it does have quite possibly the worst theme tune in history.

Is it actually good? I tried watching the pilot episode and thought it was absolutely dire.

Gave up on this one after episode 3. Tried to watch it on the train one day but it was so dull and laugh-less that I turned it off half way through and took a nap.

They seem to be making & airing thi on an adhoc basis, but it is improving.

At least we know where Ed Helms disappeared to from Scranton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dragging up this thread.

I've just started watching this and I have to say I'm really enjoying it.

yeah it really has hit its stride in the last 4 or 5 episodes, i was gonna stop watching it at one point, but im now glad that i didnt, and its ratings seem to be growing week on week, and while they still remain fairly low, hopefully the can keep on growing each week, cause i really do hope FOX pick it up for a second season,

Yep, definitely one of the better comedies this season to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Dragging up this thread.

I've just started watching this and I have to say I'm really enjoying it.

Ditto. I always liked Kelly in the office, she had a lot of the best lines, and Mindy Kaling really just carries this show with the force of her charm and personality. She's a funny lady, and this has gotten better.

Also, check out all of her pals from The Office. I've counted three so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

fisgon wrote: »
    Ditto. I always liked Kelly in the office, she had a lot of the best lines, and Mindy Kaling really just carries this show with the force of her charm and personality. She's a funny lady, and this has gotten better.

Also, check out all of her pals from The Office. I've counted three so far.

I've counted 5.

Pam's sister, Ryan, Andy, Dwight's Nanny, Isabel.

I've counted 5.

Pam's sister, Ryan, Andy, Dwight's Nanny, Isabel.
    Ellie Kemper (Erin the receptionist) too..

erin2.jpg

fisgon wrote: »
    Ditto. I always liked Kelly in the office, she had a lot of the best lines, and Mindy Kaling really just carries this show with the force of her charm and personality. She's a funny lady, and this has gotten better
    Mindy Kaling is good... but Chris Messina is the scene-stealer!

Renewed for another season..

.. suprised, but glad to see this, as it's going from strength to strength!
    New Girl and The Following have been given early renewals by Fox.

The US network has also ordered new seasons of Raising Hope and The Mindy Project.

The Following, which stars Kevin Bacon, premiered in January. Its second season is likely to return next midseason and will run for 15 episodes, in accordance with Bacon's deal.

Fox Chairman of Entertainment Kevin Reilly said: "From the very beginning, we felt Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega had created a high-quality, edge-of-your-seat drama that could break from the pack, and it is exciting to see the audience responding.

"Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy have given us two of the most compelling characters on television and the entire cast is incredible. I'm delighted to have this thrill ride continue on Fox for another season."

New Girl is Fox's highest-rated comedy and will return for a third season with stars Zooey Deschanel, Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield and Lamorne Morris.

Reilly said of the three comedy recommissions: "We love working with these talented producers and casts who, week after week, create some of the funniest work on television.

"These shows are creatively vibrant, they have established a loyal and passionate audience and they will continue to define and grow the Fox comedy brand next season and beyond."
    Source: DigitalSpy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

this is madness fox!....why, the ratings don't justify it.....

this is madness fox!....why, the ratings don't justify it.....
    Not all about ratings Rich.. plenty of shows survive for years despite flagging ratings.

But it's also probably cheap enough to produce and Fox want to have at least one new comedy this year hit a sophomore season.

nice to see FOX show a bit of faith in this, none of FOXs new shows really set the world on fire this season, but like BASQ said and ive said it myself the show has improved a lot the last few episodes and is hitting a good stride,

hopefully with the renewal news a few more will tune in and the show can increase its viewing numbers, and also TBF its only trailing New Girl by about a million viewers each week, and new girl is considered a very successful show,

Starts tonight on E4 at 9.30pm

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Mindy Kaling is good... but Chris Messina is the scene-stealer!

Danny is the best character by far

Advertisement