Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adults living with their parents...

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

They're renting and buying in Dublin - that's where most of the jobs are.

Living at home with Mammy and Daddy isn't a practical option for them, yet they can still manage it.

Well, in that case good for them? And if someone has the option to live with their parents in Dublin for a year while they save a deposit - good for them also! Everyone is so judgmental :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Antares35 wrote: »
    Well, in that case good for them? And if someone has the option to live with their parents in Dublin for a year while they save a deposit - good for them also! Everyone is so judgmental :D

It's almost as if one size doesn't fit all when it comes to these things?

Who wudda thunk huh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

chrissb8 wrote: »
    It's almost as if one size doesn't fit all when it comes to these things?

Who wudda thunk huh!

It's almost as if seismic religious, societal and economic shifts in the past generation or two have radically altered the traditional nature of the "family unit."

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I'm paying that per month for a 5 bedroom in County Galway. Are you in Dublin?

Dublin is bonkers

I'm in East County Galway and was looking at places to rent the other week and a 4 bed near me goes for between 1200e and 1500e. 2 bed apartments are between 900 and 1000e. A lot of Galway isn't exactly cheap these days either. When we moved out of the city 6 or 7 years ago you could rent a 3 bed for 600e out here but not now.

Advertisement