Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mavis93

jay92 wrote: »
    Just a quick word of caution to those in Thomond village. I live ina housing estate behind the shop 'londis'. We are all very close to moyross and they gangs can flock over at the best of times to cause trouble. So try and stay in groups, there has been students who get broken noses or beat for things like they,re laptops and bags
    Wow, what a dampner.. But thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mavis93 wrote: »
    I'll certainly look into it :D I'm probably gonna try and get into wired fm!

There's a music society and a DJ doc also.
    Plenty of groups to join! Wired FM is a good one to get involved with.

I know this sounds a bit stupid, but I don't suppose there are opportunities to study abroad with my course? I had a look at the colleges that LIT connect with but it doesn't look like there's anything on the Music Technology side..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I know this sounds a bit stupid, but I don't suppose there are opportunities to study abroad with my course? I had a look at the colleges that LIT connect with but it doesn't look like there's anything on the Music Technology side..

Nope. There isn't a work experience module with the course.

Mars Bar wrote: »

Nope. There isn't a work experience module with the course.
    Aww okay :( What happens in the society meetings? For the music club, do people with interests in different types of music join?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Ok admissions have said we'll be getting the forms tomorrow or monday!

ELJeff wrote: »
    Ok admissions have said we'll be getting the forms tomorrow or monday!
    That's luvly jubly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alright_dave

What's the first big night out for LIT freshers?

What's the first big night out for LIT freshers?
    Dunno, Prob wont know what the line up is till after we go in

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FiionaLouise

Doing Business with Tourism management, moving up from Kerry Thursday :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

Doing Business with Tourism management, <a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="#">moving</a> up from Kerry Thursday :D

Hey classmate :) got in myself should be good craic

The final countdown now :P

Moving up Thursday defo gunna get lost :P

Moving up Thursday defo gunna get lost :P
    You in one of the student villages or a seperate house?

Moving to Limerick this day week.. soooo excited :D:D:D I'm gonna get lost as well XD

Moving to Limerick this day week.. soooo excited :D:D:D I'm gonna get lost as well XD
    If you find the college its quite easy to find both student villages!

Lets hope so! What exactly will happen on the 10th as you walk in? Do you register first or what? Is there an opportunity to meet everyone in the course and that?

Lets hope so! What exactly will happen on the 10th as you walk in? Do you register first or what? Is there an opportunity to meet everyone in the course and that?

You'll join a big Que, into register get a first week temp timetable and ull be done then until we start back!

You in one of the student villages or a seperate house?

Moving to thomond village, even after what ppl after said bout it, Ive heard both good and bad so ill just roll with the punches (hopefully not litrally) haha :rolleyes:

You'll join a big Que, into register get a first week temp timetable and ull be done then until we start back!
    And do you know when that is? The day after or what?

• Advertisement

Moving to thomond village, even after what ppl after said bout it, Ive heard both good and bad so ill just roll with the punches (hopefully not litrally) haha :rolleyes:
    I'm moving there too :D:D I've more good than bad things about the place and I'm really happy with what I saw when I was there last week :D

And do you know when that is? The day after or what?
    Possibly the thursday? not sure tbh!

I'm moving there too :D:D I've more good than bad things about the place and I'm really happy with what I saw when I was there last week :D

You moving in with people you know?? Yah ive seen the pics, question tho do you kno if ever room is double bed or not? haha :)

Nope, I don't know them, I know that one is doing the same course as me and the other is doing Multimedia as far as I know! Ermm.. not too sure.. I think there's only one double bed in each or something..

I shoulda found out who im moving in with whoops...haha kk thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DollyD

I moved in on Friday place is like a ghost town can't wait for the buzz around the place this week

DollyD wrote: »
    I moved in on Friday place is like a ghost town can't wait for the buzz around the place this week

*que Ghost Town song*

Yah once every1 moves in it will be good

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DollyD

Tink there's 7 of us here already and there 250 in total to come next week total mayhem ha can't wait

• Advertisement

that's Thomond, right? Sorry, I forgot where your staying XD

Advertisement