Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freshers thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

DollyD wrote: »
    Hopefully it means we won't be in that massive que for Ages on registration day! I tink it's a great idea

I'll still go in, spot the talent and get the free stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DollyD

ELJeff wrote: »
    I'll still go in, spot the talent and get the free stuff :D

Haha ya I'm goin to go in too make sur its all done proper cos il jus mess things up knowing me!!

Haha ya I'm goin to go in too make sur its all done proper cos il jus mess things up knowing me!!

Get an idea of the layout of the place, and also might meet some of your class mates

This is what my mate told me about the music tech course
    Ya man i thought it was pretty good. Some of the electrical stuff is a bit tough. From what I hear its probably more fun than the music tech course in UL anyway , more hands on and stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mavis93

I will be joining all of you in a few weeks studying Music Technology & Production!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Mavis93 wrote: »
    I will be joining all of you in a few weeks studying Music Technology & Production!!!!!! :D
    Congrats!

The weeks are dragging wish it was college time already ha

The weeks are dragging wish it was college time already ha
    I have exams next monday to wednesday and they're coming too fast! after that cannot wait to start

Oohhhhhh best of luck with them!! What year you going onto after the exams??

Oohhhhhh best of luck with them!! What year you going onto after the exams??
    Actually going back to first year :D

• Advertisement

Congrats!
    Thanks :D Anyone else doing my course, do PM me or whatever :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 limeyard

Starting Automation and Control.Looking forward to it!!!

limeyard wrote: »
    Starting Automation and Control.Looking forward to it!!!
    Sorted out accomodation today :D Gonna be in Thomond! I went down to see it and I love it! Anyone else staying there? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Anyone receive any information regarding registration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Hey, I'm heading to study Quantity Surveying. Anyone else doing this course? Moving to Limerick on Tuesday and can't wait for it!

Anyone receive any information regarding registration?
    Nope! I feel we should be getting something by now though :S

LIT are never the promptest when it comes to sending stuff out

Ahh I see.. What's induction like? And where do y'all go out? Do people from LIT and UL go to the same places?

Ahh I see.. What's induction like? And where do y'all go out? Do people from LIT and UL go to the same places?

Sorted out accomodation today :D Gonna be in Thomond! I went down to see it and I love it! Anyone else staying there? :D

Me ha loved it when I went to view it I'm moving in on Friday! Can't wait when u moving in??

• Advertisement

pretty straight forward, meet lecturers, team buiding exercise etc get told all the rules and what u need, then start into the work!

Just found out I'll be working during the registration and have register on my break :D
    So if you see a guy handing out free aib bags during registration thats me :D

Mollies seems to be the big lit place along with Icon, Angel Lane.

Ul more stick to stables andthe lodge tho you'll still see them all over town.
    Theres a lot of choices really

Moving in the day before induction.. so the 9th :D Can't freakin' wait! Thing is, I got no laptop yet and there's no wifi for my iPod Touch :'( How do you get to those places when going out? They couldn't give you the day off for registration?! That is whack! There is no other girl in Thomond doing Music Tech.. I was told they're all boys so far XD

Moving in the day before induction.. so the 9th :D Can't freakin' wait! Thing is, I got no laptop yet and there's no wifi for my iPod Touch :'( How do you get to those places when going out? They couldn't give you the day off for registration?! That is whack! There is no other girl in Thomond doing Music Tech.. I was told they're all boys so far XD

Normally a taxi, shared between everyone, or if u go early enough get the party bus to town :D

Not so bad! Any other good aspects of LIT I should look forward to? :D

Not so bad! Any other good aspects of LIT I should look forward to? :D

Overpriced food in the canteen :P
    Generally good atmosphere on the street,
    Snall campus so you'll get ti know people from all over the the different departments which is fun I think

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I remember my first day in Cratloe.

I came across this fella who had the most amazing blue eyes. Then I noticed he was in the flats across from me. He was having a cigarette on his balcony and I was out on mine coz I was bored. He said hi. I was delighted.

Couldn't believe my luck when he was in my course! :D

He was a waster and dropped out. He was much more attractive when I didn't know him.

I was one of 3 girls on the course. It's very much male dominated.

Sounds pretty good! Is there an imbalance of the ratio of boys:girls? (sorry for sounding like an intellectual freak XD)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sounds pretty good! Is there an imbalance of the ratio of boys:girls? (sorry for sounding like an intellectual freak XD)

Yup, but it's grand!

I don't really mind! As long as people are sound and that! anyone else in my internet situation? :/

• Advertisement

Depending on the course theres generally a imbalance in gender! some courses more guys, others more girls

Advertisement