Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mavis93

sounds great XD XD so ermm.. anything else I should know? I can't really think of anything else to ask about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DollyD

Mavis93 wrote: »
    I don't really mind! As long as people are sound and that! anyone else in my internet situation? :/

I taught der was wifi in the apartments no???

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

If you're driving be up early, and have change.
    The library is very noisey so if thats a problem bring earphones or study at home.
    Student villages are quite noisy, earbuds are a hany investment if you're a light sleeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

DollyD wrote: »
    I taught der was wifi in the apartments no???

In Cratloe there was only Ethernet.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    In Cratloe there was only Ethernet.

That's a question I didn't ask actually ugh dat will be a balls nw

• Advertisement

That's a question I didn't ask actually ugh dat will be a balls nw

Well if u have a laptop and want the wifi for other devices, I recommend using Connectify. It will use the Ethernet connection to start its own WiFi using the laptop. although im sure when we were at parties last year the laptop was streaming YouTube with no cable

yeah you need to have a laptop, but they give you the lead.. I was looking up about bringing a router in but apparently you get in big trouble for that and they close your port down?! :S

.. I forget where that was but it wasn't Thomond

I have a laptop but its ancient ha I use my iPad all the time, sopose il have to sing up sumwere mad get a modem thing like O2 or meteor, must look into that connectivity business mite be the solution ha

I have a laptop but its ancient ha I use my iPad all the time, sopose il have to sing up sumwere mad get a modem thing like O2 or meteor, must look into that connectivity business mite be the solution ha
    Its extremely simple to use, and if you have any problems I#ll happily help you out with it.

guess I'm gonna have to resort to using the computers on the site or something :/ where are you coming from by the way? :) .. any of you!

• Advertisement

ELJeff wrote: »
    Its extremely simple to use, and if you have any problems I#ll happily help you out with it.

Ha cheers man il hold u to dat!!

I'm from limerick and have went to lit before goin back as a mature student well nt very mature I'm 24 ha how bout you?

guess I'm gonna have to resort to using the computers on the site or something :/ where are you coming from by the way? :) .. any of you!
    From the far off lands of Killaloe in Clare :P

High 5! I'm also from Clare :D West Clare to be exact!

Don't you mean the Whest? :P

it's the Whest fo sho! :D

West Clare is the best part of the country in fairness!

.. fo sho! that's cause I'm there.. ha! next to the sea and everything :P

.. fo sho! that's cause I'm there.. ha! next to the sea and everything :P
    Someones full of themselves! :P
    Haha, Love the ocean! :D

Ha ha XD ever been to Lahinch? the beach there is amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Ahh I see.. What's induction like? And where do y'all go out? Do people from LIT and UL go to the same places?
    yes people from LIT and UL go out in the same places but UL also have the option of the Lodge and their on campus venues
    Main places people in LIT go to are Angel Lane, Mollies, Icon. Trinity rooms is rumoured to be opening back up which adds options
    pretty straight forward, meet lecturers, team buiding exercise etc get told all the rules and what u need, then start into the work!

Just found out I'll be working during the registration and have register on my break :D
    So if you see a guy handing out free aib bags during registration thats me :D

Mollies seems to be the big lit place along with Icon, Angel Lane.

Ul more stick to stables and the lodge tho you'll still see them all over town.
    Theres a lot of choices really
    There isnt that many choices for going out if your being honest.
    Wouldnt say at all that UL students tend to stick to stables and lodge. Thers enough over there that always head to town

Ha ha XD ever been to Lahinch? the beach there is amazing!

I surf a bit, so lahinch has become a second home for me, that and the Outdoor club weekend away in Lahinch :D

I surf a bit, so lahinch has become a second home for me, that and the Outdoor club weekend away in Lahinch :D

ahh not so bad! I don't surf myself but Lahinch would be the place I would go out mainly..

How many nights a week would people go out in Limerick.. and is it expensive?

ahh not so bad! I don't surf myself but Lahinch would be the place I would go out mainly..

How many nights a week would people go out in Limerick.. and is it expensive?
    mainly tuesdays and thursdays and a good few head out sundays, ull have crowds most nights but those would be the main ones!
    Not overly expensive, but theres always a lot of pre drinking! :D

Sounds great, can't wait :D ohh and speaking of clubs, what other ones are there? I would be interested in music, comedy and.. that's about it!

Sounds great, can't wait :D ohh and speaking of clubs, what other ones are there? I would be interested in music, comedy and.. that's about it!

Night clubs- Angel Lane, Icon, possibly Trinity Rooms if rumours are true
    Molllies is a late disco bar.

Pubs with music would be smyth's, O'connells.

You get good bands and comedians down in Dolans.

If your more into rock music theres The blind pig and another which i forget the name of amm something about an onion?

Night clubs- Angel Lane, Icon, possibly Trinity Rooms if rumours are true
    Molllies is a late disco bar.

Pubs with music would be smyth's, O'connells.

You get good bands and comedians down in Dolans.

If your more into rock music theres The blind pig and another which i forget the name of amm something about an onion?

Thanks for all that :D But sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant to say clubs within LIT!

Thanks for all that :D But sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant to say clubs within LIT!

Ahhh,
    Well there's us, DJ society, and amm tbh i dunno who else is there, i never look around I'm generally getting people to go to our sign up table :D

I'll certainly look into it :D I'm probably gonna try and get into wired fm!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

Just a quick word of caution to those in Thomond village. I live ina housing estate behind the shop 'londis'. We are all very close to moyross and they gangs can flock over at the best of times to cause trouble. So try and stay in groups, there has been students who get broken noses or beat for things like they,re laptops and bags

Advertisement