Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, what's your course?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭amymak

finality wrote: »
    Points wise? 585.

Yay :D It doesn't seem to be very popular on boards. And you seem to be a girl, I won't be the only girl, wooooooo. :P I'm not staying in Halls, didn't like how far away from trinity it is. Staying in NCI :)

Have you liked the Engineering post on the Trinity Freshers 2012 facebook page? (Only four have so far.) Hopefully the boy/girl ratio won't be too uneven. :)
    The distance was an issue for me too, but I heard great things about the opportunities to make friends, (not always my strong suit) so I really hope I get it. Plus I'm from Sligo and I don't know how I'll go about getting accommodation if I don't get in. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

jam making <3

ChemHickey wrote: »
    QUESTION: Do ye build things in your course? Is it quite a practical course? Are the hours manageable as in NUIG, the hours I heard are atrocious (9am-6pm 5 days a week with labs at night too)

Well, from what I've heard, it's much less practical than any I.T. course. As far as I know, it's fairly theoretical, though we do build a massive catapult as a project in first year. :D

From what I've seen of the timetable, the hours are long. Yes to 6 p.m. some days, but that's generally the trend with science courses. Arts have the nice schedule. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

QUESTION: Do ye build things in your course? Is it quite a practical course? Are the hours manageable as in NUIG, the hours I heard are atrocious (9am-6pm 5 days a week with labs at night too)

I hope it's quite practical, but I presume it must be to some extent. I want to do electronic and computer engineering and as the focus is on hardware with engineering I presume there will be a fair amount or work with components. I don't know exactly what the hours will be like yet, but I think they are quite long.

amymak wrote: »
    Have you liked the Engineering post on the Trinity Freshers 2012 facebook page? (Only four have so far.) Hopefully the boy/girl ratio won't be too uneven. :)
    The distance was an issue for me too, but I heard great things about the opportunities to make friends, (not always my strong suit) so I really hope I get it. Plus I'm from Sligo and I don't know how I'll go about getting accommodation if I don't get in. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen it, do you have a link to that page? :) I'll be staying with between 6 and 8 people in NCI so hopefully I'll be able to make friends there. And there'll be societies etc too so I think there'll be loads of opportunities. I think the college can help you to find accommodation if you don't get halls, but I think most people do so you should be fine! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

ScienceMad wrote: »
    how many points did u get if u dont mind me asking because i have a friend who missed out narrowly and
    do you think theres much a chance they will get in on 2nd round offers?? :(

That poster (II 2FAST2C II) also claimed to be doing Pharmacy and the Junior Cert.
    Either he's a troll or someone else logged in as him. There is also a duplicate troll account on his IP

• Advertisement

finality wrote: »
    I hope it's quite practical, but I presume it must be to some extent. I want to do electronic and computer engineering and as the focus is on hardware with engineering I presume there will be a fair amount or work with components. I don't know exactly what the hours will be like yet, but I think they are quite long.

I haven't seen it, do you have a link to that page? :) I'll be staying with between 6 and 8 people in NCI so hopefully I'll be able to make friends there. And there'll be societies etc too so I think there'll be loads of opportunities. I think the college can help you to find accommodation if you don't get halls, but I think most people do so you should be fine! :)

https://www.facebook.com/TCDFreshers2012 Here you go. :) If you scroll down, you'll see where there are individual posts for each course.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SB10123456

Science in Maynooth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

amymak wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/TCDFreshers2012 Here you go. :) If you scroll down, you'll see where there are individual posts for each course.

Thanks :) I liked it...weird that it's mostly girls that did. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Westfest

Here lads, I'm feeling a bit down now. :( My brother told me that IT Sligo isn't an actual college, and when my granny called to see how it went she asked was I disappointed when I said I got an offer from Sligo. Now I'm worried everyone else from my year is thinking the same thing as my bro and granny and making fun of me behind my back or something. :( I mean, it's a Level 8 College and it's nationally recognized (twelfth best college in the country like) so I don't see why they'd be acting that way?

What do ye think, I was thrilled this morning but their response is making me think I should repeat. I mean, the course sounds great to me but IDK at the moment... :( I just HATE that there's some stigma with ITs, I mean NUIG students are taking the piss out of GMIT students all the time.
    I studied in IT Sligo and loved it! Was able to progress to level 9 in UCD after and have never had any trouble finding employment so go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Simon8226

imelle wrote: »
    jam making <3

Theres always a **** who puts up Jam Making :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Simon8226 wrote: »

Yeah, and apparently it's actually Jamb making... :L

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Athletic Therapy and Training in DCU :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Commerce in NUIG, anyone doing the same? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

Simon8226 wrote: »

it's not a course, it's a way of life

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

it's not a course, it's a way of life
    Plus there's some modules like marmalade making :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SavC

iLaura wrote: »
    Got Science Education in UL :D

Me too!! :)

aliciavonm wrote: »
    Science teaching in UL, with 110 points to spare. Happy out!
    I got that too! 1st choice! Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SarahMc0

I got DN451- C&G Nursing in UCD... Absolutely delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

SavC wrote: »

Awesome! At least I vaguely know someone doing my course :P

iLaura wrote: »
    SavC wrote: »

Awesome! At least I vaguely know someone doing my course :P

Yeah! Haha! Might see you there shur :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 hyper_on_water

Veterinary Medicine. :) so excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

jam making <3

This is not funny but you tried your best and that's all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shanmo

Business with Japanese at ul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

jam making <3

The funny thing is, it's actually Jamb making. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

The funny thing is, it's actually Jamb making. :P

Yeah, I always wondered where people got the 'jam' making idea. Making door jambs is much more complicated than a bit of fruit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ItsChip

Government in UCC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rubystar25

I got Applied Physics in UL with 120 points to spare :)
    Anyone else doing the same course ???

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DestructiveApe

I got my first choice :), TV, Radio and New Media Broadcasting in IT Tralee :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Hanii93

C&G nursing in UCD!

Advertisement