Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, what's your course?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AmiF

Psychology In Trinity! SO excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

xcorina wrote: »
    PSYCHOLOGY IN TRINITY
    EVERYTHING'S COMING UP MILLHOUSE :D

Trinity!?
    I thought you were upset when you didn't get UCD. How did you manage Trinity which is even more points!?
    Fair play anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orange juice

Biomedical in NUIG! :D Yay!!! Missed med by 10 points!! :cool:
    Hope everyone got what they wanted!! :)
    Roll on College!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xcorina

biohaiid wrote: »
    Trinity!?
    I thought you were upset when you didn't get UCD. How did you manage Trinity which is even more points!?
    Fair play anyways :)

In the tension/ desperation of last night, I forgot that I had gotten DARE! Haha I'm so happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

xcorina wrote: »
    In the tension/ desperation of last night, I forgot that I had gotten DARE! Haha I'm so happy :D

That's brilliant. Just think your about to start the best Psychology programme in Ireland. Congrats :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 patryk4x

Information Technology Support in CIT :) anybody else doing it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Audiology in Athlone IT :) AHHH so excited :)

ME TOO!! omg. :O
    so happy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SD021

Neodymium wrote: »
    Mathematical Sciences UCC

I'm surprised that the points didn't rise, still stayed at 520.

I'll see you there :D

Yeah I can't understand it either. Everyone I know going for it got at least 575.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Science Education, NUIM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 StephanieC93

Arts/Humanities in St. Pats! Delighted!!! :):D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lavidabonita

Nursing in Trinity College :D Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

It's lovely to see all the people who talked about their dream courses throughout the year, actually get offered them :D delighted for everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

HeaneyBabe wrote: »
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    A0t6NsKCQAAM3AN.png

I FEEL LIKE MY LIFE HAS JUST REACHED ITS CLIMAX.

Ah Patchy this is madness!! Woooo

Me too! :D Aaaaah ill see you guys there- can't wait! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FTS

Got DT341, marketing in DIT. I am so unbelievably happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭celtic10000

Just accepted Digital media design in UL. I'm happy i got my course but last years points were 335 on the first and final round and this year its 305. its dropped by 30, is this bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Mathematical Science - NUIG :) Turns out my friends sister is doing that course too XD :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kaneo71

Computing in NCI, can't wait! :)
    Me too! :D Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

Event management dit
    Couldn't be more excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kmc_

English, Media and Cultural Studies in IADT :D
    Delighted as I really didn't think I'd get an offer at all! Anyone else for IADT? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Management of Information Technology in Business in NCI.
    (such a long title I keep forgetting what it's called)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Here lads, I'm feeling a bit down now. :( My brother told me that IT Sligo isn't an actual college, and when my granny called to see how it went she asked was I disappointed when I said I got an offer from Sligo. Now I'm worried everyone else from my year is thinking the same thing as my bro and granny and making fun of me behind my back or something. :( I mean, it's a Level 8 College and it's nationally recognized (twelfth best college in the country like) so I don't see why they'd be acting that way?

What do ye think, I was thrilled this morning but their response is making me think I should repeat. I mean, the course sounds great to me but IDK at the moment... :( I just HATE that there's some stigma with ITs, I mean NUIG students are taking the piss out of GMIT students all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Here lads, I'm feeling a bit down now. :( My brother told me that IT Sligo isn't an actual college, and when my granny called to see how it went she asked I was disappointed when I said I got an offer from Sligo. Now I'm worried everyone else from my year is thinking the same thing as my bro and granny and making fun of me behind my back or something. :( I mean, it's a Level 8 College and it's nationally recognized (twelfth best college in the country like) so I don't see why they'd be acting that way?

What do ye think, I was thrilled this morning but their response is making me think I should repeat. I mean, the course sounds great to me but IDK at the moment... :(

Do what makes you happy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kaneo71

You shouldn't feel down about going to college? If you're doing a course that you like then don't let anyone else stop you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Here lads, I'm feeling a bit down now. :( My brother told me that IT Sligo isn't an actual college, and when my granny called to see how it went she asked I was disappointed when I said I got an offer from Sligo. Now I'm worried everyone else from my year is thinking the same thing as my bro and granny and making fun of me behind my back or something. :( I mean, it's a Level 8 College and it's nationally recognized (twelfth best college in the country like) so I don't see why they'd be acting that way?

What do ye think, I was thrilled this morning but their response is making me think I should repeat. I mean, the course sounds great to me but IDK at the moment... :(

As someone whos gotten stick this morning for taking law over science, id say that as long as your happy, screw everyone else. I was unbelieveably happy when i knew i got my course, then i was told that i wouldnt amount to anything if i did it. I would hate doing something i didnt want to do and taking the place of someone who would want it over me (doesnt help that my sister is a scientist!) I just keep telling myself that the day i lets others opinions affect what i want to do in life, is the day i give up. Cheer up bud. Your going to college!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Wesc. wrote: »
    Mathematical Science - NUIG :) Turns out my friends sister is doing that course too XD :P

And me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Wesc. wrote: »

And me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 IMartinsson

Oh btw! Any international students who got offered a place at NUIM? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Here lads, I'm feeling a bit down now. :( My brother told me that IT Sligo isn't an actual college, and when my granny called to see how it went she asked was I disappointed when I said I got an offer from Sligo. Now I'm worried everyone else from my year is thinking the same thing as my bro and granny and making fun of me behind my back or something. :( I mean, it's a Level 8 College and it's nationally recognized (twelfth best college in the country like) so I don't see why they'd be acting that way?

What do ye think, I was thrilled this morning but their response is making me think I should repeat. I mean, the course sounds great to me but IDK at the moment... :( I just HATE that there's some stigma with ITs, I mean NUIG students are taking the piss out of GMIT students all the time.

Lecturers tend to have a better relationship with students in IT's. A level 8 degree is a level 8 degree no matter where you go in Ireland! When you start college it won't matter where you are because you will have a great time! I'm going to DIT and I seriously could not be happier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Never mind any of that. My cousin did a course there years ago and now has a great job out in Oz (he went out there pre-recession). Doesn't mean the same thing will happen to you but just showing you there's no need to feel like you're missing out cos of what a few people think. You're going to college, to do a course you are excited about doing and you will hopefully come out with a degree in that course in 3/4 years time. Enjoy it and enjoy your course.

As to why some people act that way... some people can't see past Trinity and the NUI's. You only live once, go do what you want to do and don't be worried about living up to other people expectations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Glitter_star94

Are all the offers given out now until the 30th?

Advertisement