Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iherb.com- discount code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Got my package today. I guess US postage is just slower than usual at the moment! Everything in perfect from iHerb as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,057 ✭✭✭✭Esel

For the normal (air mail) shipping option, iHerb Fedex it to Germany, and it is posted from there.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Thinking of using iHerb for the first time today but I can't make my mind up as to which postal method to use. I am looking to buy some Glucosamine Chondroitin.

Alot of people say that iHerb is very good but delivery by international post hasn't been reliable lately.

So I was thinking of paying the extra few $ to go by DHL. Mainly for the tracking and that my package would be refundable if lost.

On iHerb's checkout page they have feedback from Irish customers which says regular post to Ireland is OK up to $50-60 and up to $100 for DHL.

Has anyone ever used DHL from iHerb? Have you been ever caught by customs?

My package should be less than $60.

And does anyone know the max value of nutritional supplements allowed by post from the USA?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

over 22 euro, they can charge vat. but usually let you off if the charge is less than 6 euro. So you can order up to 28 euro and be ok.

I always use airmail and its been 8 day delivery and I keep it under 28 euro. I've not had a problem doing this.
    The couriers will defo nail you for any extra charges and charge you their own fee on top for delaying them.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

paultf wrote: »
    Thinking of using iHerb for the first time today but I can't make my mind up as to which postal method to use. I am looking to buy some Glucosamine Chondroitin.

Alot of people say that iHerb is very good but delivery by international post hasn't been reliable lately.

So I was thinking of paying the extra few $ to go by DHL. Mainly for the tracking and that my package would be refundable if lost.

On iHerb's checkout page they have feedback from Irish customers which says regular post to Ireland is OK up to $50-60 and up to $100 for DHL.

Has anyone ever used DHL from iHerb? Have you been ever caught by customs?

My package should be less than $60.

And does anyone know the max value of nutritional supplements allowed by post from the USA?
    Regular airmail is fine,the couriers can stick you with a an extra charge.
    <Snip> is the code to get $10 dollars of your first order.
    Happy shopping,fantastic site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Mentioned that before and I might be incorrect but Vitamins are food supplements and there is no VAT on food here as far as I know so they can't charge you VAT on something that has no VAT in the first place. Ordered several times always $50-$60 or so and never got stung by customs.

Either it's luck or the case that there is no VAT on food supplements (Vitamins)

Maybe someone else knows for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,057 ✭✭✭✭Esel

earlyapex wrote: »
    over 22 euro, they can charge vat. but usually let you off if the charge is less than 6 euro. So you can order up to 28 euro and be ok.
    Is your reasoning / maths correct there?

For the VAT to be €6, the value before tax would be €26.

Also, in my experience, any package coming from outside the EU via courier is very likely to attract duty/tax (depending on value).

The standard international mail option is much better in this regard. Package goes Fedex to Germany, then it is mailed from there - so much less possibility of being stopped by customs.

Not your ornery onager

Thanks for the replies and advice.

I placed my first order for Glucosamine + Chondroitin and the order value came to $47. I also got a $10 discount for a first time order.

I sent via international post so hopefully it'll be delivered OK.

Seems to be a good site. Good prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Esel wrote: »

The standard international mail option is much better in this regard. Package goes Fedex to Germany, then it is mailed from there - so much less possibility of being stopped by customs.

I wouldn't agree with that. I spend over €65 on an order in early August and I never received it..

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

i have just ordered of them will let you know when i get it. a friend ordered stuff two times of them them no issue.

<SNIP>

MOD EDIT: Please do not post referral codes.

• Advertisement

el diablo wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree with that. I spend over €65 on an order in early August and I never received it..

On checkout the information below is available on iHerb. If this survey is accurate then maybe you just went over the limit? For international airmail $50-$60 have been delivered OK.

"CURRENT CUSTOMER FEEDBACK (from August, 2012 Survey)
    • Orders over $100 shipped via UPS will be charged a Value Added Tax and a Duty
    • Order was held until VAT and Handling Fees were Paid
    • Orders around $50 to $60 shipped via Postal Service has not encountered any problems with customs.
    • International Airmail - Average Delivery for Ireland is 6 Days."

On checkout the information below is available on iHerb. If this survey is accurate then maybe you just went over the limit? For international airmail $50-$60 have been delivered OK.

"CURRENT CUSTOMER FEEDBACK (from August, 2012 Survey)
    • Orders over $100 shipped via UPS will be charged a Value Added Tax and a Duty
    • Order was held until VAT and Handling Fees were Paid
    • Orders around $50 to $60 shipped via Postal Service has not encountered any problems with customs.
    • International Airmail - Average Delivery for Ireland is 6 Days."

My order was just below $80 plus the $5 postage. "Live chat" are fairly clueless. They just keep on spouting the same rubbish. "delivery times can vary" etc. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭opus

Got an email from iHerb today that they have an extra 10% off orders over $60 'til Sept 30th.
    Dear iHerb Customer,

Just a reminder --for the next 4 days, through September 30th, you'll receive an extra 10% off all orders of $60.00 or more.
    The extra discount will show up after you have signed into your account.

My order never arrived. I've been scammed by this shower of *****.

Lots of reports online about non delivery of orders so it looks like I'm not the only one. :mad:

el diablo wrote: »
    My order never arrived. I've been scammed by this shower of *****.

Lots of reports online about non delivery of orders so it looks like I'm not the only one. :mad:

I see from your earlier post you ordered early August.

I placed an order (~$47) 10 days ago so I am now starting to wonder.

What happens when customs stop an order? Do they get in touch to give you a chance to pay the excess?

What happens when customs stop an order? Do they get in touch to give you a chance to pay the excess?

Yeah, I'm waiting since 5th August. :( I think customs will contact you if they have your package.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Hi there,

Just to let you know my experience- I placed my order on the 16th September ($61) and it arrived to my house on the 24th. It was my first order with iherb and I admit I was very on the fence about even placing the order but my experience with them has been wholly positive- couldn't believe my package arrived so quickly! I also escaped any customs charges etc. I would definitely order from them again in future. So don't lose hope yet!

I ordered 76 dollars worth of home products from them on the 25th of Sept,my order arrived today without a glitch.

Just to say my order from iHerb arrived this morning.

The order I got will keep me going for a few months but I am not sure if I will place another order with them in the future.

I know alot of people say they have ordered multiple times with no problems. But some people are not getting their orders. So I am not really sure it is worth taking the chance?

Anyways, after more searching online, I found a few Irish sites that have a supplement similar to one I purchased from iHerb. Works out a small bit more expensive but at least I'll be sure of delivery as it's through a courier. Plus if there are any problems I will be dealing with a Irish company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

using them for 3years and never had a problem with them, great service and great value

• Advertisement

siochain wrote: »
    using them for 3years and never had a problem with them, great service and great value

I would've said the same till a couple of months ago. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭opus

Looks like it's free international delivery all the time now going by the email I got today...
    We are happy to announce that iHerb is now permanently offering International Airmail free of charge for orders over $40!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭irbx

irbx wrote: »
    i have just ordered of them will let you know when i get it. a friend ordered stuff two times of them them no issue.

got my order last thur the 4th. it came via germany but there was customs sticker on it saying from U.S. ( got no extra charges)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

opus wrote: »
    Looks like it's free international delivery all the time now going by the email I got today...
    I never seem to get those emails telling me of the free shipping...but good news, thanks. Have an order waiting for the free delivery:)

A bit off topic but has anyone ever ordered pet supplements from iHerb?

I looking to get some joint aid supplements for my dog. I am wondering will they get through customs and how the package will be labeled? (The value of the package will be less than $50.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I looking to get some joint aid supplements for my dog. I am wondering will they get through customs and how the package will be labeled? (The value of the package will be less than $50.)

Have never ordered pet supplements but now might take a look to see what they have:pac: The boxes are labeled "nutritional supplements" (or similar) and it doesn't seem to matter what products are actually in the box. I have sometimes had orders which would be all beauty/cosmetic items and the label still says the same. Have never once gotten stopped for customs. My orders would usually $35-$50 price.

I just got a package today,got neem oil shampoo for my dog and the usual winter supplements to battle the winter climate.
    My order was under 60 dollars,tool a week no problems.

Great news free shipping to
    Ireland on orders over 40 dollars,use IVO218 to get 10 dollars off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How often do they do free shipping to ireland? Atm there is a code for free shipping or a code for 10 off. As the shipping is 6 the code for free shipping is better. If the free shipping over 40 came back that would be 16 off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

How often do they do free shipping to ireland? Atm there is a code for free shipping or a code for 10 off. As the shipping is 6 the code for free shipping is better. If the free shipping over 40 came back that would be 16 off.

What is the free shipping code (I assume min. amount of 40$) please? And the 10 off? Thanks.

Advertisement