Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20 2013 6 nations and junior world cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭WorldRugby99

I thought the irish lads played very well today. As others have said-plenty that could get provincial game time- I have always thought that while it makes the irish teams strong in terms of heineken cup,only having 4 teams does have the one drawback that young talent perhaps doesnt always get meaningful games early enough. it would be a pity if some of these players just disappear into the A teams.

dont think its any good having a go at the armericans.its the luck of the draw-some years you benefit,some you dont.Whats stupid is basing rankings solely on previous years performance,when teams change so much at U20 level. Means some pools are easier than others some years-wales for example pulled off one huge upset last year,got an easy group this year,qualified,so may get easier pool next year again.

safrica look the team to beat again though. Having dominated for so many years,either gap is closing or nz just havent had a good couple of years crop wise-like last year some talented enough individuals but as a team not that great,and mistake ridden.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

decisions wrote: »
    Score update from the Boks game?

half time SA 8 france 7

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HughMann

Just a quick query because I think I'm missing something but don't each Pool Winner automatically progress along with the best runner up. This is how it looked to me on the IRB site http://www.irb.com/jwc/rules/index.html. With England having equal points and a better scores total than us doesn't that mean we're already out? Apologies if this has been cleared up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Oh well SA now 15-7 up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

HughMann wrote: »
    Just a quick query because I think I'm missing something but don't each Pool Winner automatically progress along with the best runner up. This is how it looked to me on the IRB site http://www.irb.com/jwc/rules/index.html. With England having equal points and a better scores total than us doesn't that mean we're already out? Apologies if this has been cleared up already.
    the best runner up out of the 3 pools progresses to the semis. 3 pool winners plus one runner up into 4 semi final spots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 HughMann

the best runner up out of the 3 pools progresses to the semis. 3 pool winners plus one runner up into 4 semi final spots

Cheers, I had been looking at a table that hadn't been updated and mistakenly though that SA had already sewn up top spot in England's pool. Makes sense now thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

France 12-18 SA. Must be 55-65 minutes in by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭NU8

matthew8 wrote: »
    France 12-18 SA. Must be 55-65 minutes in by now.

I'm watching it here. It's 55 minutes. SA look better but France seem capable of scoring from anywhere, as cliched as that sounds it's true. Both fullbacks are ridiculously good!

england
    ireland
    new zealand
    wales
    argentina (all played 3 games)
    south africa (2games)

conceeded 250 points (24 trys).

usa alone conceeded 251 points and 39 trys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

NU8 wrote: »
    I'm watching it here. It's 55 minutes. SA look better but France seem capable of scoring from anywhere, as cliched as that sounds it's true. Both fullbacks are ridiculously good!

What channel is it on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

So it looks like we'll be coming up against France for the 5th Place semi-finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

France try and conversion to come...

One more converted try by France and we're through

france try, conversion to come 18-17
    edit, france 19-18

Eod100 wrote: »
    What channel is it on?

It's on France4, don't think you can get it in Ireland. I'm in France :o

France score under the posts after some powerful carrying from their loosehead.

France 19-18 up with 14 minutes left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Mon the frogs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

if france win are we through or whats the crack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

19-18 France great match !

duckysauce wrote: »

We need them to deny SA either bonus point I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

duckysauce wrote: »
    We also need South Africa not to get losing BP

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

This French team are talented but they're an awful crowd of headless gobsh*tes at times! They're playing with great intensity, but their errors mean that they could still lose this game when they could well be 10-15 ahead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Allez les blues....as a Munster man, i never thought I'd say that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

SA 21-19 France

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

we've come close the past 2 years , next year should be our year - lots of very talented players coming through - beating NZ is always going to be hard , but I'd say next year is our best chance with a bit of luck and key players fulfilling ther potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

thebaz wrote: »
    we've come close the past 2 years , next year should be our year - lots of very talented players coming through - beating NZ is always going to be hard , but I'd say next year is our best chance with a bit of luck and key players fulfilling ther potential.

how many of the current squad will be available next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭bilston

thebaz wrote: »

We'll see but this years team was made up of a lot of the guys who won the U18 Euros in 2011. How did our 19s and 18s go this year?

Anyway winning these competitions is fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, it's about developing players and when you see the Byrne brothers, Leavy, Joyce, Farrell, Sweetman, Scholes and the rest you would have to think that the future is pretty bright.

how many of the current squad will be available next year?
    Dooley, Leavy, Adam Byrne, Timmins and Jack O Donoghue and Alex Wooten who had been called up due to injurys during tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

bilston wrote: »
    We'll see but this years team was made up of a lot of the guys who won the U18 Euros in 2011. How did our 19s and 18s go this year?

Anyway winning these competitions is fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, it's about developing players and when you see the Byrne brothers, Leavy, Joyce, Farrell, Sweetman, Scholes and the rest you would have to think that the future is pretty bright.

Alright, 18s were let down by a pack that couldn't compete but had some talented backs, if the 19s had a decent pack they could give the younger backs a platform. Hard to know how many of the 18s will step up next year though.

bilston wrote: »
    19s played 2 games, v England and France. Lost both, losing to England 16-15 and France 20-14.
    19s game v England was a good one. Sean O Brien was 2nd row and very very impressive with Jack O Donoghue at 8 very good also. 19s lost to a much bigger English pack

18s youths played series of friendlies(though were due to be in FIRA) against Scotland, Italy, France and England.
    18s schools won quarter final of FIRA narrowly to Georgia but lost out in semis to France

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Game is up now.

Try SA with 1 min to go.

Fight for 5th now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

ah damnit ! Colby show to finish... game over

Advertisement