Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on Desperados

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Not had that one, but I like BFM: not afraid to experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

On the question of "Mexican style beer":

Many people would agree that there is a Mexican style as typified by Corona and Sol - often termed Mexican Cerveza. Personally, I'd call it light lager in a clear bottle!
    Desperados, however comes no where near this in style as it is flavoured with tequila and lime.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

On the question of "Mexican style beer":

Many people would agree that there is a Mexican style as typified by Corona and Sol - often termed Mexican Cerveza. Personally, I'd call it light lager in a clear bottle!
    Desperados, however comes no where near this in style as it is flavoured with tequila and lime.
    Exactly. That was the genuine question that I was asking, but I was told to stop "nit picking"

I was genuinely curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'd call it light lager in a clear bottle!
    But many drink their "mexican beer" with lime in it, this tradition of jamming lime or lemon in the mexican bottle neck. One proposed reason for this tradition is to mask the taste of the skunkiness cause by them using a clear bottle.

I know a guy who goes mental if he gets no lime in corona in a pub, yet he NEVER has it in any other beer. He looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked if he ever even tried lime/lemon in his heineken. Really bizarre how some people do not logically think about what they drink.

I have never tasted it but guessed desparados was a beer similar to corona, but then with lime & tequila added.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

rubadub wrote: »
    I have never tasted it but guessed desparados was a beer similar to corona, but then with lime & tequila added.

load of sugar too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

All i will say is that if you like Desperados, then you probably won't like actual beer.

Advertisement