Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on Desperados

Options
  • 09-08-2012 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

What's your opinion on desperados? I know alot of people think it's not "real beer" but I think it's quite tasty and would happily drink a bottle.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Vile

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Better than corona and bud, worse than Stella and heiniken.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I know alot of people think it's not "real beer"
    I'm one of that lot. It's Bacardi Breezer marketed to boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

BeerNut wrote: »
    It's Bacardi Breezer marketed to boys.

Ha! fair enough , but in truth, you'd still drink a bottle of Bacardi breezer because it's tasty. couldn't stomach more than one though, too sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

What's your opinion on desperados? I know alot of people think it's not "real beer" but I think it's quite tasty and would happily drink a bottle.

Absolutely awful piss. I drank a half bottle of it before and it instantly turned my stomach. Even throwing a shot of vodka into a pint doesn't taste as awful as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Possibly the worst liquid masquerading as beer that I've ever tasted.

you'd still drink a bottle of Bacardi breezer because it's tasty.
    If it were I would but it's not so I wouldn't.

right, so I've got the general consensus on desperados, cheers. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

right, so I've got the general consensus on desperados, cheers. :rolleyes:

I guess that makes it an under-appreciated niche drink. If you like it, drink it, but just so you know there are few drinks that are universally liked on this forum, maybe metalman is the closest thing to somethig everyone here likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Terrible stuff.

• Advertisement

metalman is the closest thing to somethig everyone here likes.
    I'll make a point of trying it then, would fran well have it?
    Also, I didn't post this because desparados is my favorite drink or anything, I just knew there were mixed opinions on it and wanted to see what the people on here thought.

metalman is the closest thing to somethig everyone here likes.
    Also, I didn't post this because desparados is my favorite drink or anything, I just knew there were mixed opinions on it and wanted to see what the people on here thought.

Quite possibly, although with rebel red straight from the source it's hard to drink anything else there!

I'll make a point of trying it then
    They're doing a meet-the-brewer with free beer at the Mardyke on Sheares Street tomorrow at 8.

Rotten stuff altogether, had one sip, spat it out and poured the bottle down the sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

From their own website:
    Desperados is for free spirits who are always ready for a wild experience.

That alone is enough to put you off it.

They're doing a meet-the-brewer with free beer at the Mardyke on Sheares Street tomorrow at 8.

Any more info on this BeerNut? Might head along.

At the Mardyke? which part of it? might head along to it so..

Metalman wrote:
    We'll be in The Mardkye tomorrow evening at 8pm for a meet-the-brewer session. Free beer and nibbles, spread the good word!
    From Twitter. That's all I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The Abbot's has Metalman Pale Ale on tap at the moment.

On the OP:
    It's not that I don't consider it to be 'real beer', I don't consider it to be beer in any sense.

The Abbot's has Metalman Pale Ale on tap at the moment.

On the OP:
    It's not that I don't consider it to be 'real beer', I don't consider it to be beer in any sense.

So its not a fermented beverage made from water yeast grains hops and sugars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

A friend of mine used to have a saying when he lived in France (Desperados is French)

"Desperate Times, Desperados."

I've never been desperate enough so I can't judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

So its not a fermented beverage made from water yeast grains hops and sugars?

I suspect not!

Bit off topic but I went in to the meet the brewers last night. Got two free pints of Metalman pale ale and a quick chat with the people from Metalman. I haven't been in the Mardyke in years, not since it was called Bruno's anyway. Totally different set up in there now. They have a very good beer selection in there, a sign at the door said over 70 beers available. Very good grub in there too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Bit off topic but I went in to the meet the brewers last night. Got two free pints of Metalman pale ale and a quick chat with the people from Metalman. I haven't been in the Mardyke in years, not since it was called Bruno's anyway. Totally different set up in there now. They have a very good beer selection in there, a sign at the door said over 70 beers available. Very good grub in there too.

Only 70? ;)

irish_goat wrote: »
    Only 70? ;)

Pretty good for one of the city centre pubs I thought!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Pretty good for one of the city centre pubs I thought!

Think he means there's actually a lot more than 70 in stock there, it's a lovely spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

As bottled beers go,I love it.

I drink Guinness normally but was in Holland last week and it was the only beer I could stomach.Its not nearly as gassy as Corona,Bud etc and I dont like the taste of Heineken etc.

Its easy to drink and I like the taste so thats all that matters to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Its main ingredient is sugar, Its like that VK beer that they tried to get men to drink its like VK blue but for men. (they have there own type of Desperados now)

Id say its aimed at the 16 to 22 year olds, who like sweet drinks, Many teenagers start on Cider as its sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

For the few Desperados fans here, LIDL's mexican range beer tastes identical and is much cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

A few bottles of Desperados and you are guaranteed to have the most acidic reflux taste in your mouth the next day. Tastes alright going down but the gawks the next day would put me off it.

Advertisement