Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Is that a given?

Desperation for new (superhero) film content will surely drive interest / subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭techdiver

They surely have to release it at the same time on some platform in other parts of the world. I've seen nothing this as of yet. I see WW84 is available on Sky Store and also to rent on Prime Video, so I assume both of those providers could distribute in Europe. The issue though is WW84 is a long time past it's streaming release in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Is that a given?

Well perhaps I'm assuming stuff there, but I noticed Snyder has been doing interviews with international fan channels that were part of the "movement".

I'm mean it's easy to think the campaign was just in America but that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭ThePott

While it definitely has international appeal.
    South America I've notice in particular (Brazil especially), I think popular might be a bit of a reach.

I don't think the Snyder Cut is as well known to the mainstream as people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

pixelburp wrote: »
    Desperation for new (superhero) film content will surely drive interest / subscriptions.

I'm not saying there isn't an audience for it but I just don't think that desperation stretches to watching a new four hour cut of a movie that was critically panned and flopped at the box office. Obviously Whedon's version was a mess but I honestly don't think JL would have been much more successful had Snyder remained in control because regardless of who was directing WB just failed to build up an audience or any form of anticipation for a JL movie or those characters bar Superman and Batman who most people are familiar with anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

When is the Snyder Cut due?

I have been wondering how they plan to release it internationally.

Also have any of the cast (other than Fisher) spoken about the behind the scenes problems involving Whedon and Geoff Johns?

When is the Snyder Cut due?

I have been wondering how they plan to release it internationally.

Also have any of the cast (other than Fisher) spoken about the behind the scenes problems involving Whedon and Geoff Johns?
    It's due for release some point in March and there are indications it will be available internationally on the likes of Google Film and Roku.

Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot have both commented on the situation when Whedon took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

It's due for release some point in March and there are indications it will be available internationally on the likes of Google Film and Roku.

Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot have both commented on the situation when Whedon took over.

I had googled it but not thing came except about Fisher until searched Momoa Whedon and Gadot Whedon.

I hope the Snyder Cut gets to iTunes or Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

March 18th, the date before Falcon and the Winter Soldier too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm going to take a wild guess and say Snyder's Justice League will be available on Sky Atlantic here?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say Snyder's Justice League will be available on Sky Atlantic here?

sky's deal with HBO came in in 2019 and is for 5 years so sky will have the rights

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This was originally planned as a HBO max release, yet it's being included with all the films being released in cinema and online so does it fall into the 30 availability and On Demand here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭techdiver

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Sky in general use far too aggressive compression which destroys content. It would be the last place I would want to source movie content. Even their on demand has poor quality.

It appears Google Play have removed the film from their upcoming list and the Amazon Prime rumour has come to nothing so far.

Bit of a head scratcher for the UK and Ireland territory. A theatrical release doesn't appeal even if cinemas are back open by then.

It appears Google Play have removed the film from their upcoming list and the Amazon Prime rumour has come to nothing so far.

Bit of a head scratcher for the UK and Ireland territory. A theatrical release doesn't appeal even if cinemas are back open by then.

It won't get a theatrical releases and I don't think that was ever on the cards.

It won't get a theatrical releases and I don't think that was ever on the cards.

Snyder said they were looking into it in some territories.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nothing's impossible, but it does seem unlikely given I can't see any specific western territory opening their cinemas anytime soon. And given the apparent success of WW84 on streaming, WB might have decided there was enough potential online already

Snyder said they were looking into it in some territories.

I could see it getting some screenings for the campaign supporters but I'd be very surprised if it got anything resembling a general release. I just don't think a four hour version of a movie that already flopped will make money especially considering they'd have to invest in some form of marketing. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

I wasn't even getting into whether it would make money or not, all I was saying is that I wouldn't be going to the cinema to watch it IF that's the only choice I had. ;)

• Advertisement

what are peoples expectations for the movie ? the original did look half assed in story and the special effects , steppenwolf looked like it was a cartoon character

peteeeed wrote: »
    what are peoples expectations for the movie ? the original did look half assed in story and the special effects , steppenwolf looked like it was a cartoon character

I expect it to be the most Synder movie we've ever seen - especially his detour into the world of superheroes. My suspicion is that if you weren't onboard his style before The Synder Cut, this will only steer you into full antipathy.

Will be watching this more as a technical exercise, than some expectation of a better film from the Whedon version; that it'll just be bad in different ways :D

I wasn't even getting into whether it would make money or not, all I was saying is that I wouldn't be going to the cinema to watch it IF that's the only choice I had. ;)

And I'm just saying I don't think you'll even have that choice. ;)

peteeeed wrote: »

I think this time around his Batman/Bruce will be less of a knuckleheaded buffoon which will help win some people over.

In the main however it's going to be the best and worst of Snyder on full blast. It's going to be chaos albeit a spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

It may become likely, going from various online rumors, that Zack Snyder's Justice League will be released on 4K UHD Blu-ray/1080p Blu-ray or on Sky Store here if there is no HBO Max available with no official Blu-ray release date announced yet. There was an article on Superhero Hype released some time ago, which gave the March 18th release date, reporting that a Blu-ray release would be available in March of this year if HBO Max does not become available in various countries worldwide.

There is a WB 4K UHD Blu-ray poster, on Blu-ray.com, which has cover art for Zack Snyder's Justice League including WW 1984 & Dune on it as well.

Also today; Warnermedia have said that they are committed to release this film with local & global partners in India with announcing details very shortly.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/entertainment/news/justice-league-snyder-cut-india-release-warnermedia-same-time-fully-committed-2364001

I'm sure it will get a Blu-ray release but by the time it does come out most people interested will have pirated it if it isn't available in an on-demand format. As for the theatrical release people suggested, if not for the pandemic I could see them doing a sort of 'Event' release for one or two nights but no chance of a wide release worldwide IMO. Even before speculating on box office, it would defeat the purpose of trying to boost HBO Max numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Interested to see what he will do with his cut of this; I mean nothing from his past work really suggests this will be Citizen Kane, but I'm sure it will look good.

At the very least it cant be as bad as the previous version.

We've got our first look at Jared Leto's Joker in this; a distinct lack of Try Hard tattoos I notice...

https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/1359180381921046530

• Advertisement

Vanity Fair has a write-up about where his inclusion figures: looks like it'll be the
    dream sequence where Batman has visions of the apocalypse

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/02/jared-leto-joker-justice-league-zack-snyder
    Leto is wearing a hospital gown and surgical mask in the photos Snyder released exclusively to Vanity Fair, which the director says is probably a remnant of his escape into the wild when the world fell. In some of his Justice League scenes, Leto’s Joker also sports a bulletproof vest festooned with grimy law enforcement badges. “He has tons of badges,” Snyder said. “Those are his trophies.”

That's ... a bit much.

Advertisement