Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infergus - Exchange 18/08/2012 - SCV/T6/AE/UMVC3

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Had a good time there today - shame I had to shoot off and didn't get to watch the final. Cheers for organising it, I don't have much experience of these tournaments but it certainly seemed well run to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

yeah maybe it's good the commentary is gone, I think I cursed a bit too much

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Today was a great day. I'm stoked I got to meet the Dublin crowd, and blown away by how friendly it all was. I even got a chance to level up my commentating. If I hadn't left my towel behind, then today would have been literally perfect.

Thanks to Doom for recording, and to Fergus for all the effort he put into organising this. Rest assured it was well appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I really appeciated the Tekken community coming down, playing Kuro opened my eyes that I really need to learn the game :p

If there's tekken casuals still going by the time I move to Dublin which is hopefully within the next 2 weeks, I'm interested in picking up T6 and levelling up Asuka.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

The gain on the xbox recordings is a shame, but at least you can still understand what they're saying :) so it's not as bad as I thought.

Sad that the HDMI function decided to be temperamental today though. I hate how much trial and error is involved with capture cards.

• Advertisement

When did everyone in the world start playing Asuka?!

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

AyJay placing higher than Doom, finally proves once and for all who is the superior Street Fighter.

Congrats AyJay, you have got that fraud on blast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Sound on a lot of the vids are all messed up.

Bollards :(

Gonna have to use analog through the desk instead in the future. :(

I see it's all falling apart without me :P

Ah no, that sucks :( Have you been using a different system for sound since I last did it (which I know was aaaaaaages ago ;_; )? I hope you can get it sorted anyway - and don't worry, chalk it all down to experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Azza wrote: »
    AyJay placing higher than Doom, finally proves once and for all who is the superior Street Fighter.

Congrats AyJay, you have got that fraud on blast!

The had a good first heat, but failed the final test. :D

Newaglish wrote: »
    When did everyone in the world start playing Asuka?!

Since she's even higher tier than Law in TTT2 ;)

Ah no but I've been playing her since forever

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lads I think this officially means I am part of the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=MbUUpFA5l7o&feature=em-comment_received

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I really appeciated the Tekken community coming down, playing Kuro opened my eyes that I really need to learn the game :p

If there's tekken casuals still going by the time I move to Dublin which is hopefully within the next 2 weeks, I'm interested in picking up T6 and levelling up Asuka.
    Well, myself, eoin (skeering), bob (v@grant) and patrick (Witch) are generally there on a saturday! :)

I'm sure skeering would love a protege! ;)

The gain only seems to be bad on my commentary! lol!
    No big deal, i talk ****e anyway! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Naphiel wrote: »
    Is anybody missing a copy of Super? There was one left at the Exchange.
    Ye thats my copy of Super. Should have the receipt in it behind the book. Was amazed the receipt was in the case when i opened it yesterday

Well, myself, eoin (skeering), bob (v@grant) and patrick (Witch) are generally there on a saturday! :)

I'm sure skeering would love a protege! ;)

The gain only seems to be bad on my commentary! lol!
    No big deal, i talk ****e anyway! :P

I'll be happy to accept :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Doom, I can bring good closed headphones next time, maybe we can hear the gain issues with less outside noise & adjust.

Oh my god for the next tournament I'm defo getting more sleep, not breaking those one grabs in the final was torturous to watch back :(

God damn my party all night room-mates.

Still though it was a really nice way to see T6 off, thanks guys :)

BTW do you have my matches against the usurper and vagrant? Can't find them on the channel and really wanted to see them again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Day looked like it was a lot of fun, congrats to Fergus on organising his first tourney.

I'm gutted I couldn't hang around for longer than it took me to eat some Wok-In noodles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Doom, I can bring good closed headphones next time, maybe we can hear the gain issues with less outside noise & adjust.

I think the issue was swapping from PS3 to Xbox without reseting the device?

That's a different issue.

There's no gain the way we were monitoring it, I think the only solution is to do analog sound and motnitor at the last available point (xsplit). It's more than doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

@BigStupidguy:

The match between myself and v@grant was on the other set-up, so wasn't recorded :(
    But it was a really tight set.
    First game he took 3-1, with himself just taking it in the final round with us both on rage.
    The second game finished 3-2, both on rage again, and me failing to break a 2-grab to lose! :(

He's a better player, so was glad to see him go through :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭batman_oh

tekken final looks good, glad there was a decent tournout.
    would like to get a few games at some stage but will maybe just pick up TTT2when it arrives

@BigStupidguy:

The match between myself and v@grant was on the other set-up, so wasn't recorded :(
    But it was a really tight set.
    First game he took 3-1, with himself just taking it in the final round with us both on rage.
    The second game finished 3-2, both on rage again, and me failing to break a 2-grab to lose! :(

He's a better player, so was glad to see him go through :)

Cool! But I was kinda asking about my matches against you and vagarant, they were on the setup that was being recorded right? I loved those matches, would like to see them again :)

Cool! But I was kinda asking about my matches against you and vagarant, they were on the setup that was being recorded right? I loved those matches, would like to see them again :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianVonDoom/videos

All the Tekken matches are uploaded there, including the one of you vs Vagrant and Usurper

Don't forget to subscribe while you're there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Damn you Doom, why didn't you record my match vs. Fergus?
    I even got a Perfect (in my loss) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

congrats on your 1st tourney fergus.

sad to see what happened with SC but great that the tekken guys showed up.
    even saw a status update on TYM were someone was talking about irelands, asuka??? (could of been a different char:o) from watching the vids.

@doom, with all your workings with your new device was the whole lag thing sorted out? (that pic with all the wires was crazy)

Just watched back some of the videos, I'm so rusty it's embarrassing! Hadn't played in about a year, couldn't even remember most of my juggles. I think some of the commentators were bemused as to how I got as far as I did! Spent an entire match trying to reverse Raven's knees and elbows and the other matches reversing fresh air

What's TYM?

@Newaglish Don't worry man, did you see the final? My throw breaking was nothing short of shocking! But hey I'll work a little on it and it'll be better for it, I think most Tekken players are rusty right now :)

What's TYM?

http://testyourmight.com/

MK based website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement