Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Saville exposed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Tigger08

I feel very sad hearing all this awful stories. The news is full of so many disturbing stories every day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The Sunday People main headline/story tomorrow in UK is

"Jimmy Saville and the IRA"

Not sure whats its about, but might be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Could be any of the following:
    • IRA threatened to leak information on him if he didn't hand over money for weapons, etc.
    • IRA provided him with protestant children to rape.
    • IRA wanted to employ him after gaining knowledge of how steady his hand was and how adept he was at partaking in illegal activities without getting rumbled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Or maybe he was just an IRA commander.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/columnists/mark-steel/jimmy-savile-scandal-only-the-complete-abolition-of-the-bbc-will-do-16226052.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

And morph is reckoned to have been a playdohaphile

Lol

As a stop-motion figure, poor Morph was interfered with possibly hundreds of times a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The story is that he allegedly threatened people by claiming could call in the IRA to hurt them:
    JIMMY SAVILE boasted he knew members of the IRA who could have his enemies hospitalised.

Investigators probing the sex predator DJ believe he used threats of violence to keep his victims quiet during his 50 years of systematic child abuse.

Savile once bragged to a journalist that he could fix anyone who double-crossed him with just one phone call – with startling claims that he had friends in the Irish terrorist group.

He said: “I know the IRA, men from the IRA and you don’t need to ask these guys twice. All I have to do is call my friends in the IRA. They’ll have someone waking up in hospital the next morning eating their breakfast through a f***ing straw.

“I’m serious, don’t f***ing think I’m not serious. I can get them done – just with a phone call, that’s all it takes, young man.”
    :mad:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Fkn hell!

I read of a few Saville abuse allegations today - ****ing evil cuntt he was if true. A man says he assaulted him as a 12-year-old also.
    He was a patron of a school for vulnerable, troubled kids. So calculating if deliberate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

there's a panorama special monday investigating the newsnight business
    and the DG is in the mix
    -a right mess for the bbc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I can't believe all this...How on earth are people just finding out now?.....

Was everyone so afraid of him?.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

I can't believe all this...How on earth are people just finding out now?.....

Was everyone so afraid of him?.....

Can't help seeing parallels with the church abuse stuff.
    People just seemed to brush it under the carpet back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

M cebee wrote: »
    there's a panorama special monday investigating the newsnight business
    and the DG is in the mix
    -a right mess for the bbc

Are they really going to expose them selfs BBC I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It's kind of strange how everyone kept stuff quiet back then. It wasn't just rural or just urban and it wasn't even just Ireland.

Hootanany wrote: »

Are they really going to expose them selfs BBC I mean.
    prob all a bit silly -internal enquiries haven't a great track record

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Possibly so take everything.....

It's a disgusting, revolting thing to take advantage of a child no matter what the environment is i.e media, entertainment even the Church...(though the lack of Morals there completely blows my mind)..

Words really fail me how evil flourishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

prob all a bit silly -internal enquiries haven't a great track record

As they say in the BBC after internal inquiries :
    "Deputy heads will roll "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Wow just watching this again now and he is really unlikeable. This veneer of charm trying to control everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Wow just watching this again now and he is really unlikeable. This veneer of charm trying to control everything.

Watching this, the bloke was out of his mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Newsnight editor has stepped aside this morning. Tonights Panorama Special (10.35 BBC England, not sure about NI) should be utterly gripping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭goodie2shoes

Never liked Jimmy Sa-vile.
    Always thought he was creepy.

Just goes to show what can happen when people vest too much respect and power in individuals. Not that us Paddys would ever do anything like that?!!:eek:

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    The Newsnight editor has stepped aside this morning. Tonights Panorama Special (10.35 BBC England, not sure about NI) should be utterly gripping.
    dunno
    i reckon it could be tedious enough

dunno
    i reckon it could be tedious enough

sex, drugs(well cigars), rock 'n roll (ok TOTPs).
    lurid goings on, shiny tracksuits, medallions, denial, cover-ups, celebs, threats, allegations, headstones, cheap jewellery ........

ffs what more do you want?

sex, drugs(well cigars), rock 'n roll (ok TOTPs).
    lurid goings on, shiny tracksuits, medallions, denial, cover-ups, celebs, threats, allegations, headstones, cheap jewellery ........

ffs what more do you want?
    it concerns a decision to shelve a programme
    and of course NN and panorama are 2 sides of the same coin

i find the internal machinations of these organisations to be totally riveting. sometimes disturbing, but fascinating nevertheless. each to their own ...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There is near civil war unfolding within the BBC at editorial/channel controller level.

There is near civil war unfolding within the BBC at editorial/channel controller level.

the fact that this very British institution, which purports to stand for truth and justice makes it all the more fascinating imho.

much like the RC church here which claimed to stand for good and we all know how that ended ......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the fact that this very British institution, which purports to stand for truth and justice makes it all the more fascinating imho.

well a least they're facing up to it and being self-critical...something you'd hardly ever see with the likes of RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Leave the hyperbole to the Daily Mail. Good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Advertisement