Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finlux 42" 3d LED on ebay unreal Bargin?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

stevek93 wrote: »
    Relax mate.

Just don't appreciate smart arse's saying they'd have a laugh over other people losing money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gav197

Hi all He`s sent me a message saying the Tv`s on its way, Please Wait 20-30 Days for Receiving!:}} I asked him for prove of postage with weight and tracking:} This is unreal, I assume he`s trying to get the funds out of paypal before we Claim, But I`ve already opened Mine against him so I`m waiting to hear back about that from paypal, Re any negative posts I won`t be Responding as Attention seekers are To be ignored in My book and says more about them as people than they realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

gav197 wrote: »
    Hi all He`s sent me a message saying the Tv`s on its way, Please Wait 20-30 Days for Receiving!:}} I asked him for prove of postage with weight and tracking:} This is unreal, I assume he`s trying to get the funds out of paypal before we Claim, But I`ve already opened Mine against him so I`m waiting to hear back about that from paypal, Re any negative posts I won`t be Responding as Attention seekers are To be ignored in My book and says more about them as people than they realise.

It is because of gullible people that these scams exist. By buying you are encouraging this type of crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Relax mate.

Just don't appreciate smart arse's saying they'd have a laugh over other people losing money.

Neither do i there just just scum if you ask me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Harvey Normans are selling off loads of TVs today in a bank holiday "marquee sale".

Shop soiled and transport damaged items (usually just the packagaing gets damaged and the TV is spot on).

Might be worth a trip for a good bargain on a TV??

• Advertisement

Relax mate.

Neither do i there just scum if you ask me.

Thanks for your input Doctor.

Thankyou.

At least you will know what the problem was and is in years to come.;)

paddy147 wrote: »
    Harvey Normans are selling off loads of TVs today in a bank holiday "marquee sale".

Shop soiled and transport damaged items (usually just the packagaing gets damaged and the TV is spot on).

Might be worth a trip for a good bargain on a TV??

Not if i would trust that is there any return if the tv doesn't work?

Well,you have a reciept and an actual shop to go back to...if the TV didnt work.;)

I picked up a new Samsung 26 inch TV for 75 euro out there in Swords around April of last year.Handy to have as a spare TV or for the kids.

Well,you have a reciept and an actual shop to go back to...if the TV didnt work.;)

I picked up a new Samsung 26 inch TV for 75 euro out there in Swords around April of last year.Handy to have as a spare TV or for the kids.

Jasus thats very good. Have a old crt in sitting room family won't buy a new till it break just praying it going to blow up soon so i can get a nice lcd. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Jasus thats very good. Have a old crt in sitting room family won't buy a new till it break just praying it going to blow up soon so i can get a nice lcd. :P
    saw a 32" hd finilux for 249 but it was sold :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

I don't know who this is selling here but I'd out serious money on it being the guy that did the Police Baliff ebay sales scam a year or so back.

I'll dig out a link.

So this is the old con trick in detial here if anyone wants a very long read, seems he got stopped in the end http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055652033

Pixmania sometime have good deals on TVs keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

godtabh wrote: »
    That would have put me off straight away

to be fair to the OP that popped up after he ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

Re any negative posts I won`t be Responding as Attention seekers are To be ignored in My book and says more about them as people than they realise.

Fair play to you. Best of luck with the refund. Be interested to see how you get on. Hopefully good news.:)

clerk wrote: »
    Fair play to you. Best of luck with the refund. Be interested to see how you get on. Hopefully good news.:)

Hopefully the seller gets hunted down and locked up. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

OP not trying to rub it in but did you see the link in this other of the seller auctions http://www.ebay.ie/itm/110929698867 to another seller http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/ebuyerexpress where you can see the crook has just copied bits of another sellers listing including the links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Despite there being an absolute knob end posting on it, this is an interesting thread. Don't really use ebay, but hoping OP can keep us posted about outcomes. I wonder how easy / difficult it is to track scammers? I'm lucky I've avoided any to date. My initial reaction was stolen goods, but one look at the seller and I'd stay well clear. Hope you get your cash back OP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Three comments from the sellers page -

"Be very surprised if this item arrives ! E-bay investigating this listing ??"

"scam -do not buy-have reported them to ebay-no answers- ebay do not listen"

"Stay well clear! Lied about item's location - reported to eBay. Pay Pal dispute"

I wouldn't keep my hopes up about this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gav197

Hi all
    Just to let all Know,Paypal refunded Me Yesterday so I`m Very Happy, I Never Mentioned before I got this "daily Deal" from an ebay email so was a little of guard, but the scammer knew this buy using the Daily deal thing as a Lur, I will not jump in so quick again and pay attention to Feedback etc:}
    On a weird aside, I emailed the chap who left Rory positive feedback and he said he ordered 2 sets, 1 from finlux direct and 1 from the listing i Purchased, He said he got Both delivered working from the same Dispatch warehouse? I don`t know if thats true but strange all the same.I just hope that everyone else got a refund too, Thanks For Your Input Guys:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Hi all
    Just to let all Know,Paypal refunded Me Yesterday so I`m Very Happy, I Never Mentioned before I got this "daily Deal" from an ebay email so was a little of guard, but the scammer knew this buy using the Daily deal thing as a Lur, I will not jump in so quick again and pay attention to Feedback etc:}
    On a weird aside, I emailed the chap who left Rory positive feedback and he said he ordered 2 sets, 1 from finlux direct and 1 from the listing i Purchased, He said he got Both delivered working from the same Dispatch warehouse? I don`t know if thats true but strange all the same.I just hope that everyone else got a refund too, Thanks For Your Input Guys:D

In fairness, check out the feedback score in future (the seller's was 20%). I never buy anything with less than 99.7% positive feedback for the seller. Glad you got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

Is it strange that I've been reading this thread and wondering what the op would have done with the most expensive empty box ever?

I think I'd have to keep it and look at it everytime I was tempted into another bargan :-)

Glad it worked out though!

Advertisement