Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finlux 42" 3d LED on ebay unreal Bargin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

His last feedback is 2008 which is one warning sign.
    Previous items were hats and golf clubs (with one TV which was never received)
    "eBays daily deal"? With a contact with 163 transactions? Smells of fish.

If it looks too good to be true.... etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

The seller hasnt bought or sold anything in years.
    Also strange- free shipping by courier from Glasgow? It says delivery in the UK only, then gives times for EU delivery. I would have stayed well clear to be honest. Hope for your sake its ok though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

My scam-o-meter is buzzing like crazy.

27 sold, that's almost €5k! 'More than 10 available'. Be interesting to see the total count.

EDIT: The guy has sold a couple of cars on it in the past. That's hardly going to help with his anonymity if it is a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gav197

Hi Yeah So Do I:} I noticed all Those things Myself But Said Maybe He`s come into stock from some source and with paypal and so many people buying that it will be covered if its a scam on his part, and was worth the risk for that money that if He delivers to say Newry then i could convince him i`d collect there or pay extra for the 2-3hrs drive for the courier..Heres hoping, i`ll post any updates etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Am i looking at his purchase history correctly ?

It says that he has sold 29 since 7.30pm yesterday .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Not a hope will you be getting anything he's selling!

Hijacked account maybe? Suddenly selling in bulk after 4 years dormant?

Hope it works out though, unreal bargain if it's genuine.

It also says that the price has expired since 12 midnight last night

I know, I`m not expecting to get it, just chancing it as I know paypal will refund Me if his account has been hacked or He`s in need of fast Cash!:} or He Says UK only Post etc.

• Advertisement

Pj! wrote: »

He sold the 53 x Nexus 7 since 6.45pm last night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

gav197 wrote: »
    I know, I`m not expecting to get it, just chancing it as I know paypal will refund Me if his account has been hacked or He`s in need of fast Cash!:} or He Says UK only Post etc.

Sorry to be the party pooper, but if he sends you an empty box you won't get a refund unless ebay have changed their policies.

Next day delivery but he puts them online on the Friday evening of a bank holiday.
    That's some key timing right there. It gives 5 days before people can expect to get the item delivered.

Saturday morning now and he's already good to the tune of €15,000.

Jesus mcgovern don`t say that i`ve just bought the most expensive box ever!:}
    I hope Your Wrong Big time:{

Next day delivery but he puts them online on the Friday evening of a bank holiday.
    That's some key timing right there. It gives 5 days before people can expect to get the item delivered.

And gives him time to withdraw the funds from Paypal too.........

According to his eBay listings , - he has 14,619.56 euro worth since 5pm yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Jesus mcgovern don`t say that i`ve just bought the most expensive box ever!:}
    I hope Your Wrong Big time:{

When/if the box arrives I'd weigh it before signing for it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yep, I can remember seeing an episode of The Real Hustle, and Bank Holidays/Internet buying, was a big scam.. Wish i'd paid more attention/can remember the scam..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/110929700906?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3502wt_1271

And gives him time to withdraw the funds from Paypal too.........

According to his eBay listings , - he has 14,619.56 euro worth since 5pm yesterday.

Also, that amount in a short time, and his previous history should raise a few red flags on Paypal.

All 4 items taken down.

If you can cancel your payment do it now Gav.

• Advertisement

Also. It was over £200 cheaper then FinluxDirect, with their £300 Discount

FinluxDirect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

All 4 items taken down.

If you can cancel your payment do it now Gav.

I predict OP will be getting an email from eBay real soon about this.

Its looking worse by the Second alright, i`ll let you`s know when I hear anything, Mailed Your Man, Ebay and paypal about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Put a paypal claim in straight away. Definitely a scam

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

That's a common misconception with paypal. If he can delay you for 10 working days, then he has enough time to clear out his paypal account. Once his account is empty, paypal will refund you nothing because there is nothing to refund. Paypal is a closed banking system, once the money leaves all security does also.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

Feedback/itemFrom Buyer/priceDate/timeiconNeg_16x16.gifDO NOT BY FROM FAKE SITE YOU WILL HAVE TO CLAME CASH BACK ( no uk mail from themMember ID binman310 ( Feedback score of 263iconTealStar_25x25.gif)
    04-Aug-12

http://feedback.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=rory1828&&_trksid=p4340.l2560&rt=nc&iid=110929700906&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Saturday morning now and he's already good to the tune of €15,000.

It's not a Bank Holiday in England, Wales or NI, just here and Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,121 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

That's a common misconception with paypal. If he can delay you for 10 working days, then he has enough time to clear out his paypal account. Once his account is empty, paypal will refund you nothing because there is nothing to refund. Paypal is a closed banking system, once the money leaves all security does also.

Maybe you're thinking about outside the ebay system or something, here are the details of paypal buyer protection

Hi all, He`s not answering mail surprise surprise:} I put a claim in with paypal already and I reckon they (ebay,Paypal) knew something was up as Usually they force you through the Resolution center for a week or so but on this they escalated to a claim immediately, so I`m hoping thats a good sign for me and all the other buyers re a refund, I reckoned 1st in Best dressed instead of waiting for that box to never arrive:}

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed, Gav. Keep us updated!

Advertisement