Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Tekkit Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

crazymonky wrote: »
    If you want a room in these towers contact me

You should put windows in the upper levels on the main building

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crazymonky

Kenno90 wrote: »
    You should put windows in the upper levels on the main building

Yeah, I was going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

HOW? I want one!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

VinLieger wrote: »
    HOW? I want one!!!!

Redpower motors, easy enough to setup.

• Advertisement

Redpower motors, easy enough to setup.

Thats the gist of it ye, it looks very complex and expensive to make, i'm trying to find a tutorial on it. But i'm also thinking of sliding doors :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If not for the vanilla server's resurrection I would have been making a (working!) airship by now XD I'll probably make a mobile antigrav quarry soon enough too ;)

Solitaire wrote: »
    If not for the vanilla server's resurrection I would have been making a (working!) airship by now XD I'll probably make a mobile antigrav quarry soon enough too ;)

i know, sure when ever i play minecraft my session is always divided.

some days its survival others its tekkit.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Thats the gist of it ye, it looks very complex and expensive to make, i'm trying to find a tutorial on it. But i'm also thinking of sliding doors :p

Its easy enough to do.
    For doors you need to use a good few panels and blocks to stop the motors pushing the frames to far back, if your using pressure plates as you end-up sending a second signal when you step on the plate the other side of the door.

This is a quick test i had put together

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Is there a way to install Tekkit without the Technik launcher (which is buggy as hell)

• Advertisement

Morbert wrote: »
    Is there a way to install Tekkit without the Technik launcher (which is buggy as hell)

I'm not sure, AFAIK everyone here is using the Techiq Launcher as it allows us to still play normal MC.

Are you having problems with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

I'm not sure, AFAIK everyone here is using the Techiq Launcher as it allows us to still play normal MC.

Are you having problems with it?

I got around the major problems. It seems to have been an IPv6 issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cidmon

just been on and noticed spawns been griefed a bit. fixed the monitors as they got rules listed

cidmon wrote: »
    just been on and noticed spawns been griefed a bit. fixed the monitors as they got rules listed

I'm away for the weekend , so i'm not on my normal PC. Will check it out tomorrow,

Thanks Cid

So since the server is kinda dead atm is there anything in suggesting a restart?

VinLieger wrote: »
    So since the server is kinda dead atm is there anything in suggesting a restart?

Your suggestion had been noted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

noes..! am mid-castle, restart wouldnt be good :(

not too sure what positives there are to a restart.. not much demand for land is there? or something Im missing

Wossack wrote: »
    noes..! am mid-castle, restart wouldnt be good :(

not too sure what positives there are to a restart.. not much demand for land is there? or something Im missing

Well it would hopefully get people back playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I'm only not playing because I have yet to get an internet connection in my college house.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Also, due to unforeseen circumstances the Vanilla server lost its map and had to start over. A map reset so soon after theirs will cause severe competition between both servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

//////

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Ignore previous post lads.

I have been in touch with the other lads and I have let them know that I am pulling out of the running of the Tekkit server. Next bill was due by October 1st, so I have decided to request cancellation when the bill is up.

It gives the lads enough time to download and save the map that is currently being used to be uploaded on to a new server if they do so wish. Just don't have the time anymore to run it, nor the money, now that i'm back in college. Had to cancel it as the account was linked to me as well as my paypal so unfortunately it had to be done.

Was fun while it lasted :), I'm sure the lads will upload the map, or start a fresh one on a new server. No one knows :)

Could an admin remove the paypal link on the first post as I don't want people donating me money for the server anymore.

Have fun!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Any chance you could upload your plugins folder in .zip format? I'd like to get a look at the settings you use. Having a little trouble setting mine up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I'll upload them when I'm in college tomorrow, have you a particular one you're having problems with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Ignore previous post lads.

I have been in touch with the other lads and I have let them know that I am pulling out of the running of the Tekkit server. Next bill was due by October 1st, so I have decided to request cancellation when the bill is up.

It gives the lads enough time to download and save the map that is currently being used to be uploaded on to a new server if they do so wish. Just don't have the time anymore to run it, nor the money, now that i'm back in college. Had to cancel it as the account was linked to me as well as my paypal so unfortunately it had to be done.

Was fun while it lasted :), I'm sure the lads will upload the map, or start a fresh one on a new server. No one knows :)

Could an admin remove the paypal link on the first post as I don't want people donating me money for the server anymore.

Have fun!!

That's a shame. Haven't been on it too much myself but I understand it can be a lot of work to run.

Hey Guys,

Just like to thank the people who supported the server and helped us out when we needed it.

It is a shame that it is being shut down but it was fun while it lasted. I'll see if I can get the map uploaded somewhere so users can download it and play it on single player.

I'm definitely still going to play it as I've barely scratched the surface of tekkit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

big shame alright, but totally understandable

be very interested in getting a copy of the map alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Well Feck it. It was loads of fun while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Sorry to hear that lads.

Was a great break from Vanilla. Really enjoyed playing it and will definitely be looking for a download for single player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I put enough iridium for quantam armour in your macerator gav.

Advertisement