Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Tekkit Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Had a lot of fun today. Didn't realise how boring vanilla was by contrast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Guys another machine had to be turned off yesterday due to it causing extreme lag. So much lag that the chunk became corrupt and impossible to rollback.

Once again this was due to people not maintaining them and once their chests are full the contents fall out of the pipes and lag up the server.

Me and Dinty spend some time trying to fix this but a large part of the chunk became corrupted and was removed.

Dinty has put a message up on the screens to warn new players, and a new plugin will be installed over the weekend to deal with stacking dropped items, which should help this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Guys another machine had to be turned off yesterday due to it causing extreme lag. So much lag that the chunk became corrupt and impossible to rollback.

Once again this was due to people not maintaining them and once their chests are full the contents fall out of the pipes and lag up the server.

Me and Dinty spend some time trying to fix this but a large part of the chunk became corrupted and was removed.

Dinty has put a message up on the screens to warn new players, and a new plugin will be installed over the weekend to deal with stacking dropped items, which should help this problem

I'm sorry I'm not round to help. Waiting for pay at the end of the month so I can buy a new charger. :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Personally I think wrists should now be slapped if a manned machine is left running unmanned - any BC/EE-powered semi-infinite machine without item hoovers at drop points being considered a manned machine.

BX 19 wrote: »
    I'm sorry I'm not round to help. Waiting for pay at the end of the month so I can buy a new charger. :o

You just focus on getting yourself up and running :P
    Solitaire wrote: »
    Personally I think wrists should now be slapped if a manned machine is left running unmanned - any BC/EE-powered semi-infinite machine without item hoovers at drop points being considered a manned machine.

Not a bad idea TBH, the next time it happens i'll be getting out the tnt :P

• Advertisement

Thought a few people here would find this interesting :P

Server down?
    EDIT: Nevermind.
    EDIT 2: It comes and goes intermittently for me, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SlowPokeDerp

Botulism wrote: »
    Server down?

Le fuu. Yeah, it's down for me and my friend too.

Server down?
    Le fuu. Yeah, it's down for me and my friend too.

I'm coming on now :)

And were back :D

• Advertisement

And were back :D

Bah, I've already made a new world on SP with advanced machines.

Bah, I've already made a new world on SP with advanced machines.

Yes but just like every other game, MP is better :P

Yes but just like every other game, MP is better :P

I suppose I have a bigger house on the server and I have 250 times the storage capacity.
    On the other hand, I have more oil in single player and I can actually make pumps.

Screw it, I'll have single player for when the college internet goes down.

I suppose I have a bigger house on the server and I have 250 times the storage capacity.
    On the other hand, I have more oil in single player and I can actually make pumps.

Screw it, I'll have single player for when the college internet goes down.

we found pumps very unstable on the server, but just when crafting them, they are fine to use.

If you want some pumps give the materials to a mod/admin and well give you a pump.

*Edit i've started again on the server, as a normal player, decided to use no energy collectors to see how well i do, finding it fun so far

we found pumps very unstable on the server, but just when crafting them, they are fine to use.

If you want some pumps give the materials to a mod/admin and well give you a pump.

*Edit i've started again on the server, as a normal player, decided to use no energy collectors to see how well i do, finding it fun so far

Turns out I can craft them again.

On to a new issue, whenever i place a regular junction track there it gets replaced with a wooden one. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or someone messing with my head, but if it is someone, you've got me freaked well out already.

2012_08_30_122020.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

could be due to the railcraft part of tekkit? not looked into it just yet, but I believe railcraft changes the way alot of the original rail stuff is made

Wossack wrote: »
    could be due to the railcraft part of tekkit? not looked into it just yet, but I believe railcraft changes the way alot of the original rail stuff is made

I made the metal junctions (that are in my hotbar) using the railcraft recipes (There are no junction tracks in the normal game), and when I place them they remain metal, but when I come back later it's become wood.

The normal ones are made using metal rails, the wooden ones with wooden ties. I've never crafted wooden ones.

I made the metal junctions (that are in my hotbar) using the railcraft recipes (There are no junction tracks in the normal game), and when I place them they remain metal, but when I come back later it's become wood.

The normal ones are made using metal rails, the wooden ones with wooden ties. I've never crafted wooden ones.

Its strange alright, i doubt someone is coming and changing it, you look like your in the middle of nowhere.

I you want i can check the logs, but it might be overkill :P

SKUGGAN Banned for 3 day for breaking into peoples house and stealing from them

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SlowPokeDerp

aINhW.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh sweet jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lordkarnge

Please may I be white listed I was on the server before but I left because I wasn't enjoying it I want to have another shot now that I have learned more about Tekit

Minecraft ign:lordkarnge

• Registered Users Posts: 3 luke06

can i get a whitelist please my username lukepower

lordkarnge wrote: »
    Please may I be white listed I was on the server before but I left because I wasn't enjoying it I want to have another shot now that I have learned more about Tekit

Minecraft ign:lordkarnge
    luke06 wrote: »
    can i get a whitelist please my username lukepower

Guys to help us keep track of whitelists we ask you make requests here :)

Kenno

Well, looks like my Vodafone dongle is out of credit, and I'm going to England on Friday. See you all on the 12th when I move back to Sligo and get UPC

You were playing MC using a vodafone dongle, wow that musta been interesting.

I found a video of one guy showing off his base, he isn't using EE

Similar to what i'm trying to do except i'm using Condensers, :P

You were playing MC using a vodafone dongle, wow that musta been interesting.
    I found a video of one guy showing off his base, he isn't using EE
    Similar to what i'm trying to do except i'm using Condensers, :P
    It was a nightmare, when I use buildcraft pipes in my house the game only ever loaded 5 chunks and I had a 20 second waiting period between right clicking a chest and it opening. Needless to say I took apart my scrap factory and water strainers. Only figures that out yesterday, and was about to make pneumatic tubes when I was disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Alright folks of the Minecraft world.

Server payment is due near the end of the month. And if you's would like to see it continue to be hear and running as smoothly as it does then please feel free to donate.

Due to college etc our own pockets are quite tight and not able to afford the server on our own.

All help is appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crazymonky

I can't upload picture, how did you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 crazymonky

If you want a room in these towers contact me, There are two more towerss at the back and the windows are in the top level of the main building.

Advertisement