Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fidelma Healy Eames' train ticket scandal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

mikom wrote: »
    Just fraping someone on Facebook #sexualorientation

I had not seen that, very good Panti!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Played the fraping on Facebook piece again

Full marks to Rabbitte for keeping a straight face

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Where?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Where?

I was looking at a Panti version on this thread, but it seemed close to the original version of the Senator's remarks in SÉ on this.

The shots of Pat Rabbitte were the same in both clips.

I recall at the time wondering how he could keep a straight face as he listened to Sen FDE

Did she join Lucinda's new party i.e. will she be a candidate for Galway West?

• Advertisement

Did she join Lucinda's new party i.e. will she be a candidate for Galway West?
    i'd say she would automatically assume so but lucinda might be cringing at the idea!

i'd say she would automatically assume so but lucinda might be cringing at the idea!

Agreed. I wouldn't give Eames a hope of winning a seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Lucinda has a failed timeshare salesman fronting the party so FDE shouldn't be a problem.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Good news, she's running as an Independent next time out so all those wasted electoral expenses will come straight from her pocket. I'm trying to think of a candidate in Galway who's ran unsuccessfully in General Elections four times in a row and the only one that springs to mind is one of the "local eccentrics" who end up with 12 first preferences or so.

I suppose as a non-party candidate, she could be lacking #politicalorientation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

She was atrocious on local radio this morning.
    Could not answer a question properly and referred to her 'good friend' Ambassador of Croatia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Lucinda Creighton breathes a sigh of relief...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

snubbleste wrote: »
    She was atrocious on local radio this morning.
    Could not answer a question properly and referred to her 'good friend' Ambassador of Croatia
    Has she met the ambassador or is it just some lad who sent her emails offering to fund the campaign in return for an upfront "arrangement fee"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Robbo wrote: »
    Has she met the ambassador or is it just some lad who sent her emails offering to fund the campaign in return for an upfront "arrangement fee"?
    I assume they both have high tea together on a regular basis, discussing culture, by the way she was harping on

I assume they both have high tea together on a regular basis, discussing culture, by the way she was harping on
    Was there talk of Ferrero Rocher? Only way to tell if he's on the level.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

And we all know which one is paying :pac:

J o e wrote: »
    Lucinda Creighton breathes a sigh of relief...

Bigtime. I will go to the next count just to watch Eames' face. She was a howl when Kyne took "her seat" in 2011!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

https://twitter.com/senhealyeames/status/577077279651704832?s=09

Two examples of "states"= 1 private school in New York and 1 school in Canada

I believe the school in Canada banned it by kids themselves as act of solidarity with a pupil who's mother died (nothing to do with SSM)

She really is an embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2015/03/15/keeping-mum/

Ha ha ha, what a clown!

#justsaying

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭todders

She has done a lot for Galway.

• Advertisement

FHE represents everything that is wrong with Irish politics. Clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

todders wrote: »
    She has done a lot for Galway.
    Indeed she has. She has made Galway look good in comparison with the type of constituency which is willing to elect a Healy-Rae or Michael Lowry. She has developed a national profile for being one of the most gaffe prone politicians in the country but we in Galway can proudly say "don't look at us, we didn't elect her". :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Wow that latest one has legs. It's all over Twitter and reddit. A laughing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

This woman is like a bad penny and sums up all that is wrong with politics in this country. Like many politicians though she lives by the mantra that if you are utterly shameless and have a bit of front it'll bring you a fair bit of a way and you can stay aboard the gravy train.

Was really hoping renua might offer some reasonable candidates and given a political situation where its hard to make a credible argument to vote for any party I'd have given them a chance but when I heard she was one of their candidates they have lost me as a potential voter for them. She might be popular around Oranmore as I'm sure she has looked after her constituents there but thankfully we haven't stooped low enough to elect her to the Dáil.

something tells me she's too much of a liability even for renua, i doubt we'll see her again after the next whatever it is senators do to get in....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

you can stay aboard the gravy train.

And expect not to have a ticket... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NickSantigo

She is the gift that just keeps on giving. She is up there with Dana Rosemary Scallon at this stage. I no longer live in Galway but I cringe every-time I see her in the news

She is the gift that just keeps on giving. She is up there with Dana Rosemary Scallon at this stage. I no longer live in Galway but I cringe every-time I see her in the news
    surely worse than dana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NickSantigo

I really can't decide which is worse tbh but lets not be hasty when deciding, at the end of the day Dana has had an assassination attempt in her delusional political career or was it a flat tyre???

Advertisement