Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fidelma Healy Eames' train ticket scandal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

get this up on broadsheet now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I fired off an email to her to see what the story is.

Haven't gotten one of these myself yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

I asked some questions on twitter but unlikely to get a response!
    Fire away on the broadsheet stuff sure. For this campaign there's no copyright on the picture ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

kodute wrote: »
    I asked some questions on twitter but unlikely to get a response!
    Fire away on the broadsheet stuff sure. For this campaign there's no copyright on the picture ;)
    I note in St Fidelmas Letter to the Romans, she describes herself as an "Independent Oireachtas member" yet het Twitter page has FG logos in the background. Seems to be par for the course with the "Reform" Alliance lot, they'll exploit whatever they can from their former party affiliations but then declare themselves independent when it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

Robbo wrote: »
    I note in St Fidelmas Letter to the Romans, she describes herself as an "Independent Oireachtas member" yet het Twitter page has FG logos in the background. Seems to be par for the course with the "Reform" Alliance lot, they'll exploit whatever they can from their former party affiliations but then declare themselves independent when it suits.

Just had quick look at her Twitter page and the background pic is gone!!! She must be reading this thread!!!! Howya Fidelma!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Just had quick look at her Twitter page and the background pic is gone!!! She must be reading this thread!!!! Howya Fidelma!!!!!!

Fidelma, if your reading this, reply to my twitter account! What about my pain and suffering?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I still laugh at the fact that they called it the Reform Alliance.

H'up the RA!

(I don't actually support the RA, nordie and/or non nordie).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Healy Rae / Healy Eames = all the same.

Kodute, do you have the envelope it came in?

Does it have any branding on it?

She replied. She used Oireachtas money for printing and materials but not postage. (I wrote snarkily about it here).
    Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your email.

Oireachtas members are allocated a certain amount of funding and printing facilities for political purposes.

This is to be used in conjunction w/ their parliamentary duties and work as a public representative.

It is a common practice by almost all Oireachtas members to interact with constituents and supply them with information.

Many politicians regularly use their headed notepaper to inform constituents of public meetings, of political events and government announcements/ news etc.

In relation to my letter drop, these invite letters were dropped by volunteers. No Oireachtas postage was used.

Kind regards,

Fidelma

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Now that we have your attention Fidelma, is it kosher to use said allowances to hold yourself out as representing a constituency that never elected you (and never will) when the truth is you "represent" a non-geographic rotten borough?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It does not sit right with me that promoting a party such as the RA comes out of general senate expenditure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    She replied. She used Oireachtas money for printing and materials but not postage.
    Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your email.

Oireachtas members are allocated a certain amount of funding and printing facilities for political purposes.

This is to be used in conjunction w/ their parliamentary duties and work as a public representative.

It is a common practice by almost all Oireachtas members to interact with constituents and supply them with information.

Many politicians regularly use their headed notepaper to inform constituents of public meetings, of political events and government announcements/ news etc.

In relation to my letter drop, these invite letters were dropped by volunteers. No Oireachtas postage was used.

Kind regards,

Fidelma

Seriously, who the fuck is volunteering for this wan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

mikom wrote: »
    Seriously, who the fuck is volunteering for this wan.

Family? The builder she used?

My problems with that reply:

1. She used Oireachtas funds to promote a group/event that is not a political party/Government announcement. That's like Enda sending out leaflets about dog ownership. Irrelevant and a gross misuse of government printing facilities.

2. She has no constituents as she was appointed by the Fine Gael parliamentary party. So she picked the constituency that has rejected her numerous times to do a letter drop on. Another waste of resources and time.

3. The cynic in me tells me this was a shameless self promotion event at a time when she has even less airtime in the media due to self inflicted party defection.

kodute wrote: »
    My problems with that reply:

1. She used Oireachtas funds to promote a group/event that is not a political party/Government announcement. That's like Enda sending out leaflets about dog ownership. Irrelevant and a gross misuse of government printing facilities.
    It's like Enda sending out leaflets about a dog grooming company which he is part-owner of.

Shady goings on at the crowd who fund her "educational trips" but refuse to cooperate with SIPO.

Robbo wrote: »
    Shady goings on at the crowd who fund her "educational trips" but refuse to cooperate with SIPO.
    On foot of the US visit, the Standards in Public Office Commission (SIPO) wrote to both Family and Life and the politicians involved inquiring whether the trip might need to be declared as a donation for political purposes.
    According to a SIPO official, none of the politicians who responded stated that it was a political trip, while Family and Life has denied it is a political lobby group.
    *expletives*

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

sean555 wrote: »
    And was quoting God yesterday at the conference"people get the history they deserve",but it is a Benjamin Franklin quote.

Presume she means that if we don't make her a politician and make her Thacherite abortion led party a goverment we deserve gods wrath.

Have to hand it to her,this multi election reject has a great way of latching on to the papers and publicity in her twin set and pearls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

What are we supposed to be looking at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

That the only other TDs or senators that joined them at their gathering were Mattie McGrath and Ronan Mullen probably tells you everything you need to know about the Reform Alliance.

Mr_A wrote: »
    Ronan Mullen
    Saw him canvassing on Shop Street recently.

Fauxdelma Healy Eames

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did He answer her back and tell her to go to Hell:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Speaking in the Seanad about Gsocgate:
    I was out and about in Galway yesterday and there is much public concern. While the appropriate word might not be “dodgy”, there is certainly a lot of doubt. Questions are being asked about what type of country we are living in and what type of culture this is. We thought we had gone away from that but serious doubts have been raised about penalty points and top-ups. All that is feeding into doubt.

Eh, kettle & pot

0MB2PcFl.jpg?1

#sexualorientation :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Just fraping someone on Facebook #sexualorientation

Advertisement