Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the weirdest firearm you'd like to acquire?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Would love one of these at the moment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Micks guns in the uk is always good for a look at the old, rare or unusual, you'd never know what he'd have.

http://www.micksguns.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

garv123 wrote: »

Would love one of these at the moment :D

Pistol grip and mag capacity... defo need a restricted licence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

bravestar wrote: »
    Pistol grip and mag capacity... defo need a restricted licence :D

Im sure you can plug it to only hold 3 grains of salt :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Had a chance to handle one of these in Kandahar many years ago and still wish I'd bought it. Totally impractical but would be a great conversation piece down the range.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dolne+apache+pistol&hl=en&rlz=1T4ADBR_enIE297IE297&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=BhEbUM6gH5K3hAeb-YHwCQ&ved=0CFcQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=546

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭German pointer

Not one of the weirdest but in MVHO one of the nicest Mauser C96 in orininal 7.63 not the later 9mm copies with full wodden holster:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

rowa wrote: »
    The same as licencing a sako quad or blaser with a spare barrel i'd imagine, though the calibre (.45acp) would mean its restricted even though it has far less muzzle energy than the original non restricted .303 :rolleyes:.

i know mental gun laws here, still dealing with laws from 1890 something regarding black powder for my repro 'bess

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

harmoniums wrote: »
    I've developed a hankering for a Steyr Hanh Semi auto pistol.
    It's a weird looking yoke in 9x23mm, with a integral box mag fed by stripper clip.]

These two were here for the longest time (link below), in great condition, they finally sold. I thought they would still be there for you. Interesting design, pretty nice collector's piece, out of my range. (Click link and scroll down.)

http://www.empirearms.com/pistols.htm

My father brought this back from the India-Burma theater where he served under Lord Mountbatten. My uncle on mom's side was flying "The Hump" in C-46's and when they met up over there, he donated this souvenir to dad. Wiki tells about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator

The good idea fairies flopped on this one, but it made for a great collector item.

6sb1qv.jpg

• Advertisement

EWQuinn wrote: »
    My father brought this back from the India-Burma theater where he served under Lord Mountbatten. My uncle on mom's side was flying "The Hump" in C-46's and when they met up over there, he donated this souvenir to dad. Wiki tells about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator

The good idea fairies flopped on this one, but it made for a great collector item.

6sb1qv.jpg

I think the idea of the liberator was to use it to get something better , knock off a better armed enemy. They were supposed to be as dangerous to the firer as the intended target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I think the idea of the liberator was to use it to get something better , knock off a better armed enemy. They were supposed to be as dangerous to the firer as the intended target.

A 1940's version of the flaming sod of turf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

Something old: M712 Schnellfeuer from sherlock holms
    218aebb3.jpg

Something new: Neostead 2000 bullpup shotgun
    c091ed01.jpg

Yes, very little documentation on them actually being used. Some no doubt were employed in Pacific theater, I would not want to be the poor bast---d to test it. 10 rds of .45 ACP stored in the grip along with instructions. You had to load single shot and of course it was smooth bore. You don't try to shoot an original thats for sure.

An original in excellent condition with box of ammo and/or original instructions are worth $1,000s, of course you have to watch for the fakes. Now someone is manufacturing replicas for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

ssl wrote: »
    Something old: M712 Schnellfeuer from sherlock holms
    218aebb3.jpg

Something new: Neostead 2000 bullpup shotgun
    c091ed01.jpg

Bullpup shotguns!
    I just picked up a keltec ksg shotgun.
    Cool looking thing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

The Neostead is rather dated at this stage,and the KEL TEC has corrected its design faults and is in production. Id say the
    UTAS UTS 15 or the SRM 15[when it gets its FtoF and trigger problems sorted] will be the new tacticool shotguns on the block.

Of course if you want a Star wars and never made it past prototype,one or two only functioning ever made cool shotgun try this one..
    5lsylh.png
    Pancor Jackhammer.One for sale at 28,000 USD:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    The Neostead is rather dated at this stage,and the KEL TEC has corrected its design faults and is in production. Id say the
    UTAS UTS 15 or the SRM 15[when it gets its FtoF and trigger problems sorted] will be the new tacticool shotguns on the block.

Of course if you want a Star wars and never made it past prototype,one or two only functioning ever made cool shotgun try this one..
    5lsylh.png
    Pancor Jackhammer.One for sale at 28,000 USD:D

I could imagine the mush on the chief super if you turned up looking for a licence for one of those :D.

Another classic i'd like if i had deep pockets and lived in a country not run by spanners is the stg 44 , the grand daddy of them all. gsg are supposed to be doing a replica in .22lr.

http://www.mp44.nl/weapons/mp44.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Pffft. Boring. :P

I have always wanted to make one of these, but sadly, in Ireland, they're firearms so you can't without all the licencing fun that comes with it :(

Still would be a fun electronics project though...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Sparks wrote: »

I have always wanted to make one of these, but sadly, in Ireland, they're firearms so you can't without all the licencing fun that comes with it :(

Fixed it ...

Sparks wrote: »

Pfft , thats not a gun its an appliance :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Pfft , thats not a gun its an appliance :p.

Don't tell the US Navy that :D

But they have billions of dollars,nuke reactors ,ships an things,so one would hope they could build somthing better.:P
    Its getting there..But on a individual weapon system,still around the Arequebus stage.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Well from 20 year ago I always wanted an Accuracy International ... just always loved the fact that they were different and were known for their accuracy... and now ... I got my own:

DSC_0303.jpg

so now all I want is a Calico 960A :

Calico960A.jpg

Nice and short, 9mm, 100 round helical mag, ejects cases downward from in front of the trigger guard, single or full auto fire and far more stylish than an uzi ... where there's lead in the air there's hope!!!!

Seen it in a documentary and ... love at first sight...

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Taurus . 17 hmr revolver. Its a beast!!!

e491ae1b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭judestynes

Things people do when it's the quiet hour before they head home, find old threads to dig up..

Gotta git me one of these

Lahti L39

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Id love a WW1 Trench shotgun either a Browning A5(was in a dealer this week was just about to buy a very early A5 when the dealer realized it was malfunctioning:() Or a M1897
    3424.jpg

A malfunctioning Auto 5???Must have been something serious to get one of those tanks to malfunction.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    A malfunctioning Auto 5???Must have been something serious to get one of those tanks to malfunction.:p

Wouldnt extract old cartridge and cycle in new cartridge :o. Im seriously considering buying it and getting the rfd to fix it
    I bought a cheap fabarm pump action as a something for a while before i buy something nicer:D

Advertisement