Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the weirdest firearm you'd like to acquire?

Options
  • 01-08-2012 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I've developed a hankering for a Steyr Hanh Semi auto pistol.
    It's a weird looking yoke in 9x23mm, with a integral box mag fed by stripper clips.

Steyr_Hahn_M1912.JPG

styer1912-3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I have to admit, I wouldn't mind a Walther SSP :

32932.jpg

Or a Matchguns Mg2 :

mg2z.jpg

But the most likely new gun on my horizon right now is probably the new Walther LG400 :

2761670_1.jpg

They might not be very old, but I think they qualify for the 'wierd' title :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

A punt gun, a dead sheep, and a big flock of greycrows :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

A remington XM2010 .300 win mag! Just because I know I'll never have one:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Without doubt a webley fosbery automatic revolver , i want one sooo bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3wjn6y4qWg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Gabbett-Fairfax Mars.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MacsuibhneR

I reckon a .22 Gatling gun (if one is even made anywhere). As it is not a self loader it should be unrestricted, provided the magazine capacity is below 10 (someone is bound to have made either a belt fed one or I do know that they made ones with hoppers, which could be designed to hold less than 10 and a second crew man could pour them in). It would be great crack bunny bashing or on a range and not overly expensive.

I don't know if they even exist or if they do the cost is probably crazy but it would be great fun to own one.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MacsuibhneR

One of these would looks like it would be fun too.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3htG_a2bYI8&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

A Bofors L70
    L-70_BOFI_Bofors_Optronic_Fire_control_Instrument_40mm_air_defence_anti-aircraft_gun_Sweden_Swedish_defence_industry_640_001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQG7VmWkEFRsMca_1JPKDgy2VxzMQyAyfWujiSAZXbiCEAK9rG

or

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAMouqHn5Hm9-n269ay2sd1yx1xcllxeNuw13wG8JqVTvd-RqY8w

thermo wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQG7VmWkEFRsMca_1JPKDgy2VxzMQyAyfWujiSAZXbiCEAK9rG

or

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAMouqHn5Hm9-n269ay2sd1yx1xcllxeNuw13wG8JqVTvd-RqY8w

The de lisle carbine, nice choice , there is or was a company in the us who made a conversion kit for the lee's.

Another pistol i would like is the welrod , used by special forces during ww2. Rumour is it is still used for its original intended purpose.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/brit/welrod-silent-e.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Easy.

Steyr Aug.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLrbgCDRYaPz5o7cOBY07o_vusieILIxTmpa8M_DN_mP7hj3qQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

MVC-263F.jpg

^^ I'd love one of these for .22 mags for dispatching vermin in traps. I have to use a .22lr that has a scope. It gets very difficult at close range due to wire mesh etc..

svd01.jpg

^^ As for the SVD Dragunov....... drooling-homer-simpson1-jpg.23565

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

johngalway wrote: »
    A punt gun, a dead sheep, and a big flock of greycrows :cool:

Well John I will give you top marks for originality. :D:cool:
    We want to see big glossy photos when you put all three together in one place. That would be Uber:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

not that its weird, but I wouldnt mind of these :D might be an issue with recoil though!

http://guns.livejournal.com/2120787.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I reckon a .22 Gatling gun (if one is even made anywhere). As it is not a self loader it should be unrestricted, provided the magazine capacity is below 10 (someone is bound to have made either a belt fed one or I do know that they made ones with hoppers, which could be designed to hold less than 10 and a second crew man could pour them in). It would be great crack bunny bashing or on a range and not overly expensive.

I don't know if they even exist or if they do the cost is probably crazy but it would be great fun to own one.

Here you go..Now just get a qualified gunsmith to import the parts and build it and liscense it.:p
    http://www.gatlingguns.net/index.htm

Weirdest gun. UTAS 15 shotgun,made in Turkeyuts15-hunting.jpg

Or theTromix siamese 16tumblr_lyr3o5Rkhz1r9khx4o1_1280.jpg

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Well John I will give you top marks for originality. :D:cool:
    We want to see big glossy photos when you put all three together in one place. That would be Uber:cool:

Been thinking of that for years ever since I looked into punt guns and got talking to a few people. Caw, caw, caw, cawwwwwBOOOOOMMMmmmmmmmm! :D

rowa wrote: »
    The de lisle carbine, nice choice , there is or was a company in the us who made a conversion kit for the lee's.

any idea of the name of the company or even a link?

Nice find. 2007!

Ballistic_knife-01.jpg ballistic knife (i think its technically a fire arm)

ads_early2.jpg
    ADS DM or one of the later varients.

271018_250182874992786_203795929631481_1028444_6344223_n.jpg

• Advertisement

http://www.specialinterestarms.com/

rowa wrote: »

cheers, i wonder do they export?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Scud missile launcher:

scud3a.jpg

cheers, i wonder do they export?

you could try armalon in london , they do allsorts of enfield based oddities.

http://www.armalon.com/public/products

Not to weird, just a side opener in 16 gauge.

3266424.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sikahuntejack

would love a barret 50 calibre sniper rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Ballistic_knife-01.jpg ballistic knife (i think its technically a fire arm)

ADS DM or one of the later varients.

Stateside,its classified as a flick knife.So if you are serving military personel or law enforcement,it can be aquired.
    Mad yoke to play with,but very much an up close and personal last ditch 007 toy,and not much use if you miss!!!.

Better off with one of these.:D

awesome_knife.jpg At least you can still poke whatever is attacking you after you have missed 6times with the non existant barrel or sights.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

One of our club members has the SIA .45cal De Lisle carbine with a working moderator. Sadly for us, it costs around £2750 or so - even the fake wooden storage box it comes in is a £250 extra.

tac

tac foley wrote: »
    One of our club members has the SIA .45cal De Lisle carbine with a working moderator. Sadly for us, it costs around £2750 or so - even the fake wooden storage box it comes in is a £250 extra.

tac

i like the odd lee enfield stuff (have a L42 already) id prefere a conversion kit than a full rifle.
    if i were able to get a kit, where does the law stand on installing the kit to an existing firearm?

• Advertisement

i like the odd lee enfield stuff (have a L42 already) id prefere a conversion kit than a full rifle.
    if i were able to get a kit, where does the law stand on installing the kit to an existing firearm?

The same as licencing a sako quad or blaser with a spare barrel i'd imagine, though the calibre (.45acp) would mean its restricted even though it has far less muzzle energy than the original non restricted .303 :rolleyes:.

Advertisement