Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you'd like to say to them

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

You have been on my heart this week... and then I remembered... It's today, isn't it? The day you took yourself away from everyone who ever loved you. I still can't reconcile what happened. You were something special and I miss you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Baybay

My heart is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kildare75

5 years ago u passed away from me. Bloody heel its hard to believe its 5 yrs, feels like only 5 weeks ago at times.

still love you so much and miss you like crazy.

Its been incredibly hard to try and move on, can still smell your perfume and hear your voice sometimes in my mind.

love u always missy xxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tixati

We never did Mother's Day when you were alive because you were the type who pooh-poohed that sort of thing and didn't like to make a fuss. For some reason I'm thinking of you a lot today. I miss you loads and I wish we could've done something fun today. I would have, you know 😉 I thought about visiting your grave for the day that's in it but you know, today isn't the day for looking at your name and the finality of your life on a cold tombstone. There was so much more to your life than the year you were born and the day you left us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

• Advertisement

Heavenly anniversary 💐 ...I remember

I miss you bright eyes. I still can't understand your abrupt departure, with your whole life ahead of you. You were something special, it was evident all around you. I hope death has been treating you well my friend, cos I know life (and the many lives you touched) miss you greatly... You were needed and adored right here ...and as selfish as this sounds, I wish you were still here for me too.

Post edited by Deja Boo on

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭thefa

I never really made much of an effort for Father’s Day and the first one without you is just another reminder that you’re gone. Hope you realised how much I loved you despite my mixed signals at times. I very much took after you. You had your flaws but most of you was what I wanted to become as a man.

Your business has been kept going with aplomb. Your close friends and family showed how much you had meant to them at the funeral and ever since. Some not so close people were also quite shook, you’d have had a good laugh!

We’ve all gone through peaks and troughs but are all still going like you would have wanted to. You can rest easy. Love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

The firsts are always the hardest. First birthday, Christmas, Father’s Day.

i saw a friends mother today, and I know their family are going through one of those firsts today.

been there, bought the t shirt etc.

Your chapter has ended. The book is unfinished. I’ll need a little while. I’m a little overwhelmed to be the oldest generation but I’ll get there & I hope my chapter is half as good as yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,833 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A mug of coffee and a smoke always for you , three years today Ger 💐

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You would love how obnoxiously loud i have been playing tunes (didn't forget Orbital) in work.. Rest easy B, we'll mind her.

Of all the people in my life, I’m struggling with now knowing you weren’t who I thought you were. Everyone thinks I’m sad because you’re gone & I am but I’m also mourning the years of untruths. Can’t get past it all for now but I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I wish we could have gotten along better. I wish we didn't butt heads. I wish those hurtful things weren't said. I guess we loved each other but didn't like each other very much in the past few years. I am grieving for you now, even though I grieved at the end of our relationship a few years ago too. It still hurts so much knowing that you're gone Dad.

Hope you like the flowers Da , no doubt you'd laugh and say aye , wrong size (too small a pot ), wrong colour, sure it wouldn't be you if you did it right 😊 always loved x

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

I gave you the space you wanted to get better, I waited for your message to say that you were improving so that I could call, I never thought that I wouldn't see you again, that we would never have another chat over a cup of tea.

I know I'm not family and I can't imagine how they feel but you are my friend, I will miss you and today at your funeral today, I think my heart broke a little.

RIP my friend

Hi bright eyes, I know it's a day early, but every January now, I look for the snow to signal your leaving.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm not here to judge or question why you had to go, just know that part of me died with you. Rest easy H

We are so very, very tired. Rest easy loves xx

Happy heavenly journey, Aunt. Rest after your long journey now... and say hey to them, from their relative stranger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭outside the rain

Remember 'no mercy', 'the igor', 'la cuckarocha', and 'micktherip' and 'Sometimes'...you're mams song (not really her song tbf but yes I was playing her 80s cd 😛..... at 11' 😂💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

Post edited by outside the rain on

Three years ago today since that bastard virus ripped you away from us. I can't help but wonder if you'd still be here with us otherwise. It's crazy to think those who fell victim to it are already having third anniversaries. This year is tougher. The World has gone back to normal but we never will. We miss you every day. 💐

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Happy Birthday Mam 💐 Loved and missed beyond words every day ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Uncharted2

I'll love and miss you forever. So many regrets and think on things we could have done, and should have spent more time with you. Our life changed forever that day, words can't explain how much we miss you 💙

I tried so hard to pay my respects today. I was there. I just couldn't stand with my back.. I'll see you in the next cartoon my man, stay safe..

You trusted her not to do what I made clear I would do & now she’s doing it anyway. It’s a hard watch, for lots of reasons but I know you felt I should have chosen differently. I wonder what you’d make of things now?

I don't feel I was there for you enough. I'm so sorry sweetheart.

Thirty one years today son 👣

Happy Mother's Day Mam 💕

• Advertisement
Advertisement