Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Hopes 2012/2013

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Don't forget Chris Farrell. He looked good in the pre-season before he got injured.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Hagz wrote: »
    Don't forget Chris Farrell. He looked good in the pre-season before he got injured.

its a decent shout but he is still only 19 and in such a big unit he may take some time to find form/full fitness etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

i think part of the problem at centre is that we have been spoilt over the last 10 years....it would be wrong to think we could create another partnership on the same level soo soon.

Although I am bouyed by players we have coming through in other areas like back-row, 10, wings and fullback...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

We'll see where Robbie Henshaw ends up but maybe one day in the next couple of years we'll see a midfield of Luke Marshall and Robbie Henshaw for Ireland, that might be pretty good going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

bilston wrote: »
    We'll see where Robbie Henshaw ends up but maybe one day in the next couple of years we'll see a midfield of Luke Marshall and Robbie Henshaw for Ireland, that might be pretty good going forward.

Do you think henshaw has the qualities to move to 13?

I like him at fullback...good replacment for Kearney

• Advertisement

Utah_Saint wrote: »

No idea, I'm just repeating what others have said about him. I've only seen him play two or three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Utah_Saint wrote: »

13 is his original position and is talked about normally as a future 13. Certainly has the qualities to play either position

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

freyners wrote: »
    13 is his original position and is talked about normally as a future 13. Certainly has the qualities to play either position

back when he was playing under 18s for ireland he was playing 13 and Chris Farrell was at 12.

serious combination

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭clsmooth

OLD THREAD BUMPED

Quite an interesting read with hindsight. Who are the young hopes for 2016/2017?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Cian Kelleher - I think he fits Connacht's playing style very well and I anticipate some scything runs on display.

John Madigan - This must be the 3rd season in a row of me saying this, but if he can miraculously avoid injury, he'll feature heavily for Munster.

• Advertisement

In theory Jacob Stockdale at Ulster, but he has some serious quality ahead of him that a breakthrough could be tough. He should still get up to 10 caps.

When he returns from injury I think Bill Johnston could move up the queue in Munster pretty quickly.

James Ryan at Leinster would be one to look out for, but for a second row he is very young, Max Deegan is another, but like Ryan it may be more next season before he makes a breakthrough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Half the Munster team from tonight's game! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Yeah agree on names above future internationals hopefully;

Cian Kelleher
    Jacob Stockdale
    Joey Carberry
    James Ryan
    Dan Leavy (mentioned 3 years back n this thread but injuries have stopped his progression hopefully he has an injury free season and kicks on)
    James Ryan
    Andrew Porter

If I had to pick one leaving school this year it would be Jack Kelly from Michaels I really think he has a great future ahead of him

Advertisement